Credit Suisse Investment Banking Operations Graduate Position Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Operations Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Initial communications with a HR person, walked through the competencies needed and how to prepare. Then a phone interview with the same HR person, basic competency questions. Finally an assessment day consisting of a presentation by the people who applied successfully to the same program half a year earlier and interviews with hiring managers. Three interviews, each with two people asking about two competencies. A nice touch was the email before the assessment day outlining the competencies to prepare for and how to behave on the day (reminding about eye contact, limp handshakes etc). The hiring managers were all very nice, a very pleasant experience. However, after the interviews, it took a few weeks to hear back about the positive outcome and even then I was told that it would only be clear in a month what position could be offered within the department. A couple of weeks after the promised deadline, still no word from the company. After I had finally managed to reach a person who would reply to my emails, I was told that they had a hiring freeze and I would not receive an offer. However, they would contact people who had already been interviewed whenever the freeze ends (no end in sight just yet). So everything nice except for the post-assessment communication.

Interview Questions
  • Something along the lines of: Tell about a time you had to do something you found to be morally wrong.   Answer Question

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!