Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Applied through university career site. Had an on-campus interview that was mostly behavioral questions. Got invited to a super day at their office, where there were 3 interviews. These were also largely behavioral with a few questions about specifics on the projects listed on my resume. Got a call two weeks later with the offer.

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first called to discuss some of the things I filled out in the application form and was asked when the earliest time I could start. I was also asked about my background and how I found out about Credit Suisse.

Interview Questions

• Earliest time you could start   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Pure conversation. Why finance? Based mostly on resume. Quick- only about a half hour. Not sure what they were looking for but the interview was half about CS. Intro to the firm. Clearly has a phenomenal and terrific culture.

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

First interview was at my university. Consisted of one 30 minute interview. 15 minutes were spent talking about the company, 10 minutes was going over my resume, and 5 minutes were for questions. Heard back that night that I made it to final interviews. Went to an optional Q&A and office tour that Friday. Then had my final round interview the next week, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews and another tour after. This interview consisded mainly of going over your resume and asking you basic questions such as biggest challenge, weaknesses and strengths etc. Overall the interviewers were very friendly and happy to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing 5 years from now. Biggest strength, weakness, and challenge. What do investment banks do. Talk about a time where group work was necessary. A time you failed and what you did to fix it. A time where you had to go against ethics when making a decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No contact negotiation

Equity Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Applied via on campus interview program - resume and cover letter submission. Had first round on campus, invited to a super day several days later for the next week at the office, where I had three one on one, half hour interviews with senior analysts. Questions were mostly fit based with some simple technicals. Was asked beforehand to prepare a stock pitch, but did not get asked for it during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strengths and weaknesses? Given EV/EBITDA, EBITDA, and net debt, what is the stock price? Given PE multiples, can an acquisition be accretive using 1) all equity 2) debt with certain interest and tax rate. An example of a time you worked on a team/were a leader. Who is the current secretary of the treasury and who preceded them? What is the current ten year rate?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Straightforward, Friendly. Given that I already had another pending offer from the same division at a rival bank, they kept the interview straight-forward. Was geared towards making me meet as many people as possible. No technical questions, but if you already have experience there is no point anyways.

Information Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

I received an interview through on campus recruitment after review of my resume. After a successful first interview, I was invited to the company for several interviews within the Technology department. These were very average interviews and I was not asked a single technical question which was highly unusual. The last interviewer merely asked what books I had read recently and then refused to provide his card business card at the end of the interview. It was easy to figure it out based on the other business cards that I was given, so I made sure to email each interviewer a thank you, including this last interviewer. He replied, "You are very analytic, so I am not surprised that you figured out my email. I think you would be better suited in a position that takes advantage of your logical thinking." My interviewers appeared unfamiliar with my resume when we met up, and then they completely tuned out when they read that I studied mathematics. My resume lists expertise in a plethora of programming languages, but I guess this was not enough to take me seriously. I strongly suggest that you find a way to discuss your programming skill if you do not have a computer science or engineering degree.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Submitted my resume through university recruiting, and I was contacted through the school. Interview occurred about two weeks after the result, with one VP from the team. The interviewer asked some behavioral interview questions (about yourself, why CS, why Er) and then asked me about my stock pitch. Afterwards, the interviewer shared his own insight in Er, which really helped me further want to get into the group.

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an online screening of your resume and supporting documents. After I was selected, I had two separate phone interviews that touched upon basic questions of your financial experience (I was a Freshman studying Economics while they were looking for someone with good knowledge of Quants). The final round interview at their office involved me sitting in one of their conference rooms with 3 analysts infront of me. They were either seniors or had just graduated a semester ago. The interview was really intense and required you to be extremely good with excel VBA, options & futures, and other asset classes.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of Implied Volatility and Strike Price and draw an example out of a situation where that trading strategy is involved. Show it to them on a piece of paper using visual drawings.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

multiple pre-interview events, both college specific and nationwide. short first round interview on campus, with a super day second round. multiple 30 minute interviews for the super day, all with senior management. very friendly and exciting interviewers; left with a great impression of the firm. unfortunately did not get an offer.