Credit Suisse

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Accountant Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

First interview was with a manager and then with two SBAs. It was a long interview (around two hours). Manager was ok but SBAs were really unprofessional. Eating lunch during the interview process which distracted me couple of times and both were unfriendly. One of them had serious ego issues. It was like they didn't want me there.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2009.

Met HR and ex-colleague for exploratory i-view
    Positives: met with line manager 1:1 late in the evening, very accomodative
    Met HR twice
    Due to meet head of trading at lunch, he didn't bother to show up and HR didn't bother to cancel
    HR apologised
    After this - no communication whatsoever about next steps

Interview Questions
    • about current compensation and last 2 bonuses - "give me a figure"   View Answer

MBA S&T Summer Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2011.

first round interview for MBA summer associate program

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time in your life when you exceed the expectations   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

I got a call from HR asking for setting up a time for first round of interview.

I had 3 rounds of interview. Luckily all telephonic interviews as I far away from the office location.

1st Interview was done by technical manager who did 30 minutes of interview with both technical and behavioral questions. Both technical and behavioral questions were good and manager accessed me through them. He told me they will do another round of interview.

The 2nd interview was all technical in Java and .NET. The manager was architect and grilled me well with all the practical scenarios and coding question and few behavioral. It went for 1 hr.

The 3rd one mix of both technical and behavioral and it went for 1 hr.

You need to know your technical stuff and answer behavioral questions well. The interviewers are very qualified people and analyze candidates quickly and well. You need to be prompt in answering and to the point answer as they don't have whole day for you.

Don't reschedule or cancel your interview or try to give answers to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What are recursive function advantage and disadvantages   View Answer
    • What is the difference between log4j and java logging api.   View Answer
    Nope. I was told what I am offered is not negotiable.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2013.

Came in to the NYC office for two hours. Interviewed with 6 people, 3 of which were at the same time. Very technical, not a lot of friendly interaction.

Structured Products - Quantitative Strategies () Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Online test, Phone interview, 5 interviews with RH and the whole team.
    1 specialist in math - asking simple math questions
    3 specialist in structured products - asking complicated question about structured products
    1 specialist in IT - asking to write a code and to understand a C++ script
    1 HR

Interview Questions
    • Simple Math equations such as Integration of lnx from 0 to 1. Or the proof of sum(k^2).   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks.You apply for a program called "Practical Working Experience Program" through their career site. If you pass the initial screening, you get to take a IQ-similar test and get a first round interview. Once you pass the first test, you will be invited to a second-round, in which you will talk with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Very Technical Question: I was very surprised because not a lot of investment banking firms ask questions about EVA method. However, Deutsche asked me how EVA value is technically the same as the After-Tax Cash Flow   Answer Question

Temenos GLOBUS/T24 Technical Consultant, Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Hiring process for my recent application to Credit Suisse began with an agency in Singapore processing my profile. They processed it for 35 days, then came back with the interview date fixed after another couple of weeks.

Interview was straight forward, pointing to my experience. However it was challenging at certain instances. Surprised that there were no scenario based questions for a banking/IT position. I was expecting the scenario based questions, but it was not asked.

Client expressed positive review in the interview. They even explained what they were up to. I only had to ask what would be the role and the career path from then on.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult/unexpected questions, I was a past employee, I know things that are happening around in Credit Suisse.   Answer Question
    Pros: Excellent private banking client, setup has a standard across regions. CS always prefers past employees and contractors for any roles, as they already have a good idea of their setup. The knowledge you can gain from working with CS would definitely shape your career.

Cons: Mostly CS has budget issues and financial problems across Private Banking and Investment Banking. It is not encouraged to take up contract roles with CS, as it is the most vulnerable position at any CS office. I have seen 15 contractors(working with CS for over 4 yrs) getting fired on a single day, for cost-cutting reasons.

Things to watch: You must have good negotiating skills. If you are an experienced IT professional, and if it is your first interview with CS, only quote a market rate salary and benefits, nothing less. Do not negotiate unless they say it is very very difficult(They normally say, it is over our budget or something, then you can negotiate). Also, please check with them on the available benefits, currently they have removed most of the benefits for employees which were available in the past.

Since there would definitely be some cost-cutting across the IT sector, it is not advised to negotiate a lot on the expected financials. It is not worth it. You WILL get a pay cut or allowance cut sometime in the future, if you are with the same CS entity.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

I have consulted at Credit Suisse before and was going back for another contract. I have had great interviews with multiple people on several occassions. The people there are great- both intelligent and professional. On my last few interviews I was there number 1 choice, however they were required to go with and internal canidate due to budget constaints