Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

Senior Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

phone screening followed by interview. They are very friendly and helpful. Interview is done in 3-5 rounds. Networking is very essential. overall experience is great and don't have anything to complain. benefits are good as well

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

5 hour, 2 skill interview, 1 culture fit, and some show around and talks, no food and drink provided, during the break, they let me out of building to walk outside.

Interview Questions

• JavaScript Skills, WebAPI, RESTFul   1 Answer

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got invitation to a panel interview 2 weeks later. They booked my flight and accommodation. The entire process and all people involved were very professional. They were mostly interested in my personality, background and motivation. The atmosphere was nice and I think the interviews went well. Despite their promise, they never contacted me again. I tried to follow up with their HR and never got any response. I had a great interview experience, but I expected them to follow up with me after investing time and some money into this trip. Disappearing after 4 interviews just did not fit into the picture of professionalism they displayed throughout the process.

Information Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

onsite interview. It's my 3rd round. VP and VPA interviewed me. Totally 1 hour. onsite interview. It's my 3rd round. VP and VPA interviewed me. Totally 1 hour. onsite interview. It's my 3rd round. VP and VPA interviewed me. Totally 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your best project and how did you conquer the problems. How do you solve big volume of data from back-end. Do you know the grid system, like grid api in JQuery or AngularJS?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

One OCR interview, superday in the office. People are nice during interviews, but the office environment may not be the greatest one in the industry. The interviews are not anything special, but they really want to know who you are! Study a bit about the firm's culture and tailor your story so that it fits what the firm is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral/technical questions. Some questions regarding current trend!   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Applied via on campus interview program - resume and cover letter submission. Had first round on campus, invited to a super day several days later for the next week at the office, where I had three one on one, half hour interviews with senior analysts. Questions were mostly fit based with some simple technicals. Was asked beforehand to prepare a stock pitch, but did not get asked for it during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strengths and weaknesses? Given EV/EBITDA, EBITDA, and net debt, what is the stock price? Given PE multiples, can an acquisition be accretive using 1) all equity 2) debt with certain interest and tax rate. An example of a time you worked on a team/were a leader. Who is the current secretary of the treasury and who preceded them? What is the current ten year rate?   Answer Question

Information Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

I received an interview through on campus recruitment after review of my resume. After a successful first interview, I was invited to the company for several interviews within the Technology department. These were very average interviews and I was not asked a single technical question which was highly unusual. The last interviewer merely asked what books I had read recently and then refused to provide his card business card at the end of the interview. It was easy to figure it out based on the other business cards that I was given, so I made sure to email each interviewer a thank you, including this last interviewer. He replied, "You are very analytic, so I am not surprised that you figured out my email. I think you would be better suited in a position that takes advantage of your logical thinking." My interviewers appeared unfamiliar with my resume when we met up, and then they completely tuned out when they read that I studied mathematics. My resume lists expertise in a plethora of programming languages, but I guess this was not enough to take me seriously. I strongly suggest that you find a way to discuss your programming skill if you do not have a computer science or engineering degree.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Submitted my resume through university recruiting, and I was contacted through the school. Interview occurred about two weeks after the result, with one VP from the team. The interviewer asked some behavioral interview questions (about yourself, why CS, why Er) and then asked me about my stock pitch. Afterwards, the interviewer shared his own insight in Er, which really helped me further want to get into the group.

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an online screening of your resume and supporting documents. After I was selected, I had two separate phone interviews that touched upon basic questions of your financial experience (I was a Freshman studying Economics while they were looking for someone with good knowledge of Quants). The final round interview at their office involved me sitting in one of their conference rooms with 3 analysts infront of me. They were either seniors or had just graduated a semester ago. The interview was really intense and required you to be extremely good with excel VBA, options & futures, and other asset classes.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of Implied Volatility and Strike Price and draw an example out of a situation where that trading strategy is involved. Show it to them on a piece of paper using visual drawings.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

multiple pre-interview events, both college specific and nationwide. short first round interview on campus, with a super day second round. multiple 30 minute interviews for the super day, all with senior management. very friendly and exciting interviewers; left with a great impression of the firm. unfortunately did not get an offer.