Credit Suisse

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was with a manager and then with two SBAs. It was a long interview (around two hours). Manager was ok but SBAs were really unprofessional. Eating lunch during the interview process which distracted me couple of times and both were unfriendly. One of them had serious ego issues. It was like they didn't want me there.

Interview Question – How would you map a process in LIQ?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – On-campus interview followed by 3-4 interviews on-site (travel paid for by CS)

Interview Question – Why are you here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave you 2 weeks to decide on yes or no

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were one on one.I had four personal interviews, the people seemed to be nice.The work culture is not all that great

Interview Question – Why not consulting   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2011.

Interview Details – A general group discussion which was proceeded by selective elimination into two panels of interview vaguely HR and Technical respectively

Interview Question – Is depreciation as asset or liability?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2011.

Interview Details – Walk me through your resume. Give me your global macro. Explain the 2008 debt crisis. Why you? Why Credit Suisse? Tell me about a time when you acted as a leader.

Interview Question – What is duration?   View Answer

Business Analyst

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2007.

Interview Details – Steps:
1.) Submitted resume online on the company intranet.
2.) Was contacted by human resources to set-up an interview the with job hiring manager.
3.) Interview set-up with hiring manager.
4.) Interviewed with hiring manager.
5.) Waited to hear from human resources on hiring manager decision.
6.) Received job offer from human resources.
7.) Accepted job offer and position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with an obstacle you didn't think you could overcome...   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online through their careers web page. Was contacted by HR via e-mail to setup interview. No pre-screening or phone interview involved. Met with 4 different individuals separately in a conference room where the interview took place.

Interview Questions

Wayne, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

Interview Details – This is just ongoing process and yet to finsh. There are much more process to go and will take a long time. It is just eh start.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initially received a screen phone call with HR manager to determine if my expertise matched what they were seeking. Next interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager who then determined if a face-to-face interview was needed. After talking with hiring manager for about 20 minutes a decision was made to have me come in for a face-to-face interview. On the day of the face-to-face interview I initially met with a group of individuals whom I would be working with. This portion of the interview (about 30 minutes) was helpful because it gave me a chance to see if there was a match in personality as well as gave me insight into a typical work day. After the group meeting I met with the hiring manager for about 15 minutes.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2011.

Interview Details – There were three half hour 1:1 interviews. Everyone I met was incredibly nice and open. They encouraged me to talk about myself and previous experience, and walked me through problems. The problems were of mild difficulty. At the end of the process, we had a group challenge. There were two teams, each had about 5 people. We had to bring a bridge that had to meet specific requirements out of duct tape and newspaper. It was a very fun experience. And there was a ton of wining and dining. The company culture is great though I think they could raise the bar on the candidates they accept.

Interview Question – What is a pivot table?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a great summer as an intern but ultimately decided to decline a full time offer. The pay was not competitive. And the level of people that they hired could've been much higher had they set that bar so I really wasn't being challenged enough by my peers.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.