Credit Suisse

Updated Nov 4, 2014

3.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2010.

I had three interviews lasting approximately 40 to 45 minutes each. The interview questions were 60/40 as to technical knowledge vs. personality, assessing whether or not they thought you would fit into the environment..

Interview Questions
  • What are the steps you would follow when processing a distribution form a Private Equity Fund   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

The job you apply for make sure you can answer every question like a pro. There generally aren't tests, but usually as many as 20 people interviewing for the same role. Be prepared to ace the interview or you won't get the final round.

I went through a recruiter so I did not have any trouble getting the salary range I was seeking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2009.

I interviewed 9 years ago and it was very straight forward. If you are good and understand the basics and have good analytical skills then you have a good chance of getting through. Be free to work different hours as Credit Suisse is a global organization but the working hours are very flexible. Great people and team to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Depends on the group but be prepared to be asked deep details on topics you already show as experience on in your résumé.   Answer Question
    Credit Suisse has a very strict guideline about the policies on salary and compensation but they are definitely in par with the market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2008.

-there were two 1:1 interviews. one technical then other with project manager who only reviewed my background.

Interview Questions
    don't bulge from your expecting salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2008.

Was called in for a total of 4 interviews. From the beginning I knew that I was dealing with a professional organization. The interviews were a true attempt to learn about me as a candidates and my skills. It was not about grilling me and stress testing me. Overall - a very pleasant experience!

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

The interviews are actually still on - 2 very interesting phone interviews 2-3 weeks ago which i enjoyed very much. The 2nd interview was more of an intelligent discussion where i actually learned something new (like how stack memory is managed in java). Most of the questions were around designing complex scalable systems, multi threading concepts and general designing principles.

But despite 2 delightful interviews, the interviewers didn't have any answers for my questions about role, position and team/product being interviewed for, career growth options, etc saying that they are not the right people to answer this and someone from HR would do that. For the kind of senior position I am being interviewed for, nobody from HR at credit suisse pune or hiring manager has spoken to me yet (in the last 21 days since the interview process started) explaining to me about these things. On top of that, things are simply moving at snail's pace despite HR being aware that I have multiple offers from very good companies for better position than they are offering. Junior HR folks would call just to schedule interviews and I even requested them to have someone senior or hiring manager speak with me. They promised twice they will get back to me but to no avail. On top of that, HR called me today to schedule another interview which is a few days from today and refused to send me a mail or meeting request so that it would show up in my calendar! What use is such a huge HR team at Pune/Mumbai if they do not know how to conduct an interview process for senior folks? I am beginning to feel that I have been wasting my time with them. The interview experience has been frustrating, and insulting, all because of an immature and untrustworthy HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

Joined as a graduate hire in Signapore and then moved internally to Hong Kong

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

I've had two phone interviews before getting called for a full day round of interviews. During that day I have met 5 people, in succession. The interviews lasted anything between 30 minutes to 1h10 at a time. The last interview was with HR in order to work out administrative requirements.
    So, now for the actual interviews:

1. MD, presented the environment, the on-going projects, gave me an overall vision of what the team I was joining is charged with and what it's currently working on. In turn I gave a presentation of my resume along with the reasons why my profile would fit the team. No technical questions, more of an overall general idea of how I interact with people, how I market myself. Evaluated only soft skills.

2. D, presented in more detail the what is the team currently working on. Asked me how I reacted in different situations drawn from my resume, how I interacted with the different departments. Slightly more technical questions about my previous experience: why, how, when, etc... Again, evaluated soft skills with a slight accent on technical skills.

3. D from a different team. A slightly more technical interview, asked me how I managed the relationship with the IT department, asked my some SQL-related questions (kind of unrelated to my future role, though...). Evaluated mostly soft skills, apart from those odd questions on SQL...

4. VP, presented again the team and what it does on a daily basis. Had me talk through my resume again and explain the motivation behind every action that I performed. Continued presenting me 'life @ CS', the benefits etc...

So, I've had an overall positive impression, all interviews were oriented towards checking my soft skills, although the role is in itself relatively technical: you need to understand valuations, risk factors, sensitivities, greeks, exposures etc. I hope I won't be let down by the actual job.

HR is off-sourced to Adecco, so they're not actually CS; maybe that explains the stiffness in negotiation?

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do in the future/where do you see yourself in ... years?   View Answer
    None of the monetary terms are negotiable. Actually, beside the starting date, they won't negotiate anything.

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

Recruiter peddled my CV to employer. Had a couple of phone interviews, as I was based abroad at the time. Nothing fancy, just the bog standard "walk me through your CV and highlight the relevant experience for the role".
    Then was called to London for live interviews, which I had to pay for out of my own pocket. They were all similarly unprepared and we went through the same process as the phone interview, where essentially you get to brag about the past experiences and make them as similar as what they want to hear for the role.
    Basically they started by describing the role, and I was pulling out similar experiences, how I solved this and that similar problem, etc, etc.
    I was interviewed by:
    - my direct manager VP (twice, over the phone)
    - an MD from and adjacent team
    - an VP from our supplying team (IT)
    - an AVP from our supplying team (IT)
    - a DIR from our client team (Product Control - however he wasn't directly representing the client; after a full year spent there I still didn't manage to figure out what the hell he was doing there...)
    - an HR contractor

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult or unexpected questions.
      Maybe the "where do you see yourself in the future" was a bit tricky to act out, because I took this job as a stepping stone in London, so I had to act interested in the useless projects tey were trying to drag me in.
        Answer Question
    Non negotiable, very strict, take it or leave it.
    Plus, I wasn't in a strong position to negotiate, anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2010.

Once you receive a call from HR, we will called for one telephonic round and then you will called one face to face round with Technical team and manager team. Once everything completes, We will be asked to continue HR round. Overall Its a good experience

Interview Questions
    Once we complete all rounds of interview, we will receive call from HR, they will first try to gather higher range of our ask, be firm on Market ask and your abilities, Credit Suisse a good pay master