Credit Suisse

474 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – One round on campus and one final round in person. Final round was 3 interviews - 2 two on ones and 1 one on one. Typical investment banking questions with a lot of fit questions. Be prepared to answer why a certain region, group or product.

Interview Question – If a company acquires another company with a lower P/E ratio, is the deal accretive or dilutive?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard package, no negotiation.

IT Summer Analyst Interview

IT Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, both through my university and through the Credit Suisse online application. I was pre-selected for an on-campus interview, which was 1:1 and behavioral. After a week I was invited to second round interviews on-site at the Credit Suisse offices in New York. The second round consisted of 3 half-hour long interviews, two of which were behavioral and third was a job-fit interview. The overall experience was pleasant and all of the employees I spoke with were very friendly and inviting.

The night before the on-site interviews, there was a Welcome Dinner which included a tour of the offices and the opportunity to ask questions to current senior-employees as well as recent full-time hires. The morning of the interviews (mine were morning interviews) we were given a small continental breakfast before the interviews.

The behavioral were the typical, "Tell me about a time you worked on a team and there was a difference of opinion on how to approach the project. How did you handle it?" The job-fit interview focused on assessing how much I actually knew about the technical projects and class subjects listed on my resume. For example, a project on my resume mentioned the use of multi-threading so I was asked how I handled thread safety.

Interview Question – What software development methodology do you employ?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – 2 Interviews for IT.

One on college campus. Mostly behavioral, but be willing to describe more about the projects you have been working on. As said before, be prepared to talk about how you overcome challenges and having extracurricular projects is definitely plus.

The second or final interview is on their campus. Feels more like fitting to see best fit team rather than an interview.

Very nice process, mainly to gauge whether you are willing to learn.

Interview Question – Please describe any team projects that you have been working on.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – The questions were completely behavioral.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult. But every new question depended on your previous answer. So if you wish to keep the ball in your court, answer accordingly   Answer Question

Equity Sales Summer Intern Interview

Equity Sales Summer Intern

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – First Round Phone interview then a super day with 5 half hour interviews

Interview Question – What do you do if you execute the wrong trade for a client?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details – Their interview process through a university requires students to apply online, submitting a cover letter and resume, then students are selected to have an on-campus interview. If that goes well, students are invited to an on-site meet and greet to learn more about the divisions of the internships. After this process, students must go to a super day, where they are required to go through four interviews. After the super day, internship positions are determined and told to the interviewees.

Interview Question – Buy or build question   View Answer

Credit Suisse Summer Analyst (Fixed Income) Interview

Credit Suisse Summer Analyst (Fixed Income)
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – Applied through the company website, they got back to me after 3-4 weeks. I received an email telling me to sign up for (first round) interview times; the interview was over web cam. It was pretty easy to set up.
First round interview was purely fit questions, lasted thirty minutes. The interviewer was really nice, and the questions were pretty standard fit questions like "tell me about a time when you worked in a team". The sound quality was pretty bad though.
Didn't make it through to the next round. No feedback received, and I was told that I couldn't ask for feedback either.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details – Attended London Banking Summit, secured a spot, then sat through a 1.5 hour interview.

Interview Question – Why did you miss company sponsored dinner in London?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interview Details – Applied through campus
1st round on campus behavioral interview and then Superday 3 one on one interviews

Summer Associate In Singapore Interview

Summer Associate In Singapore

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – Two rounds. For the first one, I was interviewed by a senior manager. And in the second round, I was interviewed by an analyst.

Interview Question – No difficult question. All about resume.   Answer Question