Credit Suisse Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Networking is the key to landing an interview and completing informational interviews can help you get there. Your visibility among current employees and the number of people who can remember you from a positive interaction will go a long way.

Interview Questions

• Associate level interview questions are mostly technically oriented and try to measure your ability to think analytically about the basic modeling and valuation concepts. Be prepared to cover all basics and dig deeply into any answer you provide.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is standard for fresh grads. Negotiations mostly don't occur.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

This was through a MBA campus recruiting. I submitted my cv and I was invited to interview. I was flown from Ann Arbor to New York. It was on a Saturday. The morning started with a company introduction and the private banking industry, then later a case study. There was a quick presentation, and then a lunch and networking session. Interview was in the afternoon. The interview was not technical, but rather more personality base.

Interview Questions

• "You don't have banking experience. How will you contribute to Credit Suisse?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Relatively standard, asked behavioral questions, and some basic skills question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you made a decision at work that you regret?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Nothing big..Details Hiring was through campus recruitment program. First step is shortlisting based on resume, anybody with intern in finance, CFA, good acads (read 8.5 above) were shortlisted. Second process was group discussion on general current topics. Emphasis is on involvement in the group and listening to others. Followed by GD, there were 2 to 3 rounds of interviews. First round was about getting to know about candidate, why finance kinda questions, checking basic knowledge on finance. Mostly they were interested in knowing your personality and its suitability for position offered. Second round was more of HR interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Participated via the campus recruiting process. First interview with associates and vice presidents on campus, mainly general fit questions, couple of brain teasers. Second interview in Credit SUisse's offices, interviewing with specific teams. All levels interviewed from Associate to MD. Very detailed questions, have been drilled on past experience a lot. I really liked that everybody was very specific and they did not tried to hire me for a generic position.

Interview Questions

• It was related to an accounting treatment of a convertible hybrid transaction, very deal and country specific question   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2010.

Interview

One of the most complete interviews I've had, great people, really made it more of a conversation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, it was a very basic, MBA package.