Credit Suisse

Getting the Interview

452 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was On-Campus Hiring so I applied through College recruitment portal. They shortlisted 23 students in total. We were invited to dinner the night before the interview (Kind of a networking event). The first round was behavioral. Those selected will have to give 3-4 technical interviews in their NYC office.

Interview Question – It was a behavioral interview so nothing was unexpected. First they went over my resume and asked me about my Internship and project experiences. They stressed on leadership qualities (a lot!) and how I would handle pressure situations. And finally why are you trying to get into a financial company (since my major was Computer Engineering) and why this particular company   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – I had a first-round interview with CS for a summer analyst position. The questions weren't very difficult, but my interviewer was very unpleasant. He didn't seem to want to be there at all, and it was very difficult to engage him. Questions were mostly about my resume and past experiences, a couple of technical questions. Nothing about why I wanted to join CS.

Interview Question – A couple technical questions that I wasn't very well prepared for because I don't have a finance background, but nothing too bad   Answer Question

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – For ER position, there is a first round interview with the recruiting team (usually someone from their HR dept or a current analyst). Like most interviews they ask you to tell them about yourself and walk them through your resume.

Interview Question – If given a $1,000,000 today, what would you invest in and why.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Vice President Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had three interviews lasting approximately 40 to 45 minutes each. The interview questions were 60/40 as to technical knowledge vs. personality, assessing whether or not they thought you would fit into the environment..

Interview Question – What are the steps you would follow when processing a distribution form a Private Equity Fund   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

Interview Details – Seemed like a very nice work environment. The people I met with we're smart, engaging and spoke positively about their experience. Interviews were primarily fit though there were some technical questions. There were a few brain teasers but nothing out of the ordinary. Overall a pleasant experience

Interview Question – Why does Starbucks have so many stores close to one another   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview questions were basic behavioral based questions. Ex( How would you handle this situation....) First interview on campus with one upper level manager, or HR. Second round of interviews in the office. Simple 3 interviews in one day with 3 different upper level managers. All questions behavioral based or resume based.

Interview Question – Which stock would you invest in and why?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – 2x30 minute phone calls

Interview Question – Describe a situation I faced a stressful situation. Asked whether I'm a leader or a team player.   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Intern Interview

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – 1 in person interview at a job conference/fair followed by three half hour phone interviews. Primarily behavioral interview with a few basic questions about object-oriented programming. Also asked which website is my favorite/most frequented. Heard back a week after last interview.

Interview Question – What was a time when you cheated or made a significant mistake and got away with it, and what did you do? What was a time when you were pressured to cheat by someone in charge, and how did you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internship pay standard for all interns

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Interview Details – The job you apply for make sure you can answer every question like a pro. There generally aren't tests, but usually as many as 20 people interviewing for the same role. Be prepared to ace the interview or you won't get the final round.

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter so I did not have any trouble getting the salary range I was seeking.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2010.

Interview Details – Targeted as a junior in college for a 10 week summer internship program. Once completing interviews and being selected for the internship about half of the interns are given the opportunity for full-time employment. The Technical Analyst program is then a two year rotational employment followed by full time entry level employment.

The initial interviews are on campus and are followed up by a day-long series of interviews on site with a variety of managers and recruiters. If an internship offer is extended, then you are assigned a team to work on for 10 weeks in the summer. The team manager's input along with technical analyst program management will evaluate you over the 10 week span and determine wether or not to extend an offer.

Sometimes people are selected to move directly into the Technical Analyst program as fresh college graduates. This is usually to fill in positions that were offered to former interns who did not graduate on time or pursued other endeavors.

Interview Question – The interview was not very technical, but I was required to collaborate with 4 other interviewees and discuss how we would handlle an IT project from a project manager standpoint.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me, offered $55,000 a year with benefits, and then asked if i would like to negotiate. I accepted the offer as presented.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse