Credit Acceptance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Intelligence Analyst-analytics Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst-analytics
Detroit, MI

I applied through other source - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring manager asked a few technical questions through phone interview, and the next week HR sent over the Caliper Assessment. About four weeks later, HR sent a rejection email.

Interview Question – There was no real difficult or unexpected questions, but I think I should have better prepared for it.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in January 2011.

Interview Details – Start with sending of resume. Phone call interview. Online tests. Meet with mgr. Meet with VP.

Interview Question – Give a presentation of product   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Comfortable

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in October 2013.

Interview Details – The Human Resources department was very friendly and welcoming. The waiting area had photos of employees partaking in various activities together outside of work, like a chili cook off, Halloween party and volunteering. It displayed that the company valued its workers and that strong relationships were an important part to making it an enjoyable work environment.

Two men interviewed me for the credit analyst position. It was a little intimidating the interviewers were not very personable and just read the questions and wrote my responses with little interaction. After the interview I had to do a typing test. I never received a call from Credit Acceptance about my status in the interview, but since it has been about 4 months I take it that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – I had to do a role play where I was speaking with a disgruntle customer who was trying to get me to do something that was against company policy. It was difficult because I did not have any experience in this particular field or knowledge of the policies and procedures.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager
Suffern, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by a gentleman who identified himself as the recruiter for C.A. He told me he would call me at a scheduled time to interview me for the job. The process took twenty minutes and the questions were fairly generic. I felt that the interview and result was predetermined. There was no real interest in me or my qualifications.I
Was asked one question about how I would find new business for the company. The response was....really strange as the interview was boring. The questions were boring and the recruiter was boring. There was no excitement about the company or the job.
When I asked questions about the company,I did receive straight forward answers but when I asked about how many women were involved in the management of the company, the recruiter got very defensive.
I was not impressed and obviously the recruiter wasn't impressed with me as I did not get another interview.....just a thank you letter.

Interview Question – How would you go about obtaining more clients for the business?   Answer Question

Senior Collector Interview

Senior Collector

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in September 2011.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview consisted of role plays and basic questions like , why did you leave your last jod and work experiences. After the phone interview, they called me back within the week to schedule a face to face interview. This interview was a panel with three people which were a supervisor, mananger and HR. They basically asked the same questions over the phone that they did in face to face inteview so write them down to help remember your answers. Also they want you to be able to make someone pay you so make sure you ask questions that make sense through the role play.

Interview Question – They asked for strengths and weaknesses;If you ever did something on the job you regreted; examples of how you manage you time; team enviornment examples:   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negoiation for the hourly rate unfortunately, but they do offer a very competitive bonus struture!

Very Difficult Interview

Southfield, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Acceptance.

Interview Details – Multi Interviews

Interview Question – Objections to overcome   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Same Psy scale offered across the states.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview was a phone discussion with HR.
2nd interview was a phone discussion with the hiring manager.
Then it is followed by an IQ/Intelligence and Personality Test from a company called as Caliper Corp. I was expecting it a personality test but it had a lot of IQ questions.
Then, I NEVER received an email or phone call or message from them. Not certain what that was all about. When asked, there was another (4th) interview that was scheduled with another project manager.
Then, without any feedback they said to pass on this position. Guess what, they did not even wish to disclose reasons for passing on.
I think after 2-3 weeks of engagement, I did expect some feedback. It looks like I wasted time interviewing.

Interview Question – All questions were either technical or related to resume. No prep needed   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in May 2010.

Interview Details – Ego behavior champion questions...king of the hill...brass ball type stuff.

Interview Question – what are you most proud of?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – dry and not good.

Sales Interview

Sales
Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in March 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was rigorous but prepared me for the job. Everybody I met with was personable and knowledgeable. The company takes hiring very seriously. There were a few online assessments that were very interesting. I understood the role and what is required to be successful.

Interview Question – Why do you think some people struggle in this role?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Southfield, MI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Acceptance in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview questions are behavioural based interview questions.
 How did you handle a difficult situation with a coworker?
 Did you solve the situation or have to involve management?

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay has little room for negotiation; couple dollar wiggle room for hourly rate, but bonus is individual, so solely performance based.

Worked for Credit Acceptance? Contribute to the Community!