Credit Suisse

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Very relaxed - personality questions and markets questions. Role was for their wealth management solutions group and the primary focus of the interview was to see how passionate you were about global markets. You should be prepared to pitch a stock or investment idea. Also, be prepared to walk through your resume,

Interview Questions
    • Describe your strengths/weaknesses. Time that you showed leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Networking is the key to landing an interview and completing informational interviews can help you get there. Your visibility among current employees and the number of people who can remember you from a positive interaction will go a long way.

Interview Questions
    • Associate level interview questions are mostly technically oriented and try to measure your ability to think analytically about the basic modeling and valuation concepts. Be prepared to cover all basics and dig deeply into any answer you provide.   Answer Question
    Salary is standard for fresh grads. Negotiations mostly don't occur.

IT Summer Analyst Interview

2 rounds, a campus interview followed by super day. Most of the questions are behavioral ones and they seem to figure out whether you are suited to work there in the whole process.

Business Reference Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2014.

Was invited to come in to interview at the Raleigh office. The HR guy who escorted me in was very nice and brought me into the interview room. I waited probably around 15 min or so and the first lady came in and started off a basic behavioral question interview. The questions were easy and typical of this type of interview, but the lady kept texting on her phone while I was talking. I paused for a moment mid-answer because she wasn't listening, and she said she was sorry and that she had a meeting or something coming up. Regardless, she kept doing it periodically to the end. When it was my time to ask questions, she said she had to go. This was very unprofessional and I was about to call her out on it, but realized my place and decided to pretend everything was fine.

The next lady who came in greeted me and begin more behavioral interview questions. She seemed a bit pushy with some questions, but at least she paid attention to me and wasn't texting on her phone. When it was my time to ask questions, I was only able to ask about 2 before she also had to leave.

Overall this was by far the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. Texting during an interview is completely unacceptable. Also, If they can't schedule enough time for the interviewee to ask questions, then reschedule. Also, I tried reaching out several times to follow up with Credit Suisse and to this day, I have gotten no response. Also, this was 1 of 2 separate positions I have interviewed for, and I still do not get a response.

Fortunately, I landed a job with a bank with better ethical background.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Invited to junior day. started the process in November, had a web cam interview in December. invited back for super day in January which consisted of 3, 30 minute interviews

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about 3 year treasury rate when I was told to only know 5 and 10 year.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2014.

I had a 30 minute phone interview of behavioral questions. I was then invited to Raleigh for 3 back to back 30 minute interviews. There were several technical questions as well as the usual behavioral ones. They had snacks, and gave a mileage reimbursement for travel.

Interview Questions
    • One of the most interesting questions was: "How does the city figure out how much salt they need to prepare for a snowstorm?"   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

One round on campus and one final round in person. Final round was 3 interviews - 2 two on ones and 1 one on one. Typical investment banking questions with a lot of fit questions. Be prepared to answer why a certain region, group or product.

Interview Questions
    • If a company acquires another company with a lower P/E ratio, is the deal accretive or dilutive?   View Answer
    Standard package, no negotiation.

Summer Analyst Interview

2 Interviews for IT.

One on college campus. Mostly behavioral, but be willing to describe more about the projects you have been working on. As said before, be prepared to talk about how you overcome challenges and having extracurricular projects is definitely plus.

The second or final interview is on their campus. Feels more like fitting to see best fit team rather than an interview.

Very nice process, mainly to gauge whether you are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe any team projects that you have been working on.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The questions were completely behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult. But every new question depended on your previous answer. So if you wish to keep the ball in your court, answer accordingly   Answer Question

Equity Sales Summer Intern Interview

First Round Phone interview then a super day with 5 half hour interviews

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you execute the wrong trade for a client?   Answer Question