Credera

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credera in November 2014.

Met at University Career fair for first time and was taken to dinner that night. CEO was there the entire time and used his infamous baseball analogy. Submitted resume officially through University Career site, and was offered an interview a few weeks later. Interview was with partner of the firm, and the questions were strictly behavioral. Was invited that evening to take a generic programming test, B-APT test. They expect a certain score to continue. Was offered an office visit/2nd round (or 3rd if you count the dinner) interview process. Housed in nearby hotel, first night was dinner with the partners, and the next day was interviews. Before that was lunch with two other members both senior consultants.
3 people for official round of interviews: 1) behavioral 2) semi-technical questions. Resolved around Java pointers a simple implementation of linked list 3) Focused more on what other offers you have and what the benefits were.

Interview Questions
  • I never liked this question: "What would your peers say are your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question
In that process currently. During the office visit, negotiations were encouraged.

Other Interview Reviews for Credera

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credera in November 2014.

I did about 6 interviews before getting a job offer. Each of the interviews was designed to focus on a different area and this really helped me gain an insight to the culture of the company. Everyone I interviewed with was polite and as informal as an interview can be with lots of give and take in the conversation. After the interview process I was more excited about getting to work at Credera because of the attitude and high standards that my interviewers exhibited and expected from candidates. I also really appreciated the thoroughness of the interview process and then the quickness (under 24 hours) that I received an offer after the final interview.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credera.

Applied through campus career center after visiting Credera's career fair table. Was invited to a dinner at a pretty upscale restaurant. The meals were at least $100/plate. No expense was spared.

After that, I interviewed on campus with 2 partners (the CEO was one of them) and a senior architect. The interviews were all personal and non-technical. During my last interview, the CEO offered me on the spot. I wasn't expecting an offer but they gave me about 2 weeks to make a decision.

I ultimately accepted the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate, but I would encourage you to if you have a higher offer. Credera offers above average salary for entry level positions, but I had offers with a higher starting salary. I was later advised that Credera would have likely matched if I had attempted to negotiate.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credera in March 2014.

I was invited to a local restaurant the same night that I met the campus recruiting representative at the campus job fair. The dinner was professional, but laid back. The conversation was casual and comfortable, and all of the Credera employees present were engaged and friendly. They discussed in-depth the interview process, their respective roles at the company, Credera's vision and values, and much more. After this dinner, I attended a scheduled on-campus interview which was followed by a programming aptitude test. A couple of weeks later, I was invited to an on-site interview at the Dallas office.

The on-site interview began in the evening with dinner at a restaurant close to the Dallas office. This dinner was much bigger than the first one - with many more interviewees and company employees - but was very similar in manner. Rob, the CEO, was present for this dinner and he went more in depth in discussing the outline of the next day and what Credera was looking for in a potential hire. The company put all of the interviewees up in a hotel (with private rooms!).

The next day began with breakfast with several of younger employees - people hired in the last year or two - followed by a tour of the Dallas office, a presentation outline the company's vision, mission, and values and a typical "day in the life" of a consultant. After the presentation was a series of individual interviews with different people in the company - a technical interview, an interview with the CEO, and a few others. They stress throughout the whole process that they are looking for people who help define a certain company culture, and that they will just as soon hire all of the potential interviewees as none of them, depending on how many fit what they're looking for. Around lunch time, they take you out to lunch with a couple other employees at a local restaurant, and the whole process is finished around 3 or 4pm. They tell you that you will get a phone call in the next two days (my interview day was on Wednesday and I heard from them on Friday) telling you whether or not you have the job.

Overall, the interview process was great. Not only did it involve several free (and great) meals, but Credera did a great job of ensuring you know what the company is like and making you feel valued and pursued as a potential employee. You will get to meet a lot of different people that work at the company, all of whom give you a better idea of what a typical Credera employee is like.

Interview Questions
    • I found the technical interview difficult, but mostly because my major area of study at school was not in computer science.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credera in September 2012.

The interview process at Credera was very pleasant. They communicated clearly and promptly. I had three interviews with them: a technical one with a practice leader, a character and culture one with the President, and a final meeting to decide where I would best fit at the company. The people I met during the process were all impressive. They were very friendly and clearly competent. I appreciated their candor and felt like I had a good understanding of the company, their own experiences, and their expectations after our meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If you were tasked to implement a technology you had never used before, how would you go about learning it?   Answer Question
    The team at Credera was fair with their offer. It was a little unclear what level I should come in at, but I trusted their judgement and counsel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credera in October 2011.

Found the recruiters at the college career fair. Struck up an interesting conversation and was invited to a dinner that night. 10 or so students were invited, 7 or so attended dinner. All 7 were invited to interview on campus the next day. 5 passed the first interview, and were invited to take an aptitude test. 3 were invited to the corporate head quarters in Dallas for interviews with the partners and CEO. All 3 were given offers, and all 3 accepted.

The interview process was great. The interviews were more of conversations to get to know each other. Not just for the interviewer to get to know us, but for us to get to know them and the company. They made it seem intimidating; work would be challenging and the consulting career isn't for everyone. That made me try harder at everything to prepare for work. It was amazing how even the partners and CEO interviewed college students to see if we were right for their company. Made us feel appreciated and desired.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about Object-Oriented Programming and SQL. Not unexpected but definitely the most challenging. Also asked questions about the core values of the company. I felt comfortable with their values and believe in them so it was easy to talk about.   Answer Question
    They gave me a great offer so there was no need to negotiate, I accepted the day I got the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credera in December 2010.

Did an on-campus interview, took a programming aptitude test, then had an on-site interview at their main office. The interview is highly cultural, so just be yourself and be professional! There is a technical interview as well, so get plenty of sleep the night before. One of your interviews will be over lunch, so don't order something greasy and horrible that will make you fart for the rest of the day, because there are more interviews to go after that! =)

Interview Questions
    • Just be confident in your knowledge of basic data structures, object oriented programming, and algorithms. I didn't think any of the questions were hard, but I did answer one of them kind of poorly because I wasn't thinking creatively in terms of data structures.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because they made a great offer.