Creative Circle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.2

Contract Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Creative Circle (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submit Resume Get a phone call from a sales girl/recruiter Meet the recruiter/ sales girl in person Sales girl tries to bully me when I arrive and asked me to go get lunch and come back because she is busy... All the while she has no job, I have only come in to register to be part of the job bank. AKA make it look like she has appointments and is working hard. If you are in fact looking for a job this place will only make you look stupid or feel desperate. The ego on the people who work here is strange. This maybe a place for people just out of college looking for jobs. Seasoned people will not bother with this type of nonsense. They asked for my references and called them up even though they don't have a job to send me to interview for, which is fine, however do you want three former bosses to be called up so that you can be in a data base ? They send out email blasts with jobs and never respond if you write them back and have interest. They pay you $25 an hour when they bill $100 an hour. They collect 75 percent. That is criminal on so many levels, to everyone but themselves. Most contractors get the 75 and the company behind them collects 25 percent. All in all this is a waste of time and just gives recruiters/sales people something to do. After all creative circle is not hiring you, they are paper pushers. No idea why any firm would use them of anyone would take a contract job from them.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with temp work that can end early or get extended ? AKA are you cool with whatever terms we decide as we go along ?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Creative Circle (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process seemed very scripted. They literally put me in an empty room and read off a bunch of questions rapid fire from a sheet of paper, with spaces after each question to jot down information. Some of the questions were pretty standard, but are the type that one would want to take a few minutes to think about to craft an intelligent response. The interviewer also seemed rather annoyed and offended that I was not taking notes. I did not get the impression that they were interested in getting to know me at all. Personally, I feel more comfortable when interviews are conversational, with opportunities to discuss experience, etc. This was not that at all. I was brought back a second time to meet with the regional manager. I thought this went well, but found out about a week later that they would be moving forward with another candidtate. The internal recruiter offered to give me feedback on the interviews, and when I asked for it, I was ignored.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Creative Circle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started with a phone call screen and moved to an in-person. They were very transparent about the opportunity, the challenges and what attributes they were looking for. It was actually pretty refreshing to know what you were getting into from the start.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a very structured daily routine?   1 Answer

Representation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Creative Circle (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was a quick but thorough process. We covered all the bases. We basically went over my resume and covered all the things that could be marketable to different positions. There was one position I was already interested and we talked about that one in more depth to see how to best approach it.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Creative Circle (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an interview to get into their designers pool. So basically, it was a show-and-tell of my portfolio and skills. It was a rather quick and aseptic process, where they get you into a small room with a huge iMac, and start talking about some of your projects, the requirements to be fulfilled if you are being hired by them, and the possible benefits you get. It was a friendly and relaxed interview. The problem was that after saying that everything was wonderful, they never contacted me again, nor they answered any of my messages. And that was weird (and a little rude), considering that they approached me in the first place.

Interview Questions

• What would you want to do, or what are you into right now?   Answer Question

Vdeo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Creative Circle (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The recruiter that I met was very easy to talk with. She talked about what Creative Circle offers and their type's clients. We talked briefly about my work history and what type of positions I was looking for. We then reviewed my portfolio and followed up with some questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Q: She asked a lot of questions about what my contributions were to the portfolio items I was sharing.   1 Answer

Freelance Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Creative Circle in April 2015.

Interview

Creative Circle definitely has a unique process. I read a lot of reviews on here about how they work, and while most of them rated CC as absolutely terrible and recounted horror stories, I figured I'd find out for myself. I submitted myself to numerous open positions on their website and through email before I got an email from them stating that my work was great and in line with the kind of talent they represent. From there, I set up to have an interview with one of the reps. But first, I was required to fill out a Candidate Profile, submit a list of references, and sign a contract—all before the interview. The Candidate Profile was a collection of basic info on salary/rate requirements, skillsets, software knowledge, education, experience, and work samples; nothing too hard to fill in. A minimum of three references were required, with at least two of them being supervisors. I had references, but I did not have current contact info for one of the supervisors, and that posed an issue because there was a note saying that no one could move forward in the process without ALL of their references being checked. I spoke with the CC receptionist, however, and she said it would be just fine to submit only one supervisor, as I was supplying a total of five references, and that was more than enough. I don't know that any of them were ever contacted, though, as none I listed have told me they were. The contract gave me pause. I've never worked anywhere that required you to sign away rights or to an agreement before the actual interview, and the reviews about this particular part were a little scary. Basically, CC requires that you work with them to find work with any of their clients for a full year. So while they encourage you to continue freelancing on your own, if you come across a position that is with a company you know CC works with, then you have to apply through CC until that year is up. It also included the standard requirement that you receive permission from the client to include work you've done for them in your portfolio, along with additional clauses on benefits and termination rights. I didn't see much of an issue with either of these things in my personal situation, so I signed, even though I thought it was strange to require it upfront. As I am not based in Chicago, the interview was over the phone. The rep was nice, if a little distracted while running through the gamut of Candidate Profile questions to confirm what I'd submitted. She also asked about what kinds of work I was looking for, in terms of style and work environment, so there was a little digging deeper than what others had reviewed about their CC interviews. Then she went through the legal ramifications of the agreement I had pre-signed. After that rundown, she asked me to walk her through my portfolio as she had my website pulled up. I'll admit that I'd never presented over the phone before, but it seemed to go smoothly. I could tell during the third (and final) project that she seemed to be wanting/needing to wrap up, so I cut it short there. Once I was done, the rep quickly told me of a couple positions she would submit me for and how to get in touch with her, before ending the interview. I didn't get a chance to ask any questions about how representation worked, or anything at all. True to her word, though, less than a minute after it was over, she had emailed me her contact information. I assumed from that I was being picked up as talent, even though no one ever said anything along the lines of "we like your work and we'd like to represent you." My rep got me an interview with one of the positions she'd said she'd submit me to about a week after the CC interview. While waiting to hear back from that position, I submitted myself to a few more CC positions and was contacted by another CC rep asking to submit me to one of her open positions (so CC rep rivalry doesn't seem to be an issue, at least not in the Chicago branch). After a week and a half, I was hired on by the CC client I'd interviewed with. Overall, it was a pretty quick turn-around from getting picked up by CC to being hired by one of their clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation phase. In the Candidate Profile, you submit your salary/rate requirements and when you're submitted to client positions, your rep secures pay within that range for you.

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Creative Circle (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy. They are really going to help you find a match for your career goals. Just don't stop asking them if they have found a match for you. It may take a while, but when they find the perfect match, they will definitely call you.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Creative Circle (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied with them online and was contacted shortly after via email and phone. Although they promptly contacted me, and interview was not scheduled for several weeks because they were unavailable. The interview itself was very casual and I was made to feel like they would have no problem fining work for me.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what skills I had as a designer so they could properly place me.   Answer Question

Freelance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Creative Circle.

Interview

Extremely professional, met with a few different team members and all were polite very through. I enjoyed meeting them and I feel they will be able to place me in the future.