Credit Suisse Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2014

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Networking is the key to landing an interview and completing informational interviews can help you get there. Your visibility among current employees and the number of people who can remember you from a positive interaction will go a long way.

Interview Questions
  • Associate level interview questions are mostly technically oriented and try to measure your ability to think analytically about the basic modeling and valuation concepts. Be prepared to cover all basics and dig deeply into any answer you provide.   Answer Question
Salary is standard for fresh grads. Negotiations mostly don't occur.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2012.

This was through a MBA campus recruiting. I submitted my cv and I was invited to interview. I was flown from Ann Arbor to New York. It was on a Saturday. The morning started with a company introduction and the private banking industry, then later a case study. There was a quick presentation, and then a lunch and networking session. Interview was in the afternoon. The interview was not technical, but rather more personality base.

Interview Questions
    • "You don't have banking experience. How will you contribute to Credit Suisse?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2012.

Relatively standard, asked behavioral questions, and some basic skills question.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time that you made a decision at work that you regret?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Participated via the campus recruiting process. First interview with associates and vice presidents on campus, mainly general fit questions, couple of brain teasers. Second interview in Credit SUisse's offices, interviewing with specific teams. All levels interviewed from Associate to MD. Very detailed questions, have been drilled on past experience a lot. I really liked that everybody was very specific and they did not tried to hire me for a generic position.

Interview Questions
    • It was related to an accounting treatment of a convertible hybrid transaction, very deal and country specific question   Answer Question

Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2010.

One of the most complete interviews I've had, great people, really made it more of a conversation

Interview Questions
    Not really, it was a very basic, MBA package.

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!