Credit Suisse Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (West Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Typical networking through MBA program followed by first round on campus and super day in the office. It is critical to do many informational interviews in order to get a first round interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical technical IB questions, but heavy on leveraged finance   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Attended several events prior to application. Called for superday. Mainly behavioral questions. Interviewed with 2 EDs, 1 VP and 1 MD. Asked about team conflicts, what scares you the most about banking, why raise debt versus equity, two companies with 2 different debt levels - which ones has higher cost of capital

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2009.

Interview

I interviewed in the NY office after graduating from business school. Their offices are nice but not as nice as some other banks. I met with another associate, two VPs, and two MDs. Overall very professional guys. A mix of quant and fit interviews.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through some models that you made.   1 Answer
    • Tell us a joke.   2 Answers

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call after 1 month. I had a brief phone interview for 25 minutes, and after that I had a 1:1. The 1:1 was challenging and the were very demanding in their questions.