Credit Builders Alliance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Relationship Associate Interview

Relationship Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Builders Alliance in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted in June after submitting my resume through the school's online job recruiting system. I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview for a Knowledge Sharing Associate position. The phone interview went well; during it she particularly focused on my work on a community-based lending project in Pittsburgh. I was later contacted by her superior, who said that they thought they thought that the Relationship Associate position would be more appropriate for me. While she was looking over my resume, she noticed that I had put "New York" as one of the locations where I had worked. I had just updated my resume and New York was on the template and so I told her that the information was incorrect and it should have read "Pittsburgh." I apologized profusely for the careless mistake. I never heard from them again. A month later, when I emailed to inquire about my job prospects, I was told that the position was given to someone with more relevant skill set. When I pressed further, I was told. "I would recommend reviewing your resume to ensure all information is accurate. In this position, we need someone with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail." The moral of the story: Double and triple check your resume for accuracy. They will look for any excuse to throw your resume out.

Interview Question – Have you worked with disadvantage communities before?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Relationship Associate Interview

Relationship Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Builders Alliance in July 2011.

Interview Details – This company wants to pretend as though they are a great organization to work for (that they care about their employees), but after what I just went through, I truly question their ethics and morals as an organization. I was offered an interview, and since I am not living in the USA, it would make sense for this interview to be held via Skype. I provided my Skype information, but to no avail. My interviewer was unable to call me, and unable to get onto Skype, (but of course she only let me know this, via email, minutes before the interview was scheduled to occur). So, in order to make the interview possible, I made the long distance call to reach her. This happened twice. During the second interview, she asked me in for a third interview, ( of which, I am sure I would have had to make the long distance call to reach her). However, the only allotted slot was on one specific day, which happened to be a time I was not going to be in the city, so access to my Skype to make the long distance call, was not possible. At which point, I offered to reschedule, and was then emailed in a very impersonal, pre-written email, saying I was not selected to the position. In my experience, I would say that this organization has so many applicants that their candidates are mere numbers to them. Since, I could not make the designate time, I was disqualified.

Interview Question – What is the hardest thing you ever had to deal with?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Credit Builders Alliance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Builders Alliance Relationship Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Credit Builders Alliance employees and interview candidates.