Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.9

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

First interview was at my university. Consisted of one 30 minute interview. 15 minutes were spent talking about the company, 10 minutes was going over my resume, and 5 minutes were for questions. Heard back that night that I made it to final interviews. Went to an optional Q&A and office tour that Friday. Then had my final round interview the next week, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews and another tour after. This interview consisded mainly of going over your resume and asking you basic questions such as biggest challenge, weaknesses and strengths etc. Overall the interviewers were very friendly and happy to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing 5 years from now. Biggest strength, weakness, and challenge. What do investment banks do. Talk about a time where group work was necessary. A time you failed and what you did to fix it. A time where you had to go against ethics when making a decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No contact negotiation

Analyst Interview

Interview

Pure conversation. Why finance? Based mostly on resume. Quick- only about a half hour. Not sure what they were looking for but the interview was half about CS. Intro to the firm. Clearly has a phenomenal and terrific culture.

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Applied via on campus interview program - resume and cover letter submission. Had first round on campus, invited to a super day several days later for the next week at the office, where I had three one on one, half hour interviews with senior analysts. Questions were mostly fit based with some simple technicals. Was asked beforehand to prepare a stock pitch, but did not get asked for it during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strengths and weaknesses? Given EV/EBITDA, EBITDA, and net debt, what is the stock price? Given PE multiples, can an acquisition be accretive using 1) all equity 2) debt with certain interest and tax rate. An example of a time you worked on a team/were a leader. Who is the current secretary of the treasury and who preceded them? What is the current ten year rate?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Straightforward, Friendly. Given that I already had another pending offer from the same division at a rival bank, they kept the interview straight-forward. Was geared towards making me meet as many people as possible. No technical questions, but if you already have experience there is no point anyways.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

I received an interview through on campus recruitment after review of my resume. After a successful first interview, I was invited to the company for several interviews within the Technology department. These were very average interviews and I was not asked a single technical question which was highly unusual. The last interviewer merely asked what books I had read recently and then refused to provide his card business card at the end of the interview. It was easy to figure it out based on the other business cards that I was given, so I made sure to email each interviewer a thank you, including this last interviewer. He replied, "You are very analytic, so I am not surprised that you figured out my email. I think you would be better suited in a position that takes advantage of your logical thinking." My interviewers appeared unfamiliar with my resume when we met up, and then they completely tuned out when they read that I studied mathematics. My resume lists expertise in a plethora of programming languages, but I guess this was not enough to take me seriously. I strongly suggest that you find a way to discuss your programming skill if you do not have a computer science or engineering degree.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Submitted my resume through university recruiting, and I was contacted through the school. Interview occurred about two weeks after the result, with one VP from the team. The interviewer asked some behavioral interview questions (about yourself, why CS, why Er) and then asked me about my stock pitch. Afterwards, the interviewer shared his own insight in Er, which really helped me further want to get into the group.

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2015.

Interview

Worst interview process ever seen. Took 5 months and a month for each interview. Whenever checked for update only answer I got was "will let you know next week". When I was offered this position and salary was not at all even close to market, 30% less than market trend. Finally got another offer from a very good company and I moved on.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

multiple pre-interview events, both college specific and nationwide. short first round interview on campus, with a super day second round. multiple 30 minute interviews for the super day, all with senior management. very friendly and exciting interviewers; left with a great impression of the firm. unfortunately did not get an offer.

Linear Rates Quant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Individual one on one interview lasting approx 45 min each. Mix of algorithmic, math and tech questions. Algo questions can be considered brain teasers. Asked to compute complexity of a recursive search algo previously designed. Math questions are on the level of second year calculus. Example tech question: write a simple function to traverse a given list data structure print LIFO order

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round was at my university followed by a superday in the New York City office. All interviews were mostly behavioral with some general technical questions about data structures, object oriented programming, and polymorphism. I was also asked to go through my resume and about what type of projects I was interested in. I heard back a little over two weeks after the superday that I had an offer.