Credit Suisse Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Poor HR process. Called me 2 weeks after application for a few minutes 'chat' but turns out to be an interview. I then stopped her and asked to rearrange the interview (as I had forgotten what the role was looking for. She replied that thats fine shall rearrange for Friday. Then 20 minutues after call I recevied an e-mail saying that my application is rejected. How unprofessional!

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interview were held (Reporting Managers, Peer Managers, Director) Each round lasted for an hour Lot of questions asked related to previous experience, domain knowledge, project management Attitude was determined based on the responses to scenario questions Interviewers were highly experienced, knowledgeable and professional in their approach Discussion set very high expectation on the job High expectation was set on the growth and opportunities

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation as no HR was involved. I got an offer from a vendor and they said no negotiation entertained. Wrong information on the performance review process was made by the vendor. But when joined there was no performance review through out my stay

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Pune (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially I got a call from some consulting agency which then passed on my resume to CS. The CS HR was very much adamant on getting my notice period reduced (a usual 2 month notice period). The funny thing was that they took 2 months to finish the whole interview process !! If they are really pressed for time what is the problem in wrapping up the interviews in a couple of weeks. Anyway after a customary telephonic round I was called to their Hinjewadi office for a face to face round.Although I had a fixed appointment for 6.30 pm , I was made to wait for 1 hour ! The more disappointing fact was the quality of the interview. Keeping in mind the stature of CS,I expected at least some challenging questions from the panel, but they asked the easiest questions possible !(for example. for a credit risk profile , they asked the difference between credit risk and market risk, what is a derivative? - ae u kiddin me? where is the real stuff?) . I tried discussing the proflie in detail but to my horror the guys (to be bosses or colleagues) didn't have much information to give.None of my queries were answered satisfactorily. So after the easy yet unbereable round with the respected panel I was sent to meet their department head.He seemed to be a knowledgeable person , but he tried to sell something that seemed like an initiative that focused more on cost-saving rather than doing quality work.I was disappointed to know the level of engagement of their offshore centre and it appeared that they are just bodyshopping people to do menial work , so that they can bill their clients!

Interview Questions

There were many reasons to decline this offer: 1) I wouldn't want to sign up to do donkey-work. 2) I wouldn't want to work with people who don't know what they are doing of hiring for! 3) If their interview process is so easy, how many sub-standard applicants would they have hired till now. I shudder at this thought. 4) Last but not the least the salary they offered was laughable. Although they boasted of a 'great profile' and expected me to work late ,they were not able to offer attractive renumeration. That is another proof that the profile is not as good as they boast! Otherwise they would offer better.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Mumbai (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviews were one on one.I had four personal interviews, the people seemed to be nice.The work culture is not all that great

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Mumbai (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

A general group discussion which was proceeded by selective elimination into two panels of interview vaguely HR and Technical respectively

Interview Questions

• Is depreciation as asset or liability?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2011.

Interview

Walk me through your resume. Give me your global macro. Explain the 2008 debt crisis. Why you? Why Credit Suisse? Tell me about a time when you acted as a leader.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in October 2008.

Interview

The phone interview was in the standard "big company" format, followed by a "personality" test to see if align with the core values. Second interview was with future line manager and with the HR person from the phone interview. Third was with the line manager's superior, followed by interview with future team members. All went pretty well, except that the HR person turned out incompetent in terms of dealing with permit clarifications and tried to put the blame on me. That person is no longer with the comany as the same mistakes were repeated with the next new hire and the HR person tried to again blame the new employee and accuse of lying...

Interview Questions

• all standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer was attractive, no negotiation followed

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2008.

Interview

1. online personality test (how would you react in certain situations) 2. 30-45 min phone interview, just checking whether you're still interested, what kind of person you are, what kind of job you'll be talking about etc. 3. multi modal interview (mmi): 30 min (performance/iq test – very easy), 60-90 minutes question answer with hr and line manager to see how you react in certain situations, how you would solve problems etc. – quite easy 4. sometime you'll have the chance to talk to some normal employees and ask them questions or they'll ask you questions to see if you fit into the team

Interview Questions

• Interview was in German – sudden switch to English in interview process   1 Answer
    • What's the most efficient way to capture all requirements in a short time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

as it was a career start (directly from university) everything incl. salary is fixed. after career start you get into a higher band (1-6, you'll get 2) – and there you have to see that they max your salary (they can so up to 15% and will if you say so)

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2007.

Interview

Steps: 1.) Submitted resume online on the company intranet. 2.) Was contacted by human resources to set-up an interview the with job hiring manager. 3.) Interview set-up with hiring manager. 4.) Interviewed with hiring manager. 5.) Waited to hear from human resources on hiring manager decision. 6.) Received job offer from human resources. 7.) Accepted job offer and position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with an obstacle you didn't think you could overcome...   Answer Question