Credit Suisse

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – Was fast-tract by an employee met at a career fair.
One competency-based telephone interview : walk me through your resume & demonstrate key competencies with examples + commercial awareness (most important macro event in europe in 2013, do you follow financial markets) + standard motivation questions( why ib, why cs...).
Nothing impossible if correctly prepared

Interview Question – What would you do if you were the PM ?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2012.

Interview Details – Three stages of interview:
1. Phone Interview
Basic HR interview with all the basic questions covering the projects and extracurricular activities you have done in school. Phone interview is tricky when the sound quality is bad, so it is important to have it in a quiet place.

2. Group Assessment
Given a mini-task to complete in less than an hour. There will always be the one over-enthusiastic candidate who doesn't give others the opportunities to speak out, but stay sane , be a good team player and focus on task completion.

3. One-to-one Interview
Was told that there would be two interviewers, but only one turned up in the end. It's almost like a repeat of phone interview, except the interviewer seems to want to discover more about our interests (probably because they are going to decided based on that which team to assign us to)

Overall, the interviewers were very friendly, the entire recruitment process was done professionally and outcomes were communicated in timely manner.

Interview Question – I was joking about a recent incident of public transport breakdown and how an app I developed would help alleviate that. The interviewer picked up from the joke and asked what I would have done if I were the owner of the public transport.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – Met with the HR first, basic interview questions about your resume. She was interested in my profile and that led to an interview with a Junior Relationship Manager. It was really casual and discussed about my profile and my resume.

Interview Question – Nothing really, just be yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as it was an intern position.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2012.

Interview Details – 4 interviews on two separate days. All standard competency questions and a couple industry.

Interview Question – None unexpected   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2011.

Interview Details – There are 4 interview rounds. each has its own style depends on interview. so find out

Interview Question – Describing an experience you had even when it is long ago   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2011.

Interview Details – Following the spring internship, a number of us were invited back to be interviewed for the Summer Internship programme at CS. This consisted of three 1:1 interviews from different departments, meaning you could get an offer from anyone of the three interviewers.

Interview Question – A lot of focus on competency, especially the importance of communication.   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for a 1:1 interview at the Credit Suisse office in Singapore after a relatively straight forward phone interview which consisted of a run through of my resume. The face to face interview had standard HR questions and also a discussion on my career goals.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2011.

Interview Details – First round was the group assessment. We were divided into groups of 6, and in our group, we have to discuss a topic given. At the end of the discussion, we will present our points to the interviewers

Interview Question – What did u do when your project mates turned down your idea?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2011.

Interview Details – There was a pre-interview reception at a nice restaurant in the area. There, recruiters from across the world came and spoke to us about the various opportunities Credit Suisse offers to its employees in various fields. I was generally impressed with the professionalism of the company. The interview was the next day and consisted of a 1:1 discussion with an HR representative. Some questions included "Who is the founder of Credit Suisse?" and "Give one example of a situation where you were in a leadership role." They responded fairly quickly, but I did not get the internship. The IT field is very competitive so that was quite understandable. Overall it was a good experience, just wish I was able to land the job!

Interview Questions

Intern
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2010.

Interview Details – First there is a english, IQ and general knowledge test at the computer. If you pass those tests you´re called for an english 1o´1 interview. After that you´re called for an interview with the potential managers that are looking for an intern.

Interview Question – Why you, not the others candidates that came before you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn´t able to negotiate nothing. They just told me the salary and the benefits

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.