Credera

Credera Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Credera.

Long process with challenging questions. Good discussions, and they take their time to make sure the fit is right. Be prepared for a combination of personality and case questions. Company leadership was very transparent with where the company wanted to go and made themselves available for questions at any point following the interviews...set the tone for a great team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Case discussion on structuring and selling a project to a client.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credera in January 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter and later by an art director because they'd seen my online portfolio. We met for lunch informally. I was asked to do a project similar to my what my job responsibilties would be and present it. I had two weeks to complete that task. I presented in front of multiple members from the UX discipline as well as a partner and was asked questions conversationally after. I was asked to come back and interview with Rob Borrego. I was contacted that afternoon by the recruiter letting me know I could be expecting an offer. I received the offer the following day, accepted, and started a month later.

Consultant (C1) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Credera.

The hireing process is what makes this companies people better than any other. It is intense but if you ask any one in the company they would not have it any other way.

This was my process:

1. Met at a career fair
    2. Had dinner with them that night
    3. Had a first interview with upper-management member
    4. Had another dinner
    5. Had a second interview with CFO
    6. Took an aptitude test
    7. Got invited to Dallas where I had:
           a. dinner with CEO and partners(group of college hires)
           b. technical interview
           c. culture interview
           d. behavioral interview
           e. values interview

That is 11 different people/opportunities for Credera to get to know us to make sure that we are a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have one that stumped me, but the technical interview went rather deep in a subject that I knew   Answer Question
    I told them my other offer and they beat it with out me asking

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credera in November 2014.

Met at University Career fair for first time and was taken to dinner that night. CEO was there the entire time and used his infamous baseball analogy. Submitted resume officially through University Career site, and was offered an interview a few weeks later. Interview was with partner of the firm, and the questions were strictly behavioral. Was invited that evening to take a generic programming test, B-APT test. They expect a certain score to continue. Was offered an office visit/2nd round (or 3rd if you count the dinner) interview process. Housed in nearby hotel, first night was dinner with the partners, and the next day was interviews. Before that was lunch with two other members both senior consultants.
    3 people for official round of interviews: 1) behavioral 2) semi-technical questions. Resolved around Java pointers a simple implementation of linked list 3) Focused more on what other offers you have and what the benefits were.

Interview Questions
    • I never liked this question: "What would your peers say are your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question
    In that process currently. During the office visit, negotiations were encouraged.

Consultant (C1) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credera in November 2014.

Hiring and interview process took about 4 weeks in total, as I was a recruit from a university. After initially meeting Rob and other consultants at a Career Fair, I was invited to a nice dinner at a local restaurant. They spared no expense, were very open and honest, and made everyone feel welcome and their concerns heard. Next was the initial interview at my university, which was quick and welcoming and with Bryan Plantes, who was also at the dinner. That same evening was the BAPT test, which was challenging but if you are looking for a consultant position in an IT field, should be fun. Then I was invited to Dallas (either by complimentary plane or reimbursed driving), where I was put in a very nice hotel (with a gift basket!) and nice dinner the first night, then the next day included a great breakfast at a local restaurant, a few hours of current projects some consultants had been working on and Credera culture, and then three interviews. The interviews themselves were very relaxed and conversational, aside from the technical. All in all it was a very good experience and well thought out on Credera's part.

Interview Questions
    • In the technical interview, was asked some higher-level Java questions, database questions, logic, object-oriented programming questions, etc. I was stumped by a few, but I admitted to not being able to answer and gave full effort to the ones I knew I could answer. They admitted to having no doubt I could do the job well.   Answer Question
    Once I received an offer based on a mutually agreed location, I didn't negotiate because the offer was very good.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credera in November 2014.

I did about 6 interviews before getting a job offer. Each of the interviews was designed to focus on a different area and this really helped me gain an insight to the culture of the company. Everyone I interviewed with was polite and as informal as an interview can be with lots of give and take in the conversation. After the interview process I was more excited about getting to work at Credera because of the attitude and high standards that my interviewers exhibited and expected from candidates. I also really appreciated the thoroughness of the interview process and then the quickness (under 24 hours) that I received an offer after the final interview.

Senior Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credera.

