Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2015.

Interview

Worst interview process ever seen. Took 5 months and a month for each interview. Whenever checked for update only answer I got was "will let you know next week". When I was offered this position and salary was not at all even close to market, 30% less than market trend. Finally got another offer from a very good company and I moved on.

Linear Rates Quant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Individual one on one interview lasting approx 45 min each. Mix of algorithmic, math and tech questions. Algo questions can be considered brain teasers. Asked to compute complexity of a recursive search algo previously designed. Math questions are on the level of second year calculus. Example tech question: write a simple function to traverse a given list data structure print LIFO order

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First round was at my university followed by a superday in the New York City office. All interviews were mostly behavioral with some general technical questions about data structures, object oriented programming, and polymorphism. I was also asked to go through my resume and about what type of projects I was interested in. I heard back a little over two weeks after the superday that I had an offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone conversation with HR representative, I decided not to move further. They were very nice and fair. She explained their model and platform to me and took the time to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Basics, explained the model and got to know me, my interest.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after having dropped my resume off at a career fair a couple of months before. The recruiter quickly set up a first round phone interview for the next day. This consisted of a mix between personality and programming-specific questions and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was then notified the same day that I was being invited to a face-to-face interview, which was scheduled for the very next day. The face-to-face interview consisted of similar questions as the phone interview. It consisted of three 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about Java lists.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Two technical rounds , almost for 2 hours . The technical rounds starts with basic concepts then the questions gets tougher. After the technical round they directly hire. There is no other formalities

Interview Questions

• Mostly everything was as per job description   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First round: Mainly fit questions, some technical, nothing too hard Dinner the night of the first interview if called back. Super day after that. Pretty much all technical. Quick turnaround for everything.

Interview Questions

Interview

Behavioral interview process. Questions were based on customer interactions and how you would behave when you have a difficult customer. Mock phone calls where your stress level was challenged. Interviewers were calm, but were grading you during the mock phone call

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle them   Answer Question

Money

Information Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career site. Got on campus interview call after 1-2 weeks. It was basically a behavioral interview with some technical question related to past work experience. I was asked about.. Tell me about yourself, Leadership experience , Tell something about past work experience, Have you face any ethical dilemma and how you handled it? Then I was asked about any Software development methodologies you used at your former working place? what are advantages of the one you used there? what are disadvantages of the same? It lasted about 30 mins. It was good experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you face any ethical dilemma and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Any Software development methodologies you used at your former working place?   Answer Question
    • What are their advantages and disadvantages ?   Answer Question

SummerAnalyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview and also a face to face interview in nyc. Both interviews were mostly behavioral, but you should definitely prepare. I think that the best part of it is that you get to meet a lot of different people from the firm, so you have the chance to be liked by at least one person that interviews you. Also, I would recommend keeping in touch with the interviewers after the interview ends. AND DONT forget to send thank you emails to any person that you meet on the interviewing day.