Credit Suisse

Average Difficulty
474 candidate interviews

Accountant Interview

Accountant

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was very technical. Excel questions, questions on fixed income derivatives, brain teasers. Behavioral questions on past experiences. How would I react in certain situations. Stress interviews. Interviewed in group of 2. Took out notebook computer and pencil and paper for me to answer questions. Very hard.

Interview Question – Derive black-scholes equation using random walk assumption.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was with a manager and then with two SBAs. It was a long interview (around two hours). Manager was ok but SBAs were really unprofessional. Eating lunch during the interview process which distracted me couple of times and both were unfriendly. One of them had serious ego issues. It was like they didn't want me there.

Interview Question – How would you map a process in LIQ?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
London, England (UK)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2009.

Interview Details – Met HR and ex-colleague for exploratory i-view
Positives: met with line manager 1:1 late in the evening, very accomodative
Met HR twice
Due to meet head of trading at lunch, he didn't bother to show up and HR didn't bother to cancel
HR apologised
After this - no communication whatsoever about next steps

Interview Question – about current compensation and last 2 bonuses - "give me a figure"   View Answer

MBA S&T Summer Associate Interview

MBA S&T Summer Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2011.

Interview Details – first round interview for MBA summer associate program

Interview Question – Tell me a time in your life when you exceed the expectations   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call from HR asking for setting up a time for first round of interview.

I had 3 rounds of interview. Luckily all telephonic interviews as I far away from the office location.

1st Interview was done by technical manager who did 30 minutes of interview with both technical and behavioral questions. Both technical and behavioral questions were good and manager accessed me through them. He told me they will do another round of interview.

The 2nd interview was all technical in Java and .NET. The manager was architect and grilled me well with all the practical scenarios and coding question and few behavioral. It went for 1 hr.

The 3rd one mix of both technical and behavioral and it went for 1 hr.

You need to know your technical stuff and answer behavioral questions well. The interviewers are very qualified people and analyze candidates quickly and well. You need to be prompt in answering and to the point answer as they don't have whole day for you.

Don't reschedule or cancel your interview or try to give answers to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are recursive function advantage and disadvantages   View Answer
  • What is the difference between log4j and java logging api.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nope. I was told what I am offered is not negotiable.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Wealth Management Intern
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2013.

Interview Details – Came in to the NYC office for two hours. Interviewed with 6 people, 3 of which were at the same time. Very technical, not a lot of friendly interaction.

Interview Question – Whats wrong with the market today   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Lead Analyst
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2011.

Interview Details – Is done through consultants. Two rounds of interview take place. One with the hiring manager who may be at AVP level and other by a VP or director. Primary concern is stability of the person coming in.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join a function which is not revenue generating ?   View Answer

IT Summer Analyst Interview

IT Summer Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details – They came to my school and I had an initial interview on campus. Thought it went horrible but then I was invited for the second round and the Job Family expo at the company. Didn't make it to that event because I had a conference to go to and I left that night. Final round of interviews consisted of 4 30 minute interviews(Including a technical interview) at the company. We had lunch with the managers and current employees then we broke into the interviews. I thought the behavioral interviews went well. I was not prepared for the technical interview and the HR contact basically told us we couldn't prepare for it. The technical interview was the worst interview I've ever had. It was my first one and I thought the questions that were ask were not something a college student looking for an intern position with no experience at Credit Suisse could answer. I didn't get the job and found out about 2 hours after my last interview.

Interview Question – Everything that was asked during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – I've send my CV to recruiter. After few weeks I've been invited for a interview day.

The interview has been really professionally organised. A dozen or so candidates invited. 5 hours consisting of 5 conversations (1:1) with 5 interviewers. No HR-like questions at all. Have been asked much about CV and problems related with my skills. +Technical questions including basic math, probability, algorithms and a lot of brain teasers.

Despite having little experience in programming, I have been considered for the job after the interview. Few days later I got email with the answer and the feedback.

Interview Question – Many problems (algorithms, quant puzzles) I have never met. Required just logical reasoning & no specialised knowledge. Thinking out loud is a good way of solving even if you are far from solution.   Answer Question

Technical Associate Interview

Technical Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2009.

Interview Details – Standard hiring and interviewing process. There are 2 standard rounds. 1st round is to see if you would be a good candidate for the company. If you get to the 2nd round, its usually with the group/team that is interested in hiring you. If the group is not interested or fit is not there, HR will try to find another group for you.

Interview Question – Tell me a type when you did something that was out of your character? And what happened and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a standard package with signing bonus.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse interview questions and advice. All 474 interview reviews posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.