Credit Karma Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.5

Software Engineer In Test Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Karma in September 2014.

Applied online, got contacted by recruiter very quickly and set a phone screen in the next week.

During the phone interview, it is very hard to hear the people talking on the phone. And after I said I cannot hear you clearly, she just hung up the phone.

Reporting Analyst & Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Credit Karma in August 2014.

Applied online. Got a call for Reporting Analyst. HR asked me to do an excel assignment. It was pretty easy if you have done some data analysis . Along with the excel I was asked to write sql query which was pretty simple. I completed the assignment and sent back to HR. Was scheduled for the next round but then no one called. When I followed up I was told that they filled the position last week. It was really unfair and it showed how unorganized they were. If they already hired then why did they even asked me to do the Excel Test.

Few months later I got a call for Business Analyst position. Recruiter scheduled a phone interview. As usual he never called. That was really disappointing because this was second time. Recruiters don't even care to respond to the follow up emails later.

Interview Questions
    • Excel Test - Comparison of loan data between two different months then summarize the findings.
      SQL - Basic sql question related to joins.
        View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Karma in February 2013.

Very formal interview process:
    1) Phone Interview with HR to see if your a good fit
    2) Interview in person with several people to test your skills/knowledge and personality

Decision was given relatively fast (within a week).

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty straight forward, some statistical questions were thrown in but not to difficult   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Karma in April 2014.

Recruiter was quick to contact about an interview. Process was fairly quick and they were accommodating to my schedule as I had other offers. Could have been more organized though

Interview Questions
    • Overall the interview was fairly straightforward - case studies, improvements to their site, why Credit Karma etc.   Answer Question

Everyone was super nice and I liked the culture, but I was completely transparent in what I made at my prior employer and they offered me less than what I made before (which was standard market rate). I had a title boost, higher salary, better perks, and bonus/RSUs from other companies. The offer was below market and it felt like I was taking a step down from prior job. Not a good way to attract top talent.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Credit Karma in May 2014.

I thought it was odd that the recruiter did not provide me with the names of my interviewers. On the day of my interview, I met with the recruiter and was told that I would be in the office for a couple of hours. I had a relatively easy one hour interview with two engineers and then the recruiter came in and told me that the interview was over. I was surprised that they made a hiring decision five minutes after the first round and did not let me complete the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Two string manipulation questions that I had to code on a white board.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Credit Karma in May 2014.

Had an extremely positive experience. Met with 2 engineers, the engineering director and head of HR. All very approachable, informative, and professional. Engineers did some whiteboarding. Then the director came in and talked more org. The HR interview was more about culture and benefits. Some behavioral questions. Gave me a tour, even though they are moving. Wish I got an offer... Seems like a great company.

Interview Questions
    • How did we inspire you to think differently today?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Credit Karma in March 2014.

applied online and got contacted by a HR in the company. then did an Excel spreadsheet skill test, passed and was scheduled to speak on the phone. then in office interview. the people there look nice, legit and dedicated, but the recruiting is truly broken and unprofessional. a couple of HR people were involved in the process, and some of them are extremely arrogant, unprofessional, and rude in correspondences and conversations.

Interview Questions

the recruiting process reflects poorly on the company's culture and professionalism

IT Audit Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Credit Karma.

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter a few weeks ago. Received an invite for onsite interview via email, but the coordinator could not tell me WHO will be interviewing me other than the hiring manager.

During the onsite interview, I met with Director of Operations, CTO, hiring manager, and HR. The CTO was late so I had to wait about 15 minutes. The Director of Ops asked me a lot of question, although he is not the hiring manager. The hiring manager had to go to another meeting, so the interview was cut short.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview ends, I was told somebody will get me. However, I waited about 20 minutes and no one came. I left the interview room and most desks were empty because it was lunch time. I left without speaking with anyone from HR because they were nowhere to be found.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Credit Karma in April 2014.

Possibly one of the most efficient interview processes I've ever encountered. Began with a recruiter reaching out and a phone conversation and a quickly scheduled in person meeting with the VP of Marketing and 2 additional team members along with the Head of HR. The company made no bones about if they like you, they dont need to drag out the interview process. It seems they subscribe to the theory of one in, one out, rather than a compare and contrast and a competitive bake off between two candidates. The best thing about thier process is that you waste little time and so do they. I'd be curious to know however how often they wish they hadnt immediately eliminated a candidate assuming another quality one is around the corner.

Products Leadership Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Karma.

I was contacted by an HR exec with a so called "short assignment" consisting of 10 questions. After writing my responses that added up to 4-pages of single spaced document and taking ~ 2-hours, no response from the company. You would think that a quick thank you note would be have been appropriate, almost expected..

Waited another 9 days, and send a follow-up email. Finally, I received a standard impersonal email with NO explanation saying this was not a match. This is extremely unprofessional given that the company asked me to spend some time of my own.

AVOID -- if you are a top-performer like myself (Top 3 MBA, funded 2 companies, launched 5+ large products)

Interview Questions

Worked for Credit Karma? Contribute to the Community!