Credit Suisse Director Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

Contact made via a Head Hunter. First interview was with the hiring technology manager. In his office, cordial, warm and intelligent. Second interview was set for a different day with an MD from the business and a Director from the business. 3rd Round included another technology Director, the Global Head of the Business and the global head of equity technology (at the time). The biz guy gave a sales pitch and tried to sell what they were doing more than ask me questions. The IT head asked about experience and "what-if: scenarios. He was most anxious to understand how I would manage the relationship with the business.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to come in as a VP and then go through the internal promotion process   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was fair. A buy-out on diferred comp from prev employer and a first year guarantee.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Very thorough interview for the director position. Included multiple interviews with various MD and Directors. Also had to go through various tests, including an assessment center full day interview which included an IQ, personality and skills tests. Additionally, the interview included some live role playing and negotiations with two reviewers who did the role playing and observations. Additionally, had to go through the usual background and drug test. Very thorough, but fair tests.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have had to manage with someone in your team?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Could negotiate some of the compensation and relocation package. They have some flex on the standard packages.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2010.

Interview

Preference is for internal candidates and then external hiring will commence. Candidates will be selected from list of applicants. Job interviews will be done for the first round and then there are few more round of interviews for the selection. Most of the interviews are oral and there is no written exam.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary increase.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in April 2009.

Interview

Met HR and ex-colleague for exploratory i-view Positives: met with line manager 1:1 late in the evening, very accomodative Met HR twice Due to meet head of trading at lunch, he didn't bother to show up and HR didn't bother to cancel HR apologised After this - no communication whatsoever about next steps

Interview Questions

• about current compensation and last 2 bonuses - "give me a figure"   1 Answer