Credit Acceptance

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

3.1

Collector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Acceptance.

This was one of the best jobs I've ever had, given the opportunity I would love to go back. I have learned a lot and I was given may opportunities to, to excel the company is fun and there is not one dull moment

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Acceptance in March 2014.

Was recommended for the position by an employee, interviewed with the Recruiter and Area Manager by phone. Interviewed face to face with Area Manager who told me I had the job but I would need to interview with the VP as a formality. The interview was the VP, Area Mgr and some other guy. The Area Manager even sent me the map to show me my territory and said he had the authority to make the hiring decision and wanted me on his team.

Interview Questions
    • He wanted me to sell me their program with no training on their program. He just kept snapping at me.   View Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst-analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source – interviewed at Credit Acceptance in March 2014.

The hiring manager asked a few technical questions through phone interview, and the next week HR sent over the Caliper Assessment. About four weeks later, HR sent a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real difficult or unexpected questions, but I think I should have better prepared for it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in October 2013.

The Human Resources department was very friendly and welcoming. The waiting area had photos of employees partaking in various activities together outside of work, like a chili cook off, Halloween party and volunteering. It displayed that the company valued its workers and that strong relationships were an important part to making it an enjoyable work environment.

Two men interviewed me for the credit analyst position. It was a little intimidating the interviewers were not very personable and just read the questions and wrote my responses with little interaction. After the interview I had to do a typing test. I never received a call from Credit Acceptance about my status in the interview, but since it has been about 4 months I take it that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • I had to do a role play where I was speaking with a disgruntle customer who was trying to get me to do something that was against company policy. It was difficult because I did not have any experience in this particular field or knowledge of the policies and procedures.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in May 2013.

I was called by a gentleman who identified himself as the recruiter for C.A. He told me he would call me at a scheduled time to interview me for the job. The process took twenty minutes and the questions were fairly generic. I felt that the interview and result was predetermined. There was no real interest in me or my qualifications.I
    Was asked one question about how I would find new business for the company. The response was....really strange as the interview was boring. The questions were boring and the recruiter was boring. There was no excitement about the company or the job.
    When I asked questions about the company,I did receive straight forward answers but when I asked about how many women were involved in the management of the company, the recruiter got very defensive.
    I was not impressed and obviously the recruiter wasn't impressed with me as I did not get another interview.....just a thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about obtaining more clients for the business?   Answer Question

Market Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Acceptance.

Multi Interviews

Interview Questions
    Same Psy scale offered across the states.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in January 2013.

1st interview was a phone discussion with HR.
    2nd interview was a phone discussion with the hiring manager.
    Then it is followed by an IQ/Intelligence and Personality Test from a company called as Caliper Corp. I was expecting it a personality test but it had a lot of IQ questions.
    Then, I NEVER received an email or phone call or message from them. Not certain what that was all about. When asked, there was another (4th) interview that was scheduled with another project manager.
    Then, without any feedback they said to pass on this position. Guess what, they did not even wish to disclose reasons for passing on.
    I think after 2-3 weeks of engagement, I did expect some feedback. It looks like I wasted time interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were either technical or related to resume. No prep needed   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in January 2012.

First interview was a phone discussion with HR. 2nd interview was a phone discussion with the hiring manager. After that I took an IQ/Intelligence and Personality Test. There was a communication issue with HR. They indicated to my recruiter they had been attempting to contact me for 2 days and had not been successful. However, I NEVER received an email or phone call or message from them. Not certain what that was all about. 3rd interview was 1:1 with HR. 4th interview was 1:1 with hiring manager. After apparently passing this criteria, I was called to develop and conduct a presentation. They required I demonstrate my process for the following (issue evaluation, implementation strategy, recommendation prep/presentation and execution). I presented to a panel of 7. It seemed one individuals sole purpose was to observe and pay attention to my speech pattern, gestures, etc. since they did not speak not one time during the entire process. All other persons present had several questions during the Q&A session. This part of the process was 1.5 hours. My recruiter was called the next day to inform me I did not meet the technical requirements for the position. However, I don't believe that is the case since any lack in technical attributes would certainly have been detected in any one of the initial interviews and the process should have ceased prior to the panel. So, of course it was something else they just did not wish to disclose for whatever reason. Be prepared for a younger group as there was not one person over the age of 35. The tenure range for the group was from 1-10 years.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when and how you handled a person on the team who was not motivated to complete tasks timely on a regular basis.   Answer Question
    • What do you feel your most critical role is as a project leader as it relates to the rest of the team. Explain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in December 2011.

I was referred by a current employee/friend. Phone Interview with HR to talk about my prior experience and why I wanted to work at Credit Acceptance. That was followed by 2 1:1 interviews and a group/panel interview of primarily behavioral/situational questions and questions about my prior experience in customer service & operations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you had to present something and you were not prepared.   View Answer
    Non-Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in September 2011.

Applied online then received a personal email to schedule a phone interview, which was a traditional phone interview with both work history and behaivoral type questions. At the end the I was immediately scheduled for a face to face interview a week and a half later.

I met with the HR person that conducted the phone interview and three managers and the head of that department (which I thought was a little excessive, even for panel style) + a person in the position I was applying for to test my Spanish. The interview took an hour and a half and I also had a role play with good feedback. The Managers seemed a little cocky but not unmanagable. I left a nice portfolio of my work and education and sent a thank you card to the HR person.

The next day I was called to come in for a typing test and a second interview a week and a half later. I took the typing test then met with a different HR person (which was no problem due to the fact that the one I had originally saw was pregnant) and she was immediately confrontational. She asked about my non-compete agreement which I explained to her and she said, "How do I know that, how do I know it doesn't affect us?" Rather than "Can you please provide me something in writing stating who it affects?" I then met with another manager who wasn't in the original interview, the head manager and one that was. And they proceeded to interview me again and they all were very confrontational. The HR person admitted she didn't have the previous ones notes, I didn't see my portfolio on the table for them to share with the ones that were not in the first interview and I immediately knew I did not want to work for this company. I was not in the mood, to do my entire interview over again for the benefit of two unprepared people and gave short answers.

Not suprisingly they sent me an email saying they had decided to go with other candidates the next day, which I was estatic about since I had already scheduled two more second interviews with companies I liked by that time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had conflice with another employee   Answer Question