Credit Suisse Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by 3-4 first round interviews with Analysts, Associates, Ops/Compliance, and Managing Director of office. Depending of if you are being hired to ultimately go into a business development role/Associate role, or you are hired to do pure analytics, client-facing, admin work. You will be interviewed the same as a Relationship Associate (admin focused), Ops/Compliance (back office), or Associate (business development).

Interview Questions

• Why Credit Suisse? Why Private Banking? What are your 5-10 year goals? Tell me about a time you worked in a team. What do you think about the current market environment? What is your experience with high-pressure, time-sensitive situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Leveraged past experience. Analysts get paid $50-70k base, depending on experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

On-campus interview followed by 3-4 interviews on-site (travel paid for by CS)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave you 2 weeks to decide on yes or no

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly simple, resume based questions, nothing too analytical. You need good communication skills and a good personality to crack this interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

There were three half hour 1:1 interviews. Everyone I met was incredibly nice and open. They encouraged me to talk about myself and previous experience, and walked me through problems. The problems were of mild difficulty. At the end of the process, we had a group challenge. There were two teams, each had about 5 people. We had to bring a bridge that had to meet specific requirements out of duct tape and newspaper. It was a very fun experience. And there was a ton of wining and dining. The company culture is great though I think they could raise the bar on the candidates they accept.

Interview Questions

I had a great summer as an intern but ultimately decided to decline a full time offer. The pay was not competitive. And the level of people that they hired could've been much higher had they set that bar so I really wasn't being challenged enough by my peers.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Wayne, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

This is just ongoing process and yet to finsh. There are much more process to go and will take a long time. It is just eh start.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online through their careers web page. Was contacted by HR via e-mail to setup interview. No pre-screening or phone interview involved. Met with 4 different individuals separately in a conference room where the interview took place.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

First interview was with a manager and then with two SBAs. It was a long interview (around two hours). Manager was ok but SBAs were really unprofessional. Eating lunch during the interview process which distracted me couple of times and both were unfriendly. One of them had serious ego issues. It was like they didn't want me there.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Initially received a screen phone call with HR manager to determine if my expertise matched what they were seeking. Next interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager who then determined if a face-to-face interview was needed. After talking with hiring manager for about 20 minutes a decision was made to have me come in for a face-to-face interview. On the day of the face-to-face interview I initially met with a group of individuals whom I would be working with. This portion of the interview (about 30 minutes) was helpful because it gave me a chance to see if there was a match in personality as well as gave me insight into a typical work day. After the group meeting I met with the hiring manager for about 15 minutes.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

A CV shortlist, followed by a group discussion and personal interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Poor HR process. Called me 2 weeks after application for a few minutes 'chat' but turns out to be an interview. I then stopped her and asked to rearrange the interview (as I had forgotten what the role was looking for. She replied that thats fine shall rearrange for Friday. Then 20 minutues after call I recevied an e-mail saying that my application is rejected. How unprofessional!