Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.9

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Invited to junior day. started the process in November, had a web cam interview in December. invited back for super day in January which consisted of 3, 30 minute interviews

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about 3 year treasury rate when I was told to only know 5 and 10 year.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2014.

I had a 30 minute phone interview of behavioral questions. I was then invited to Raleigh for 3 back to back 30 minute interviews. There were several technical questions as well as the usual behavioral ones. They had snacks, and gave a mileage reimbursement for travel.

Interview Questions
    • One of the most interesting questions was: "How does the city figure out how much salt they need to prepare for a snowstorm?"   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

One round on campus and one final round in person. Final round was 3 interviews - 2 two on ones and 1 one on one. Typical investment banking questions with a lot of fit questions. Be prepared to answer why a certain region, group or product.

Interview Questions
    • If a company acquires another company with a lower P/E ratio, is the deal accretive or dilutive?   Answer Question
    Standard package, no negotiation.

Summer Analyst Interview

2 Interviews for IT.

One on college campus. Mostly behavioral, but be willing to describe more about the projects you have been working on. As said before, be prepared to talk about how you overcome challenges and having extracurricular projects is definitely plus.

The second or final interview is on their campus. Feels more like fitting to see best fit team rather than an interview.

Very nice process, mainly to gauge whether you are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe any team projects that you have been working on.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The questions were completely behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult. But every new question depended on your previous answer. So if you wish to keep the ball in your court, answer accordingly   Answer Question

Equity Sales Summer Intern Interview

First Round Phone interview then a super day with 5 half hour interviews

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you execute the wrong trade for a client?   Answer Question

Credit Suisse Summer Analyst (Fixed Income) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Applied through the company website, they got back to me after 3-4 weeks. I received an email telling me to sign up for (first round) interview times; the interview was over web cam. It was pretty easy to set up.
    First round interview was purely fit questions, lasted thirty minutes. The interviewer was really nice, and the questions were pretty standard fit questions like "tell me about a time when you worked in a team". The sound quality was pretty bad though.
    Didn't make it through to the next round. No feedback received, and I was told that I couldn't ask for feedback either.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Summer Associate In Singapore Interview

Two rounds. For the first one, I was interviewed by a senior manager. And in the second round, I was interviewed by an analyst.

Summer Analyst Interview

Web application, on campus first round interview, and the super day.

Technology Analyst Interview

I submitted my resume in campus. And there was on campus interview, no technical questions.