Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Operations Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Consisted of two thirty minute phone interviews, occurring straight after one another. Both interviews were with senior members of the company. I was debriefed about the type of questions I could be asked, interviewer then went on to explain their role. Questions were based on my CV, motivations for applying, my knowledge in the industry and the role I was applying for. This was followed with competency based questions and one question regarding current awareness.

IT Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Telephone, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It started with a phone interview and email exchange with a recruiter, then I had two individual technical phone interviews. After they made an employment offer and I accepted their offer, I had to complete a drug screening and be finger printed.

Interview Questions

• They asked very basic technical questions, mostly related to mainframe technologies: COBOL, JCL, SQL, datasets. They also asked about my employment experience as it relates to the advertised position.   Answer Question

Exempt Non Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

there were total 5 rounds - 4 of them local with 1 of them being practical questions round and 1 with onshore counterpart.

mostly questions were asked around your past experience and about the team you would be part of.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations in next 5 years, type of work you are interested in doing.   Answer Question

Private Banking Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Sent resume in online and heard back 2 weeks later. 3 interviews, all were mostly behavioral. Took interns on a brief tour of the office. Met with a VP, MD, and entry level analyst. Generally concerned with you as a person, not with the technical skills you have. Only real technical question was "how does the private bank make money?" and that should be pretty simple if you are interviewing for a private bank.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2015.

Interview

Video Interview then had one on one 3 interviews at the company headquarters in NYC. The video interview was pretty simple basic questions. Why credit Suisse? Why a financial firm? Why Internal Audit? Why would you make a good intern? What work are you most proud of ? Which is your favorite subject?

Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Miami, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial phone call to get acquainted and review the job's responsibilities. Second phone call to schedule meeting with team's leaders, support staff, and operations manager. In-person interview with aforementioned individuals which lasted about 2 hours. During the interview, there were questions based on resume content, ability to meet the job requirements, and career plans.

Interview Questions

• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.   1 Answer

Linear Rates Quant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Individual one on one interview lasting approx 45 min each.
    Mix of algorithmic, math and tech questions.
    Algo questions can be considered brain teasers.
    Asked to compute complexity of a recursive search algo previously designed.
    Math questions are on the level of second year calculus.
    Example tech question: write a simple function to traverse a given list data structure print LIFO order

Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2015.

Interview

- Online app - CV, Cover letter, up to ten Achievements
    - Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Psychometric Tests, work quickly through these!
    - 2 thirty minute phone interviews with business reps, usually one from Sales and trading and one from investment banking department i believe
    - Mostly standard competencies including achievements, motivation, and then a couple of commercial awareness questions

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a recent news story and its effects on Credit Suisse   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first called to discuss some of the things I filled out in the application form and was asked when the earliest time I could start. I was also asked about my background and how I found out about Credit Suisse.

Interview Questions

• Earliest time you could start   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Milan (Italy)) in November 2011.

Interview

It has been very strong. I had my first interview with my boss, basically it was based on my skills through a test. The second step of the process was with responsible of human resoource just discussing with my previous experiences, about myself and my life. And the last one step it was with both (my boss and responsible).

Interview Questions

• A lot of question about financial matters. Something about my experiences and my reason to applay in.   Answer Question