Credit Suisse

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Investment Banking Division Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2014.

The whole process only took about 3 weeks. The Skype interview was mainly behavioral with a couple technical questions on DCF valuation and WACC. The super day was 2 weeks after the Skype interview and consisted of 3 interviews, all conducted by MD's. Two of the interviews were about half and half (behavioral & technical) and one was pretty much all technical.

Interview Questions
    • Information for 2 companies was written on a piece of paper, with the given information I had to calculate various different multiples and then explain conceptually why some of the multiples were different.   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2014.

Applied online at the suggestion of a friend. I was emailed a month and a half later to ask if I was still interested in the IT internship, to which I responded yes. Phone call (not interview) a few days later with the recruiter, where I got more information about the company and internship, and we also set up a 30 minute behavioral phone interview the next day with an interviewer.

Overzealous interviewer, the 30 minute interview ended up running 1 hour, 15 minutes. Wasn't just behavioral either, I got asked questions about Java and Infrastructure stuff as well. Behavioral questions such as:
    -Tell me about a situation where ethics were concerned. What happened, and how did you handle it
    -Why do you want to work at Credit Suisse
    -Why IT (what led you to look for an IT internship)
    -Tell me a bit about yourself
    And then there was a problem solving question:
    -As a Public Transportation employee, how do you figure out how much salt to put down on the roads before a big snowstorm
    And then we started into technical questions:
    -What are some features of a good password?
    -In Java, what is the difference between .equals() and ==
    -What are some object oriented features in Java
    -Describe some things to consider when designing a High Availability system
    -Describe some important Disaster Recovery practices

All in all, I was told this was a 30 minute behavioral interview and then this happened. I was very surprised, and I hadn't been prepared to answer the Java or HA or DR questions so I thought I failed.

I was then emailed the next week and was invited to come to the company's Super Day on-site in Raleigh. I accepted, and flew out the following week. The Super Day was only 2.5 hours and consisted of the following:
    -Informal, relaxed breakfast with Vice Presidents and Directors of IT
    -2 30 minute behavioral/resume interviews with different interviewers - We went over my resume, I talked about projects that I worked on and the course work I had done so far. There were questions asking me about situations and how I handled them regarding leadership and how I convinced others to do things my way, conflicts on my team, ethical issues that arose, how I managed a time I screwed up, etc
    -1 30 minute Technical Assessment (TA) interview - I had thought that this was going to be a whiteboard interview but it ended up being an interview where I was given a situation and told to describe various things to consider when doing certain things. If you are in charge of managing a project that is upgrading a large number of computers to new software/hardware, talk about what you would consider when: giving a presentation to a board of your superiors, how you would tell the customer what's changing, how you would reduce cost if forced to, how (post-production) you would fix bugs (analysis, prioritization, etc), and other sorts of situational questions.

We then got a short tour of the building with some previous intern-now-employees, and then were sent on our way.
    All in all, the Super Day was a really amazing, fun, and pleasant experience.
    Responses/offers were given within a week of the Super Day.

Edit: I ended up being called by a gentleman in the IT Level 2 Support office for a brief 15 minute informal chat. I was called by another person the next week saying that I had been rejected.

Interview Questions
    • I was really unprepared for the technical questions in my behavioral phone interview, as I was specifically told that it was going to be behavioral.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Behavioral questions based on your resume. Had an one and half hour session with three hiring managers. people were so friendly. explained clearly everything about the specific role and the job. no technical questions as such. Overall, it was a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • no questions like that. be sure of what you are giving in your resume.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

HR calls and helps set up an interview. Once you drive out there was a two person interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. Bring up past experiences from college or part time jobs that answer the questions. All of the questions demonstrate your leadership ability/ability to handle compromising questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tells you to pick two planets. You pretend one interviewer is from one planet and the other is from another. They then ask you to explain something very simple to them in 60 seconds.   Answer Question

Real Returns Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I applied for Credit Suisse's first attempt at a return-to-work program, called Real Returns. The initial HR phone interview was a standard 30 minutes get- to- know you interview which went very well. I then passed off to another young HR contact to come in to interview on two separate days for two separate internship opportunities. The HR contact could give me no background information on either project team.

The first was for a Risk project that was just getting off the ground and was inappropriate for a 12 week intern program since there was no mapped out objectives for the intern. The second opportunity was more promising but the hiring manager could not get to work that day and sent in a contractor to the interview (who had no real hiring power) rather than rescheduling. A total waste of my time. Rather than a "thanks, but no thanks", I then never heard another word from the company again after giving them two days of my time to interview for a short 12 week internship.

So glad not to have ended up there.

Interview Questions
    • When a project manager started asking me case study questions designed for college students.   View Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2014.

Originally contacted by HR after online application. Had a quick phone screen and was set up for an in person interview with the hiring manager, followed by subsequent rounds with executives. Have yet to hear back after last set of meetings, so given the length of this process I am assuming no offer is forthcoming.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - mostly behavioral and aligning your skills to the position sought   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

good systematic process. Met few middle to peer level managers, discussed areas of expertise, understood their organization, their business,etc. It was similar to my background, so I thought I was a good fit and got the same feeling from them too.

Administrative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The interview was routine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Speak with HR then they call you back of made it to the next round. Met with the MD and his team. Support roughly about 20 people. Floor was professional, nothing out of character. Overall, a good experience n

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. The interviewer was reading off a script and seemed uninterested. All in person questions were behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you motivated a team member to change their perspective.   Answer Question

Summer Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

First round was online video interview with a manager; second round was office visit with 4 back-to-back interviews which took 30 minutes each. Since it's for Shared Services, all questions were based on resume and behavioral questions.