Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

First round is through my school's career services center, final round in a nearby hotel. First round was pretty much all fit questions, like where did you grow up, what was the biggest challenge you faced, why Credit Suisse, etc. Final round was similar but asked more technical questions, like what do Investment Bankers do, etc.

Information Technology Analyst Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

University Recruiting

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions-what do you like about the company, about your work experience if any, Behavioral questions like difficulties faced while you worked as a team, what is the first thing which will affect if you were to come to the credit suisse office in a day or two...etc

It was normal interaction, but you need to know about the company culture and its services.
        Answer Question

Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

1 telephonic and 3 face to face interviews

Technical Analyst Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

On campus recruiting process. Had an interview one week after resume drop on school recruitment page. Reception the night before interview, learn alot about the job and industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

It was On-Campus Hiring so I applied through College recruitment portal. They shortlisted 23 students in total. We were invited to dinner the night before the interview (Kind of a networking event). The first round was behavioral. Those selected will have to give 3-4 technical interviews in their NYC office.

Interview Questions
    • It was a behavioral interview so nothing was unexpected. First they went over my resume and asked me about my Internship and project experiences. They stressed on leadership qualities (a lot!) and how I would handle pressure situations. And finally why are you trying to get into a financial company (since my major was Computer Engineering) and why this particular company   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I had a first-round interview with CS for a summer analyst position. The questions weren't very difficult, but my interviewer was very unpleasant. He didn't seem to want to be there at all, and it was very difficult to engage him. Questions were mostly about my resume and past experiences, a couple of technical questions. Nothing about why I wanted to join CS.

Interview Questions
    • A couple technical questions that I wasn't very well prepared for because I don't have a finance background, but nothing too bad   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

For ER position, there is a first round interview with the recruiting team (usually someone from their HR dept or a current analyst). Like most interviews they ask you to tell them about yourself and walk them through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • If given a $1,000,000 today, what would you invest in and why.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2010.

I had three interviews lasting approximately 40 to 45 minutes each. The interview questions were 60/40 as to technical knowledge vs. personality, assessing whether or not they thought you would fit into the environment..

Interview Questions
    • What are the steps you would follow when processing a distribution form a Private Equity Fund   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

Seemed like a very nice work environment. The people I met with we're smart, engaging and spoke positively about their experience. Interviews were primarily fit though there were some technical questions. There were a few brain teasers but nothing out of the ordinary. Overall a pleasant experience

Interview Questions
    • Why does Starbucks have so many stores close to one another   Answer Question

2x30 minute phone calls

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation I faced a stressful situation. Asked whether I'm a leader or a team player.   Answer Question