Creative Circle

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.1

Interview Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Creative Circle.

The office space is amazing. Wonderful environment, great front desk secretaries. However, the person whom I had the interview with seemed very uninterested in speaking with me and a bit stand-offish at times. It made me feel a bit uncomfortable. They sent me opportunities I told them I didn't really want anything to do with.

Junior Copywriter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Creative Circle.

Expect to get treated like a child. The recruiter that I interviewed with clearly has no respect for people that are not on her level. This may possibly be a testing tactic, to see how you handle someone condescending you.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just the recruiter talking in circles.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Creative Circle in July 2014.

I came across a recruiter that was inexperienced but really nice. I wish I had someone who had more in depth knowledge about my industry and could give more valuable insight about the Atlanta markets. I wasn't impressed with the process but being new to the area it was important for me to network with as many recruiters as possible. It is obvious that the recruiters are trained to make it seem like that will be able to place but this is not the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Creative Circle in July 2014.

I signed up online and they immediately called to set up an in person interview. The interview was standard. They had me present my work from my online portfolio. They wanted to know a lot about my process and there was an emphasis on knowing the concepts behind my work. My interviewer seemed to be a big fan of simple and clean design work.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question. The questions were about the kind of work you are looking for (freelance or full time).   Answer Question

Freelance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Creative Circle in June 2014.

Phone interview, planned out with 2 days notice. Was fairly easy. I didn't feel they technically understood what I do, but they had an idea how to place me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Creative Circle in April 2014.

You better have big brand names in your portfolio or they won't consider you. I've interviewed three times with them and not once have I landed a job. My portfolio has no big name brands to show off and I can feel the recruiter isn't impressed. My work isn't the best, but better than most that I've seen and I can't even land a production job from Creative Circle.

Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Creative Circle in April 2014.

Submitted portfolio online, scheduled in-office interview

Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Creative Circle in March 2014.

I applied for a specific job online, and I was separately contacted based on my resume to have an in-person interview with Creative Circle to go over other opportunities.

When I arrived, everything seemed nice enough, but upon meeting with the recruiter, I quickly became aware that she was more interested in how she could match me with a client than she was in who I was as a person and what I was interested in doing. Maybe I just shouldn't interact with staffing agencies, but I did not feel valued at all during the interview process and even felt put-down at times.

Overall, it was not a pleasant experience. Creative Circle might do well to remember that interviews are a two-way street. It doesn't matter if I won them over, because they definitely did not win me over.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Creative Circle in January 2014.

I was contacted via LinkedIn and directed to a recruiter in my geographical region. After some very friendly and professional emails, I was formally scheduled for an in-person interview and asked to fill out a series of online forms before my arrival.

After reviewing the forms, I didn't feel comfortable providing all of my personal information (SSN / Salary Information / etc) to a person / company I had not yet met with. I explained my concerns to the recruiter who said it wouldn't be a problem, and suggested we meet in person as previously scheduled.

Upon my arrival, I was told by the receptionist the recruiter would not see me until I filled out the appropriate forms. After I explained and showed the back and forth emails, the recruiter still refused to come to the lobby to see me.

Normally, I wouldn't be feel it necessary to write a review, but I took time away from work to meet with this person.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, I was not given the opportunity to be interviewed   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Creative Circle in January 2014.

Received a call within a week of application. The phone interview was short and sweet, briefly discussing my currently employment status, desired position(s), and availability. In person interview was approximately one half hour, diving deeper into my qualifications, experience, and skill set. Also covered, at length, Creative Circle's employment processes and policies. The interviewer was very pleasant, professional, informative, and open to addressing questions and/or concerns.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that came up during interview were typical - "Tell me a little about yourself", "What type of position do you feel most qualified for?", "Do you have the necessary skills for this position?", "What hourly rate range would you accept for this position?", etc.   Answer Question