Credit Suisse

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2014.

I applied software developer position through my university's career website, after 2-3 weeks, I took a telephone interview.
    It's a Behavioral/Technical interview. Focus on some simple concepts of programming related with your resume. They are interested in your data structure and algorithm skills. It's just first-round. Not difficult. But I screwed up...

Interview Questions
    • What's the advantages of Object Oriented Programming. What is binary tree? What is merge sort?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2014.

Phone interview for half an hour. After some common questions about my resume two technical questions were asked. I wasn't able to give a solution at first and worked it out after some help. One question is about the value and hedging of forward and another is about the definition and hedging of digital options.

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Had a phone interview with basic HR questions and discuss some topics relating to resume. Then went to their office to do a super interview session which consisted of three thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with object oriented programming. Classes, objects, attributes.   Answer Question
    • Experience with working in a group, conflict resolution, and handing certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

campus recruiting, first round interview, super day

Recruiting officer was super helpful, and an amazing at her job! She truly cares about helping you get a position!

first round 1v1

final round 3 1v1

Interview Questions
    • difference between two different programming languages   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I had 13 interviews on 5 separate days for a VP-level job. Most interviewers were totally unprepared, had no idea who I was or why I was there. One Branch Manager said, "I don't know why we're even looking at someone for that position." Another CEO direct report said, "I have a tie over there on the hook but I didn't think you were important enough to put it on."

Group Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I first had a phone screening with the recruiter then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After a week, I was called to set up a formal interview with two VPs. The formal interview lasted only 30 minutes with one of the VPs. I was supposed to meet with two that day but I was told the 2nd was out for the day (maybe/maybe not).

Interview Questions
    • Basically tell about your yourself (skill set and experiences)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Received a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview itself lasted about 15 minutes and was very relaxed. Was then contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Interviewed with hiring manager and team leader. Both were very relaxed and it felt like a conversation rather than being grilled.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about problem solving where they want specific examples. Most unexpected was probably "when was a time you had to work hard to achieve something you believed in."   View Answer
    They offer a standard starting salary to everyone and it was higher than I expected, so I did not try to negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I got an interview through on-campus recruiting (target school). I was asked to do some mental math and brainteasers, which I breezed through. I was also asked some questions on my resume. It was a pretty standard interview for an S&T summer internship. Unfortunately, I did not get a superday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected, but one problem was dividing a 9-digit number by another 9-digit number and guessing what the answer would be (to the nearest integer).   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2014.

Applied online at the suggestion of a friend. I was emailed a month and a half later to ask if I was still interested in the IT internship, to which I responded yes. Phone call (not interview) a few days later with the recruiter, where I got more information about the company and internship, and we also set up a 30 minute behavioral phone interview the next day with an interviewer.

Overzealous interviewer, the 30 minute interview ended up running 1 hour, 15 minutes. Wasn't just behavioral either, I got asked questions about Java and Infrastructure stuff as well. Behavioral questions such as:
    -Tell me about a situation where ethics were concerned. What happened, and how did you handle it
    -Why do you want to work at Credit Suisse
    -Why IT (what led you to look for an IT internship)
    -Tell me a bit about yourself
    And then there was a problem solving question:
    -As a Public Transportation employee, how do you figure out how much salt to put down on the roads before a big snowstorm
    And then we started into technical questions:
    -What are some features of a good password?
    -In Java, what is the difference between .equals() and ==
    -What are some object oriented features in Java
    -Describe some things to consider when designing a High Availability system
    -Describe some important Disaster Recovery practices

All in all, I was told this was a 30 minute behavioral interview and then this happened. I was very surprised, and I hadn't been prepared to answer the Java or HA or DR questions so I thought I failed.

I was then emailed the next week and was invited to come to the company's Super Day on-site in Raleigh. I accepted, and flew out the following week. The Super Day was only 2.5 hours and consisted of the following:
    -Informal, relaxed breakfast with Vice Presidents and Directors of IT
    -2 30 minute behavioral/resume interviews with different interviewers - We went over my resume, I talked about projects that I worked on and the course work I had done so far. There were questions asking me about situations and how I handled them regarding leadership and how I convinced others to do things my way, conflicts on my team, ethical issues that arose, how I managed a time I screwed up, etc
    -1 30 minute Technical Assessment (TA) interview - I had thought that this was going to be a whiteboard interview but it ended up being an interview where I was given a situation and told to describe various things to consider when doing certain things. If you are in charge of managing a project that is upgrading a large number of computers to new software/hardware, talk about what you would consider when: giving a presentation to a board of your superiors, how you would tell the customer what's changing, how you would reduce cost if forced to, how (post-production) you would fix bugs (analysis, prioritization, etc), and other sorts of situational questions.

We then got a short tour of the building with some previous intern-now-employees, and then were sent on our way.
    All in all, the Super Day was a really amazing, fun, and pleasant experience.
    Responses/offers were given within a week of the Super Day.

Edit: I ended up being called by a gentleman in the IT Level 2 Support office for a brief 15 minute informal chat. I was called by another person the next week saying that I had been rejected.

Interview Questions
    • I was really unprepared for the technical questions in my behavioral phone interview, as I was specifically told that it was going to be behavioral.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background. The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background.