Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

I got an interview through on-campus recruiting (target school). I was asked to do some mental math and brainteasers, which I breezed through. I was also asked some questions on my resume. It was a pretty standard interview for an S&T summer internship. Unfortunately, I did not get a superday.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, but one problem was dividing a 9-digit number by another 9-digit number and guessing what the answer would be (to the nearest integer).   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background. The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes in my Career Development Center but we both started late and finished late. Before the interview, two other representatives were in the waiting room having casual conversations with those of us there. This was definitely relaxing and a good way to learn more about Credit Suisse. The actual interview questions were behavioral, situational, and technical (Java examples). My interviewer was somewhat intimidating, and I could tell when I didn't answer something the way he wanted me to. He also didn't shake my hand after our interview.

Interview Questions

• Java questions were comparing strings and using switch cases.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Division Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole process only took about 3 weeks. The Skype interview was mainly behavioral with a couple technical questions on DCF valuation and WACC. The super day was 2 weeks after the Skype interview and consisted of 3 interviews, all conducted by MD's. Two of the interviews were about half and half (behavioral & technical) and one was pretty much all technical.

Interview Questions

• Information for 2 companies was written on a piece of paper, with the given information I had to calculate various different multiples and then explain conceptually why some of the multiples were different.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice, made the responsibilities of the job clear. He did seem in a rush and didn't ask the type of questions which would yield a firm understanding of my viability as a candidate.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions based on your resume. Had an one and half hour session with three hiring managers. people were so friendly. explained clearly everything about the specific role and the job. no technical questions as such. Overall, it was a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• no questions like that. be sure of what you are giving in your resume.   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Interview

HR calls and helps set up an interview. Once you drive out there was a two person interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. Bring up past experiences from college or part time jobs that answer the questions. All of the questions demonstrate your leadership ability/ability to handle compromising questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers tells you to pick two planets. You pretend one interviewer is from one planet and the other is from another. They then ask you to explain something very simple to them in 60 seconds.   Answer Question

Real Returns Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for Credit Suisse's first attempt at a return-to-work program, called Real Returns. The initial HR phone interview was a standard 30 minutes get- to- know you interview which went very well. I then passed off to another young HR contact to come in to interview on two separate days for two separate internship opportunities. The HR contact could give me no background information on either project team.

The first was for a Risk project that was just getting off the ground and was inappropriate for a 12 week intern program since there was no mapped out objectives for the intern. The second opportunity was more promising but the hiring manager could not get to work that day and sent in a contractor to the interview (who had no real hiring power) rather than rescheduling. A total waste of my time. Rather than a "thanks, but no thanks", I then never heard another word from the company again after giving them two days of my time to interview for a short 12 week internship.

So glad not to have ended up there.

Interview Questions

• When a project manager started asking me case study questions designed for college students.   1 Answer

Quantitative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the summer internship. The recruiting process started with a rather difficult written exam and shortlisted candidates were invited to the phone screening. Final stage is the super day. The questions in the interviews were not as hard.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Originally contacted by HR after online application. Had a quick phone screen and was set up for an in person interview with the hiring manager, followed by subsequent rounds with executives. Have yet to hear back after last set of meetings, so given the length of this process I am assuming no offer is forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - mostly behavioral and aligning your skills to the position sought   Answer Question