Credit Suisse

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of telephonic interview were held (Reporting Managers, Peer Managers, Director)
Each round lasted for an hour
Lot of questions asked related to previous experience, domain knowledge, project management
Attitude was determined based on the responses to scenario questions
Interviewers were highly experienced, knowledgeable and professional in their approach
Discussion set very high expectation on the job
High expectation was set on the growth and opportunities

Interview Question – Scenario questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation as no HR was involved. I got an offer from a vendor and they said no negotiation entertained. Wrong information on the performance review process was made by the vendor. But when joined there was no performance review through out my stay

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were one on one.I had four personal interviews, the people seemed to be nice.The work culture is not all that great

Interview Question – Why not consulting   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pune (India)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I got a call from some consulting agency which then passed on my resume to CS. The CS HR was very much adamant on getting my notice period reduced (a usual 2 month notice period). The funny thing was that they took 2 months to finish the whole interview process !! If they are really pressed for time what is the problem in wrapping up the interviews in a couple of weeks.

Anyway after a customary telephonic round I was called to their Hinjewadi office for a face to face round.Although I had a fixed appointment for 6.30 pm , I was made to wait for 1 hour ! The more disappointing fact was the quality of the interview. Keeping in mind the stature of CS,I expected at least some challenging questions from the panel, but they asked the easiest questions possible !(for example. for a credit risk profile , they asked the difference between credit risk and market risk, what is a derivative? - ae u kiddin me? where is the real stuff?) .

I tried discussing the proflie in detail but to my horror the guys (to be bosses or colleagues) didn't have much information to give.None of my queries were answered satisfactorily.

So after the easy yet unbereable round with the respected panel I was sent to meet their department head.He seemed to be a knowledgeable person , but he tried to sell something that seemed like an initiative that focused more on cost-saving rather than doing quality work.I was disappointed to know the level of engagement of their offshore centre and it appeared that they are just bodyshopping people to do menial work , so that they can bill their clients!

Interview Question – What is VaR   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There were many reasons to decline this offer:
1) I wouldn't want to sign up to do donkey-work.
2) I wouldn't want to work with people who don't know what they are doing of hiring for!
3) If their interview process is so easy, how many sub-standard applicants would they have hired till now. I shudder at this thought.
4) Last but not the least the salary they offered was laughable. Although they boasted of a 'great profile' and expected me to work late ,they were not able to offer attractive renumeration. That is another proof that the profile is not as good as they boast! Otherwise they would offer better.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2011.

Interview Details – A general group discussion which was proceeded by selective elimination into two panels of interview vaguely HR and Technical respectively

Interview Question – Is depreciation as asset or liability?   View Answer

Business Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2011.

Interview Details – Walk me through your resume. Give me your global macro. Explain the 2008 debt crisis. Why you? Why Credit Suisse? Tell me about a time when you acted as a leader.

Interview Question – What is duration?   View Answer

Business Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2008.

Interview Details – 1. online personality test (how would you react in certain situations)
2. 30-45 min phone interview, just checking whether you're still interested, what kind of person you are, what kind of job you'll be talking about etc.
3. multi modal interview (mmi): 30 min (performance/iq test – very easy), 60-90 minutes question answer with hr and line manager to see how you react in certain situations, how you would solve problems etc. – quite easy
4. sometime you'll have the chance to talk to some normal employees and ask them questions or they'll ask you questions to see if you fit into the team

Interview Questions

• Interview was in German – sudden switch to English in interview process   View Answer
  • What's the most efficient way to capture all requirements in a short time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – as it was a career start (directly from university) everything incl. salary is fixed. after career start you get into a higher band (1-6, you'll get 2) – and there you have to see that they max your salary (they can so up to 15% and will if you say so)

Business Analyst

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2007.

Interview Details – Steps:
1.) Submitted resume online on the company intranet.
2.) Was contacted by human resources to set-up an interview the with job hiring manager.
3.) Interview set-up with hiring manager.
4.) Interviewed with hiring manager.
5.) Waited to hear from human resources on hiring manager decision.
6.) Received job offer from human resources.
7.) Accepted job offer and position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with an obstacle you didn't think you could overcome...   Answer Question