Credit Suisse

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Contacted to go up to NYC to the office. First we had this lunch and networking, and then there was a series of interviews. I had three interviews overall, each took about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral/fit questions. Interviewers were nice and I think they did a good job of providing a welcoming and not-too-intense atmosphere so that you felt comfortable before going in to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are six months into your summer internship and I call you into my office, why am I letting you go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2014.

I applied software developer position through my university's career website, after 2-3 weeks, I took a telephone interview.
    It's a Behavioral/Technical interview. Focus on some simple concepts of programming related with your resume. They are interested in your data structure and algorithm skills. It's just first-round. Not difficult. But I screwed up...

Interview Questions
    • What's the advantages of Object Oriented Programming. What is binary tree? What is merge sort?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Had a phone interview with basic HR questions and discuss some topics relating to resume. Then went to their office to do a super interview session which consisted of three thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with object oriented programming. Classes, objects, attributes.   Answer Question
    • Experience with working in a group, conflict resolution, and handing certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

campus recruiting, first round interview, super day

Recruiting officer was super helpful, and an amazing at her job! She truly cares about helping you get a position!

first round 1v1

final round 3 1v1

Interview Questions
    • difference between two different programming languages   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I had 13 interviews on 5 separate days for a VP-level job. Most interviewers were totally unprepared, had no idea who I was or why I was there. One Branch Manager said, "I don't know why we're even looking at someone for that position." Another CEO direct report said, "I have a tie over there on the hook but I didn't think you were important enough to put it on."

Group Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I first had a phone screening with the recruiter then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After a week, I was called to set up a formal interview with two VPs. The formal interview lasted only 30 minutes with one of the VPs. I was supposed to meet with two that day but I was told the 2nd was out for the day (maybe/maybe not).

Interview Questions
    • Basically tell about your yourself (skill set and experiences)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Received a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview itself lasted about 15 minutes and was very relaxed. Was then contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Interviewed with hiring manager and team leader. Both were very relaxed and it felt like a conversation rather than being grilled.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about problem solving where they want specific examples. Most unexpected was probably "when was a time you had to work hard to achieve something you believed in."   View Answer
    They offer a standard starting salary to everyone and it was higher than I expected, so I did not try to negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I got an interview through on-campus recruiting (target school). I was asked to do some mental math and brainteasers, which I breezed through. I was also asked some questions on my resume. It was a pretty standard interview for an S&T summer internship. Unfortunately, I did not get a superday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected, but one problem was dividing a 9-digit number by another 9-digit number and guessing what the answer would be (to the nearest integer).   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background. The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background.

Information Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2014.

My interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes in my Career Development Center but we both started late and finished late. Before the interview, two other representatives were in the waiting room having casual conversations with those of us there. This was definitely relaxing and a good way to learn more about Credit Suisse. The actual interview questions were behavioral, situational, and technical (Java examples). My interviewer was somewhat intimidating, and I could tell when I didn't answer something the way he wanted me to. He also didn't shake my hand after our interview.

Interview Questions
    • Java questions were comparing strings and using switch cases.   Answer Question