Credit Suisse

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was with a manager and then with two SBAs. It was a long interview (around two hours). Manager was ok but SBAs were really unprofessional. Eating lunch during the interview process which distracted me couple of times and both were unfriendly. One of them had serious ego issues. It was like they didn't want me there.

Interview Question – How would you map a process in LIQ?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – On-campus interview followed by 3-4 interviews on-site (travel paid for by CS)

Interview Question – Why are you here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave you 2 weeks to decide on yes or no

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were one on one.I had four personal interviews, the people seemed to be nice.The work culture is not all that great

Interview Question – Why not consulting   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online through their careers web page. Was contacted by HR via e-mail to setup interview. No pre-screening or phone interview involved. Met with 4 different individuals separately in a conference room where the interview took place.

Interview Questions

Business Analyst

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2007.

Interview Details – Steps:
1.) Submitted resume online on the company intranet.
2.) Was contacted by human resources to set-up an interview the with job hiring manager.
3.) Interview set-up with hiring manager.
4.) Interviewed with hiring manager.
5.) Waited to hear from human resources on hiring manager decision.
6.) Received job offer from human resources.
7.) Accepted job offer and position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with an obstacle you didn't think you could overcome...   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2011.

Interview Details – Walk me through your resume. Give me your global macro. Explain the 2008 debt crisis. Why you? Why Credit Suisse? Tell me about a time when you acted as a leader.

Interview Question – What is duration?   View Answer

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2011.

Interview Details – A general group discussion which was proceeded by selective elimination into two panels of interview vaguely HR and Technical respectively

Interview Question – Is depreciation as asset or liability?   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initially received a screen phone call with HR manager to determine if my expertise matched what they were seeking. Next interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager who then determined if a face-to-face interview was needed. After talking with hiring manager for about 20 minutes a decision was made to have me come in for a face-to-face interview. On the day of the face-to-face interview I initially met with a group of individuals whom I would be working with. This portion of the interview (about 30 minutes) was helpful because it gave me a chance to see if there was a match in personality as well as gave me insight into a typical work day. After the group meeting I met with the hiring manager for about 15 minutes.

Wayne, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

Interview Details – This is just ongoing process and yet to finsh. There are much more process to go and will take a long time. It is just eh start.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Pune (India)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I got a call from some consulting agency which then passed on my resume to CS. The CS HR was very much adamant on getting my notice period reduced (a usual 2 month notice period). The funny thing was that they took 2 months to finish the whole interview process !! If they are really pressed for time what is the problem in wrapping up the interviews in a couple of weeks.

Anyway after a customary telephonic round I was called to their Hinjewadi office for a face to face round.Although I had a fixed appointment for 6.30 pm , I was made to wait for 1 hour ! The more disappointing fact was the quality of the interview. Keeping in mind the stature of CS,I expected at least some challenging questions from the panel, but they asked the easiest questions possible !(for example. for a credit risk profile , they asked the difference between credit risk and market risk, what is a derivative? - ae u kiddin me? where is the real stuff?) .

I tried discussing the proflie in detail but to my horror the guys (to be bosses or colleagues) didn't have much information to give.None of my queries were answered satisfactorily.

So after the easy yet unbereable round with the respected panel I was sent to meet their department head.He seemed to be a knowledgeable person , but he tried to sell something that seemed like an initiative that focused more on cost-saving rather than doing quality work.I was disappointed to know the level of engagement of their offshore centre and it appeared that they are just bodyshopping people to do menial work , so that they can bill their clients!

Interview Question – What is VaR   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There were many reasons to decline this offer:
1) I wouldn't want to sign up to do donkey-work.
2) I wouldn't want to work with people who don't know what they are doing of hiring for!
3) If their interview process is so easy, how many sub-standard applicants would they have hired till now. I shudder at this thought.
4) Last but not the least the salary they offered was laughable. Although they boasted of a 'great profile' and expected me to work late ,they were not able to offer attractive renumeration. That is another proof that the profile is not as good as they boast! Otherwise they would offer better.

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!