Credit Suisse

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.9

Real Returns Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I applied for Credit Suisse's first attempt at a return-to-work program, called Real Returns. The initial HR phone interview was a standard 30 minutes get- to- know you interview which went very well. I then passed off to another young HR contact to come in to interview on two separate days for two separate internship opportunities. The HR contact could give me no background information on either project team.

The first was for a Risk project that was just getting off the ground and was inappropriate for a 12 week intern program since there was no mapped out objectives for the intern. The second opportunity was more promising but the hiring manager could not get to work that day and sent in a contractor to the interview (who had no real hiring power) rather than rescheduling. A total waste of my time. Rather than a "thanks, but no thanks", I then never heard another word from the company again after giving them two days of my time to interview for a short 12 week internship.

So glad not to have ended up there.

Interview Questions
    • When a project manager started asking me case study questions designed for college students.   View Answer

Managing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

good systematic process. Met few middle to peer level managers, discussed areas of expertise, understood their organization, their business,etc. It was similar to my background, so I thought I was a good fit and got the same feeling from them too.

Administrative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The interview was routine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Speak with HR then they call you back of made it to the next round. Met with the MD and his team. Support roughly about 20 people. Floor was professional, nothing out of character. Overall, a good experience n

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. The interviewer was reading off a script and seemed uninterested. All in person questions were behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you motivated a team member to change their perspective.   Answer Question

Summer Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

First round was online video interview with a manager; second round was office visit with 4 back-to-back interviews which took 30 minutes each. Since it's for Shared Services, all questions were based on resume and behavioral questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2014.

Internal referral -- 2 phone interviews over the course of 3 weeks and then heard nothing for 2 weeks. I followed up multiple times via email and phone but folks were frequently out of the office for extended periods of time. Finally after 7 weeks they told me via email that they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. Pretty straight forward/typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Very relaxed - personality questions and markets questions. Role was for their wealth management solutions group and the primary focus of the interview was to see how passionate you were about global markets. You should be prepared to pitch a stock or investment idea. Also, be prepared to walk through your resume,

Interview Questions
    • Describe your strengths/weaknesses. Time that you showed leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Networking is the key to landing an interview and completing informational interviews can help you get there. Your visibility among current employees and the number of people who can remember you from a positive interaction will go a long way.

Interview Questions
    • Associate level interview questions are mostly technically oriented and try to measure your ability to think analytically about the basic modeling and valuation concepts. Be prepared to cover all basics and dig deeply into any answer you provide.   Answer Question
    Salary is standard for fresh grads. Negotiations mostly don't occur.

IT Summer Analyst Interview

2 rounds, a campus interview followed by super day. Most of the questions are behavioral ones and they seem to figure out whether you are suited to work there in the whole process.

Business Reference Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2014.

Was invited to come in to interview at the Raleigh office. The HR guy who escorted me in was very nice and brought me into the interview room. I waited probably around 15 min or so and the first lady came in and started off a basic behavioral question interview. The questions were easy and typical of this type of interview, but the lady kept texting on her phone while I was talking. I paused for a moment mid-answer because she wasn't listening, and she said she was sorry and that she had a meeting or something coming up. Regardless, she kept doing it periodically to the end. When it was my time to ask questions, she said she had to go. This was very unprofessional and I was about to call her out on it, but realized my place and decided to pretend everything was fine.

The next lady who came in greeted me and begin more behavioral interview questions. She seemed a bit pushy with some questions, but at least she paid attention to me and wasn't texting on her phone. When it was my time to ask questions, I was only able to ask about 2 before she also had to leave.

Overall this was by far the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. Texting during an interview is completely unacceptable. Also, If they can't schedule enough time for the interviewee to ask questions, then reschedule. Also, I tried reaching out several times to follow up with Credit Suisse and to this day, I have gotten no response. Also, this was 1 of 2 separate positions I have interviewed for, and I still do not get a response.

Fortunately, I landed a job with a bank with better ethical background.