1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IB Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2011.

Went to interview, along with 2 other candidates, to do a round robin with 3 directors. Interviews went really well. Questions mostly focused on personality and past experience, but they didn't hesitate to pry deeper on anything you said relating to courses, etc.

Was fairly confident in receiving an offer, however CS never reached back. I followed up, phone, email, and nothing. Apparently they went on a "hiring freeze" while new layoffs were going on, however I was really disappointed with the lack of professionalism to at least respond to my inquiries about the status of the position -- being that I was a final candidate.

Interview Questions
  • None in particular -- just be prepared to back up anything you say with articulate, substantial thoughts. After walking through your resume they would target skills you claimed to have, and make you demonstrate it, such as valuation skills.   Answer Question