Credit Suisse

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Contacted to go up to NYC to the office. First we had this lunch and networking, and then there was a series of interviews. I had three interviews overall, each took about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral/fit questions. Interviewers were nice and I think they did a good job of providing a welcoming and not-too-intense atmosphere so that you felt comfortable before going in to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • You are six months into your summer internship and I call you into my office, why am I letting you go?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

One round on campus and one final round in person. Final round was 3 interviews - 2 two on ones and 1 one on one. Typical investment banking questions with a lot of fit questions. Be prepared to answer why a certain region, group or product.

Interview Questions
    • If a company acquires another company with a lower P/E ratio, is the deal accretive or dilutive?   View Answer
    Standard package, no negotiation.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

All fit, no technical in both 1st round and superday. There was a case interview as one of the superday interviews though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2013.

Applied through school's career services system (I'm at a target)

1st round - 30 min on-campus. Mostly fit, a few basic multiplication questions

Superday - four 30 minute interviews. Usually there were 2 people interviewing me at a time. Basic questions about valuation, accounting, why I wanted to be their slave, arithmetic, stuff that any future monkey should now.

I was too unspecific in my answers and asked some really dumb questions (e.g. how's the weather there?). Don't be dumb.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2011.

First phone call with a senior analyst and then a coffee meet-up with another senior analyst to chat and see if you're a good fit for the group. Then invited a superday, where you meet with five senior bankers. Most of them ask you why banking and want to talk about your background. Then some accounting and finance questions, basics of a leveraged buyout, how does depreciation affect the financial statements, how do you calculate free cash flow, walk me through a DCF

Interview Questions
    • What characteristics in a company do you look for for a good LBO candidate?   View Answer
    No negotiation for investment banking analysts at bulge bracket firms

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2010.

lasted about 40 minutes, 20 minutes fit 20 minutes technical.

very standard questions found in any interview guide.
    behavioral: 3 weakness, give a time when you had to deal with multiple deadlines, why CS, why tech, why SF
    technical: DCF, valuation methods, mutliples, case studies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

initially had 3 phone calls. basic background questions and why you're interested in investment banking. then went to their office in New York for four one-on-one interviews of about 30 minutes each. some interviewers seemed more interested in business experience, calculus skills, financial analysis and accounting skills more than others. some very specific questions about financial statements. others were more interested in motivation and personality type.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

Applied on campus and then went through two rounds of interviews. A mix fit and technical questions. Fairly standard banking questions. Tell me about yourself, why banking, and DCF etc.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how the three financial statements tie together.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2008.

I was first contacted by phone and thats where I had my initial interview. They basically just wanted to hear from me where I`d studied. Later on they asked me to come in for 1:1 interview. Actually there were two people sitting in the room but one guy was just observing. They asked what I was expecting and if I`m a team player. All in all the second interview lasted no more than 30min. They than asked me if I had any other offers or if I was seeking a job opportunity elsewhere. I told them I had another offer and was waiting to hear from them. Three days later they sent me an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume suggests that you may be over-qualified or too experienced for this position. What's Your opinion?   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

First round on campus interview with two associates. Questions about bankruptcy restructuring. Basic dcf and accounting questions. Second round in office. Some questions about company analysis. Some questions about debt. Some behavioral. Six half hour interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about which example companies would be more credit worthy based on sample financials.   Answer Question