Credera

Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credera.

Applied through campus career center after visiting Credera's career fair table. Was invited to a dinner at a pretty upscale restaurant. The meals were at least $100/plate. No expense was spared.

After that, I interviewed on campus with 2 partners (the CEO was one of them) and a senior architect. The interviews were all personal and non-technical. During my last interview, the CEO offered me on the spot. I wasn't expecting an offer but they gave me about 2 weeks to make a decision.

I ultimately accepted the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
I did not attempt to negotiate, but I would encourage you to if you have a higher offer. Credera offers above average salary for entry level positions, but I had offers with a higher starting salary. I was later advised that Credera would have likely matched if I had attempted to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Credera

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credera in September 2012.

The interview process at Credera was very pleasant. They communicated clearly and promptly. I had three interviews with them: a technical one with a practice leader, a character and culture one with the President, and a final meeting to decide where I would best fit at the company. The people I met during the process were all impressive. They were very friendly and clearly competent. I appreciated their candor and felt like I had a good understanding of the company, their own experiences, and their expectations after our meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If you were tasked to implement a technology you had never used before, how would you go about learning it?   Answer Question
    The team at Credera was fair with their offer. It was a little unclear what level I should come in at, but I trusted their judgement and counsel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credera in October 2011.

Found the recruiters at the college career fair. Struck up an interesting conversation and was invited to a dinner that night. 10 or so students were invited, 7 or so attended dinner. All 7 were invited to interview on campus the next day. 5 passed the first interview, and were invited to take an aptitude test. 3 were invited to the corporate head quarters in Dallas for interviews with the partners and CEO. All 3 were given offers, and all 3 accepted.

The interview process was great. The interviews were more of conversations to get to know each other. Not just for the interviewer to get to know us, but for us to get to know them and the company. They made it seem intimidating; work would be challenging and the consulting career isn't for everyone. That made me try harder at everything to prepare for work. It was amazing how even the partners and CEO interviewed college students to see if we were right for their company. Made us feel appreciated and desired.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about Object-Oriented Programming and SQL. Not unexpected but definitely the most challenging. Also asked questions about the core values of the company. I felt comfortable with their values and believe in them so it was easy to talk about.   Answer Question
    They gave me a great offer so there was no need to negotiate, I accepted the day I got the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credera in December 2010.

Did an on-campus interview, took a programming aptitude test, then had an on-site interview at their main office. The interview is highly cultural, so just be yourself and be professional! There is a technical interview as well, so get plenty of sleep the night before. One of your interviews will be over lunch, so don't order something greasy and horrible that will make you fart for the rest of the day, because there are more interviews to go after that! =)

Interview Questions
    • Just be confident in your knowledge of basic data structures, object oriented programming, and algorithms. I didn't think any of the questions were hard, but I did answer one of them kind of poorly because I wasn't thinking creatively in terms of data structures.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because they made a great offer.