Credit Suisse

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – One round on campus and one final round in person. Final round was 3 interviews - 2 two on ones and 1 one on one. Typical investment banking questions with a lot of fit questions. Be prepared to answer why a certain region, group or product.

Interview Question – If a company acquires another company with a lower P/E ratio, is the deal accretive or dilutive?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard package, no negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school's career services system (I'm at a target)

1st round - 30 min on-campus. Mostly fit, a few basic multiplication questions

Superday - four 30 minute interviews. Usually there were 2 people interviewing me at a time. Basic questions about valuation, accounting, why I wanted to be their slave, arithmetic, stuff that any future monkey should now.

I was too unspecific in my answers and asked some really dumb questions (e.g. how's the weather there?). Don't be dumb.

Interview Question – How do you calculate free cash flow?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2011.

Interview Details – First phone call with a senior analyst and then a coffee meet-up with another senior analyst to chat and see if you're a good fit for the group. Then invited a superday, where you meet with five senior bankers. Most of them ask you why banking and want to talk about your background. Then some accounting and finance questions, basics of a leveraged buyout, how does depreciation affect the financial statements, how do you calculate free cash flow, walk me through a DCF

Interview Question – What characteristics in a company do you look for for a good LBO candidate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for investment banking analysts at bulge bracket firms

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – All fit, no technical in both 1st round and superday. There was a case interview as one of the superday interviews though.

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

Interview Details – initially had 3 phone calls. basic background questions and why you're interested in investment banking. then went to their office in New York for four one-on-one interviews of about 30 minutes each. some interviewers seemed more interested in business experience, calculus skills, financial analysis and accounting skills more than others. some very specific questions about financial statements. others were more interested in motivation and personality type.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2010.

Interview Details – lasted about 40 minutes, 20 minutes fit 20 minutes technical.

very standard questions found in any interview guide.
behavioral: 3 weakness, give a time when you had to deal with multiple deadlines, why CS, why tech, why SF
technical: DCF, valuation methods, mutliples, case studies

Interview Question – walk me through a dcf   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by phone and thats where I had my initial interview. They basically just wanted to hear from me where I`d studied. Later on they asked me to come in for 1:1 interview. Actually there were two people sitting in the room but one guy was just observing. They asked what I was expecting and if I`m a team player. All in all the second interview lasted no more than 30min. They than asked me if I had any other offers or if I was seeking a job opportunity elsewhere. I told them I had another offer and was waiting to hear from them. Three days later they sent me an offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – Your resume suggests that you may be over-qualified or too experienced for this position. What's Your opinion?   View Answer

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – First round on campus interview with two associates. Questions about bankruptcy restructuring. Basic dcf and accounting questions. Second round in office. Some questions about company analysis. Some questions about debt. Some behavioral. Six half hour interviews.

Interview Question – Questions about which example companies would be more credit worthy based on sample financials.   Answer Question

Zuoz (Switzerland)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2011.

Interview Details – My school in Switzerland was sponsored by Credit Suisse. I was one of the best students in my Economics class. This gave me a chance to stand out. Interview was very short

Interview Question – Why did I decide to get an internship at Credit Suisse as such an early age? ( I was 16 when I got this internship)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was an intern. For this reason, I worked there for two weeks and 7 hours a day.

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 2 rounds:
1st round - It was on campus recruiting with an Associate and VP. Mostly technical questions and few behavioral
final round - It was at the office with mostly technical questions and fit. met with ~ 5 people from the office with varying positions

Interview Question – Explain minority interest and why you have to incorporate it.   Answer Question

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!