Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

IT Summer Analyst Interview

2 rounds, a campus interview followed by super day. Most of the questions are behavioral ones and they seem to figure out whether you are suited to work there in the whole process.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2013.

Came in to the NYC office for two hours. Interviewed with 6 people, 3 of which were at the same time. Very technical, not a lot of friendly interaction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

They came to my school and I had an initial interview on campus. Thought it went horrible but then I was invited for the second round and the Job Family expo at the company. Didn't make it to that event because I had a conference to go to and I left that night. Final round of interviews consisted of 4 30 minute interviews(Including a technical interview) at the company. We had lunch with the managers and current employees then we broke into the interviews. I thought the behavioral interviews went well. I was not prepared for the technical interview and the HR contact basically told us we couldn't prepare for it. The technical interview was the worst interview I've ever had. It was my first one and I thought the questions that were ask were not something a college student looking for an intern position with no experience at Credit Suisse could answer. I didn't get the job and found out about 2 hours after my last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Everything that was asked during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Information Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

The recruitment team is very friendly and informative. First round candidates attended a pre-interview reception where we met employees. During first round interview, behavior and tech questions are both asked. Then there was a tour/welcome diner before second round of interview. Second round is composed of 3 interviews. Second round interviews are behavioral. Questions I encountered were about leadership experiences, ethics (how would you handle this situation where your co-worker is leaking crucial information to someone outside the company).

EComm Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2012.

It was more of a sales job to sell me on things, less of an interview. The only real interview part was by a biz leader who i later came to respect as one of the very strong biz leaders in the org. The rest of the interviews were more like pleasant chats.

Interview Questions
    Low ball followed by counter and holding out a bit until I got close to, but not exactly, what I wnated.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Invited to junior day. started the process in November, had a web cam interview in December. invited back for super day in January which consisted of 3, 30 minute interviews

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about 3 year treasury rate when I was told to only know 5 and 10 year.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

One round on campus and one final round in person. Final round was 3 interviews - 2 two on ones and 1 one on one. Typical investment banking questions with a lot of fit questions. Be prepared to answer why a certain region, group or product.

Interview Questions
    • If a company acquires another company with a lower P/E ratio, is the deal accretive or dilutive?   Answer Question
    Standard package, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

I applied online, both through my university and through the Credit Suisse online application. I was pre-selected for an on-campus interview, which was 1:1 and behavioral. After a week I was invited to second round interviews on-site at the Credit Suisse offices in New York. The second round consisted of 3 half-hour long interviews, two of which were behavioral and third was a job-fit interview. The overall experience was pleasant and all of the employees I spoke with were very friendly and inviting.

The night before the on-site interviews, there was a Welcome Dinner which included a tour of the offices and the opportunity to ask questions to current senior-employees as well as recent full-time hires. The morning of the interviews (mine were morning interviews) we were given a small continental breakfast before the interviews.

The behavioral were the typical, "Tell me about a time you worked on a team and there was a difference of opinion on how to approach the project. How did you handle it?" The job-fit interview focused on assessing how much I actually knew about the technical projects and class subjects listed on my resume. For example, a project on my resume mentioned the use of multi-threading so I was asked how I handled thread safety.

Interview Questions
    • What software development methodology do you employ?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

2 Interviews for IT.

One on college campus. Mostly behavioral, but be willing to describe more about the projects you have been working on. As said before, be prepared to talk about how you overcome challenges and having extracurricular projects is definitely plus.

The second or final interview is on their campus. Feels more like fitting to see best fit team rather than an interview.

Very nice process, mainly to gauge whether you are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe any team projects that you have been working on.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The questions were completely behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult. But every new question depended on your previous answer. So if you wish to keep the ball in your court, answer accordingly   Answer Question