Credit Acceptance

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

3.2

BI Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Acceptance.

You go through a series of interviews and tests. You first do a phone interview with HR, and then a phone interview with hiring team and then a final interview in person onsite with the team.

You also have to take an intelligence/psychological test. Also, before the onsite interview, you take another skills test (Basic SAS and Excel questions).

The onsite interview is not too bad...but you do need to give a presentation to the hiring team.

Interview Questions
    • The intelligence/psychological test had some difficult logic questions on it.   Answer Question

Market Area Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Acceptance.

Typical phone interview with recruiter, phone with manager, face to face with manager. Online assessment. The most interesting part, is reading the response from Sept from "anonymous in Los Angeles" Their description is 99% accurate of what happened to me in Michigan and how I was told the same thing, "i'm the one, rest is formality" only difference is the vp acted "normal" to me.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your self in 5 yrs? Really?? In my opinion, sophomoric.   View Answer

Recovery Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in November 2014.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter. The phone interview was completed that same day. The on-site interview was scheduled for the next day. Computerized assessment of attitudes and data entry skills (fairly easy). Then a behavioral interview where you give S.T.A.R responses. Lastly, you had to role-play a two or three collection calls.

Collector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Acceptance.

This was one of the best jobs I've ever had, given the opportunity I would love to go back. I have learned a lot and I was given may opportunities to, to excel the company is fun and there is not one dull moment

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Acceptance in March 2014.

Was recommended for the position by an employee, interviewed with the Recruiter and Area Manager by phone. Interviewed face to face with Area Manager who told me I had the job but I would need to interview with the VP as a formality. The interview was the VP, Area Mgr and some other guy. The Area Manager even sent me the map to show me my territory and said he had the authority to make the hiring decision and wanted me on his team.

Interview Questions
    • He wanted me to sell me their program with no training on their program. He just kept snapping at me.   View Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst-analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source – interviewed at Credit Acceptance in March 2014.

The hiring manager asked a few technical questions through phone interview, and the next week HR sent over the Caliper Assessment. About four weeks later, HR sent a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real difficult or unexpected questions, but I think I should have better prepared for it.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in October 2013.

The Human Resources department was very friendly and welcoming. The waiting area had photos of employees partaking in various activities together outside of work, like a chili cook off, Halloween party and volunteering. It displayed that the company valued its workers and that strong relationships were an important part to making it an enjoyable work environment.

Two men interviewed me for the credit analyst position. It was a little intimidating the interviewers were not very personable and just read the questions and wrote my responses with little interaction. After the interview I had to do a typing test. I never received a call from Credit Acceptance about my status in the interview, but since it has been about 4 months I take it that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • I had to do a role play where I was speaking with a disgruntle customer who was trying to get me to do something that was against company policy. It was difficult because I did not have any experience in this particular field or knowledge of the policies and procedures.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in May 2013.

I was called by a gentleman who identified himself as the recruiter for C.A. He told me he would call me at a scheduled time to interview me for the job. The process took twenty minutes and the questions were fairly generic. I felt that the interview and result was predetermined. There was no real interest in me or my qualifications.I
    Was asked one question about how I would find new business for the company. The response was....really strange as the interview was boring. The questions were boring and the recruiter was boring. There was no excitement about the company or the job.
    When I asked questions about the company,I did receive straight forward answers but when I asked about how many women were involved in the management of the company, the recruiter got very defensive.
    I was not impressed and obviously the recruiter wasn't impressed with me as I did not get another interview.....just a thank you letter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about obtaining more clients for the business?   Answer Question

Market Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Acceptance.

Multi Interviews

Interview Questions
    Same Psy scale offered across the states.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Acceptance in January 2013.

1st interview was a phone discussion with HR.
    2nd interview was a phone discussion with the hiring manager.
    Then it is followed by an IQ/Intelligence and Personality Test from a company called as Caliper Corp. I was expecting it a personality test but it had a lot of IQ questions.
    Then, I NEVER received an email or phone call or message from them. Not certain what that was all about. When asked, there was another (4th) interview that was scheduled with another project manager.
    Then, without any feedback they said to pass on this position. Guess what, they did not even wish to disclose reasons for passing on.
    I think after 2-3 weeks of engagement, I did expect some feedback. It looks like I wasted time interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were either technical or related to resume. No prep needed   Answer Question