The interview process at Credera focuses on relationships and skills. Culture is a very important part of the Credera interview even to the point of questions that are certainly not from the HR-acceptable textbook. I had no issue with anything asked but the question sets are more personal than what one typically experiences. Credera does still use a skills test which seems old school.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a specific question but I did not expect to receive so many personal questions (values, beliefs, birth order)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credera.

Applied through campus career center after visiting Credera's career fair table. Was invited to a dinner at a pretty upscale restaurant. The meals were at least $100/plate. No expense was spared.

After that, I interviewed on campus with 2 partners (the CEO was one of them) and a senior architect. The interviews were all personal and non-technical. During my last interview, the CEO offered me on the spot. I wasn't expecting an offer but they gave me about 2 weeks to make a decision.

I ultimately accepted the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate, but I would encourage you to if you have a higher offer. Credera offers above average salary for entry level positions, but I had offers with a higher starting salary. I was later advised that Credera would have likely matched if I had attempted to negotiate.

Very Obnoxious Chief Executive Officer - Very Immodest for Their Size and Capabilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Credera.

The process is the usual recruiter call followed by in-person interviews with one or two technical consultants and then partners. Went through multiple interviews including finally with their CEO. All other sessions were great but the CEO was very disrespectful, just obnoxious and I stopped myself from walking out in the middle of the meeting. It took me less than 24 hours to send an email to them very politely mentioning that I am not interested in the role.

But, in reality, I am happy to have been employed somewhere else (I was not really looking when I got this call) and am shocked as to why rest of this CEO's team thinks highly of him and their culture. I really did not think it was a bad day thing for him, he did come across as being very narcissistic (he has built and managed very large companies before - better than (insert-the-name-of-your-company-here) - and is not interested in doing that anymore)

Interview Questions
    • I think consulting companies out there like your current employer are "pimps" and they just shop bodies. What do you think?   View Answer

Credera Response

Jul 26, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback. Open reviews from both our employees and interviewees help us continually grow and improve.

Our desire and intention is to treat everyone who comes through our
    ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credera in May 2014.

My contact with Credera came through LinkedIn as a referral/InMail from an internal recruiter. Her message was relational and better than many of the form messages that come from external recruiters these days.

The recruiter setup an initial conversation and meeting at a neutral location to describe the company, position, etc. From there, she laid out the rough framework of their interview process, which normally stepped through a technical screening call, then on-site interviews, and then it seemed a separate and final screening by the CEO or a company founder.

Credera conducted six interviews across three separate days, not counting the initial recruiter meeting. In my case, they skipped the technical screening phone call and bundled it into the first on-site set of interviews. That was both good and bad, because while it encouraged me (thinking, "this must be good if they want to skip a step!"), it probably also led me to ask more vulnerable questions, not out of ignorance, but from a desire to specifically understand how *Credera* conducts their client engagements. The interviews as a whole seemed to go well and were mostly comfortable. One other anomaly in my interview process was the acceleration of the CEO interview to slot #3. This meant that I hadn't talked to the practice lead and thus didn't fully understand the practice/dept culture and manner of operations. Thus, when the CEO asked more consulting and business development questions, I was still gathering data and building a picture of working at Credera, and I didn't have confident answers. In hindsight, I know many ways to have improved this perception, but that's hindsight.

The people that I met and a few at Credera that I knew from other areas of life were/are very kind, likeable, and predominantly humble. In a society that tends to exalt proud go-getters, such openness is refreshing. I sensed they genuinely worked for the common good of the company and their customers.

The office was very open and team-oriented. With the exception of executive and some backoffice staff, rooms and cubes are shared and collaborative space.

Finally, the work culture is targeted at high intensity and excellence. As a friend there put it, if you are an all-star at your current company, you're average at Credera. It takes consistent and ascending excellence to leave the "3" (meets expectations) on their scale of 1-6. Few get sixes in sub-parts of their reviews; none have scored a comprehensive six. On the flip side, they reward that culture of excellence with bonuses, professional development and mentoring, and even company trips each year.

Interview Questions
    • Curiously enough, the most unexpected question was from the CEO and asked for my life history, going all the way back to birth (even the hospital) and stepping through a lot of personal areas of life. I was okay with that, but it definitely took the entire interview process to a much more vulnerable level, which made the impact of the outcome more personal.   Answer Question