Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2015.

Applied through school mails. Sent my resume and got no reply. Heard from someone who had gone throught their super day that there would be small rooms like cubes. You went there and got interviewed by two interviewers at one time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2015.

Applied to the Singapore office. 3 phone interviews with analysts and associates in Singapore, followed by a super day in NYC. The super day consisted for 4-5 30 min interviews with Managing Directors. The entire process only took a week. Questions ranged from typical behavioral questions, to more complicated and advanced technical concepts.

Financial Analyst Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Applied online, and had to take logical and numerical competency tests first. After, first round interview was online through Webex. Senior manager interviewed me. All the questions were behavioral - there were no technical questions. All the classic questions - why CS, what challenges have you faced, leadership experiences, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Backup Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I did 3 phone interviews. The first interview was some basic technical Netbackup questions from the recruiter. The second interview was fairly technical again with a Director and a senior engineer. The third was very non-technical with the actual hiring manager. All the interviews were laid back and low stress the people seemed great.

Interview Questions
    • I had a mind blank on san transport, but hey that happens sometimes   Answer Question

After verbally agreeing to a salary and relocation package Credit Suisse contacted me to change the agreement. I understand that is a possibility but it is unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Contacted to go up to NYC to the office. First we had this lunch and networking, and then there was a series of interviews. I had three interviews overall, each took about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral/fit questions. Interviewers were nice and I think they did a good job of providing a welcoming and not-too-intense atmosphere so that you felt comfortable before going in to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are six months into your summer internship and I call you into my office, why am I letting you go?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2014.

I applied software developer position through my university's career website, after 2-3 weeks, I took a telephone interview.
    It's a Behavioral/Technical interview. Focus on some simple concepts of programming related with your resume. They are interested in your data structure and algorithm skills. It's just first-round. Not difficult. But I screwed up...

Interview Questions
    • What's the advantages of Object Oriented Programming. What is binary tree? What is merge sort?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2014.

Phone interview for half an hour. After some common questions about my resume two technical questions were asked. I wasn't able to give a solution at first and worked it out after some help. One question is about the value and hedging of forward and another is about the definition and hedging of digital options.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2014.

I interviewed with three bankers from Credit Suisse - Hong Kong office. Female interviewers tend to ask more behavioral questions, while male interviewers tend to ask technical questions, which usually involve financial accounting, company evaluations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Typical question: walk me through three financial statements.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2014.

Applied online, first I had a technical video interview, then a final round in New York with 3 interviews in a row. One was fit questions, the other personality questions and the last one a case study. Easy questions, very straightforward. Once you go there they only want to know who you are rather that what can you actually do.

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Had a phone interview with basic HR questions and discuss some topics relating to resume. Then went to their office to do a super interview session which consisted of three thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with object oriented programming. Classes, objects, attributes.   Answer Question
    • Experience with working in a group, conflict resolution, and handing certain situations.   Answer Question