Credit Suisse IT Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.9

IT Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after having dropped my resume off at a career fair a couple of months before. The recruiter quickly set up a first round phone interview for the next day. This consisted of a mix between personality and programming-specific questions and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was then notified the same day that I was being invited to a face-to-face interview, which was scheduled for the very next day. The face-to-face interview consisted of similar questions as the phone interview. It consisted of three 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about Java lists.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied software developer position through my university's career website, after 2-3 weeks, I took a telephone interview.
    It's a Behavioral/Technical interview. Focus on some simple concepts of programming related with your resume. They are interested in your data structure and algorithm skills. It's just first-round. Not difficult. But I screwed up...

Interview Questions

• What's the advantages of Object Oriented Programming. What is binary tree? What is merge sort?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

campus recruiting, first round interview, super day

Recruiting officer was super helpful, and an amazing at her job! She truly cares about helping you get a position!

first round 1v1

final round 3 1v1

Interview Questions

• difference between two different programming languages   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Received a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview itself lasted about 15 minutes and was very relaxed. Was then contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Interviewed with hiring manager and team leader. Both were very relaxed and it felt like a conversation rather than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about problem solving where they want specific examples. Most unexpected was probably "when was a time you had to work hard to achieve something you believed in."   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer a standard starting salary to everyone and it was higher than I expected, so I did not try to negotiate.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

First round is phone interview with behavior questions. Second round which was the final round where I met three interviewers with some behavior/ simple technical questions. Both rounds are virtual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Java garbage collection/jar and some other algorithm questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Their interview process through a university requires students to apply online, submitting a cover letter and resume, then students are selected to have an on-campus interview. If that goes well, students are invited to an on-site meet and greet to learn more about the divisions of the internships. After this process, students must go to a super day, where they are required to go through four interviews. After the super day, internship positions are determined and told to the interviewees.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I first got an offer to interview at my school's office of career services. I interviewed with the one of the IT managers and a week later I was contacted and invited to the IT family expo where you basically network with people who work within the department to give you a better idea of what type of job you want to do. After the expo my second interview was scheduled the following week that lasted from 11:30am to 3:30pm. During the process we were given a presentation on the company and had lunch with the managers. Afterwards from 1-3 we performed three 30 minute interviews. The questions were much more personal than technical in my opinion. The interviewers varied as some were much more easy going than others. They contacted me a week after the interview and told me they would not go through with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about creating a class for a chicken?   Answer Question
    • Does java support multiple inheritance?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening. Then they called for an onsite interview which was basically some basic HR questions and stress test.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process wasnt too complicated. The interview process includes 2 parts. The 1st part is about Credit Suisse. You get an Introduction about the company and what your duties will be. The 2nd part is the Interview - all the questions are about yourself and your past; how you solved problems, how you approached solutions, and what are your experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know what you want.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online for an internship through a website offered by my university. They contacted me shortly after for an interview. I interviewed with one interviewer the very next week as did hundreds of other students. The interviewer asked me questions about my interest in the open position, my knowledge and skills, and a few questions about myself. The interviewer also wanted to know my opinion on teamwork. The people seemed to be nice. However, it is a highly competitive company to get a job or internship with. They informed most students in a little over a week on whether or not we had received an offer for an internship with their company.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently being offered another job or negotiations with another company for a job?   1 Answer