Credit Suisse Interview Questions & Reviews in London, England

43 interviews

2.8

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Hiring process starts with online application form,followed by 2 online psychometric tests-numerical and verbal.Evaluation of the application took approximately 5 weeks after which I was invited to a 2-stage interview happening in one day.I passed the first round and did well in the second round,yet I was turned down the next day.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unusually difficult questions,it was a standard competency-based interview.The only tricky question was about Facebook-the interview was few days after Facebook announced it will go public-and the interviewer asked me whether I would buy their newly issued shares,to which I responded that it would obviously depend on the price.He seemed to dislike the answer and was clearly in favour of buying...We all know what happened to Facebook IPO...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2012.

I networked my way through to an interview. Networking makes breaking through to the interview stage a lot easier as people within the firm will recognise you and try to help you.
    I was rejected because I didn't show them I was completely interested in IT/I didn't show enough passion for it. I am currently studying a mathematics degree. A non-tech focused background makes it harder to make this point come across.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think the current market situation will pan out and how do you think this will affect Credit Suisse.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2012.

Had to fill in a standard application form, no more taxing than any of the other banks. After that was the numerical test. It was a little tricker than the usual SHL tests and I was a bit pushed for time. Passed nevertheless.

I was called for a first round interview a few weeks after. There were three other candidates and we all had 2 1 on 1, 30 minute interviews. They were entirely competency based. They were very laid back and informal. The first interviewer took me through my CV and asked me questions based on that. The second asked me standard competency based questions like when have you made an improvement to a process, why Ops, give me one fact about Credit Suisse etc etc.

Following passing these, I was informed by phone call 3 days later that they would like to invite me to final round. This was to be more of the same. The actual final round took place a week later, and again it comprised of 2, 1 on 1, 30 minute interviews. The first interviewer asked me about my CV again, and threw in a few competency questions. The second was more informal again, and the interviewer spent a good deal of time just telling me about her experiences in CS and why she preferred it to other firms.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over the other two candidates ?   View Answer
    • What do you think about the rogue trader scandal at UBS. Does he deserve 100% of the blame?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if we offered you a summer placement and then put you in a team that you really didn't like?   Answer Question

I also had an offer from Goldman Sachs. This was a really difficult decision for me because CS had been so nice to me throughout and I really enjoyed my interview process with them. But someone told me that I could always go from GS to CS, but it would take more effort to go the other way.

Investment Banking Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2008.

Tough set of qualifying interviews with HR, Hiring managers and later business owners.
    Personality goes and long way as does any prior connection to current employees that are currently "in favour".
    The process of screening backgruond checks and referencing was the most painful. This ended up with me having to produce my GCSE certificate which I had nto set eyes on since 1988.

Interview Questions
    Tough but fair, little bit nerve wracking with small amount of "big bank" pressure to boot.
    Stand your ground is all I can say.

Spring Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Completed the numerical and verbal tests online. Was then invited for telephone interview around 10 days after submitting results. 2 telephone interviews, 1 with an analyst from IB, the other with an analyst from Markets. Mix of competencies and technicals, no brain teasers. HR called with the offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • What's your opinion on the global economy at the moment?   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2012.

Initial phone screen with HR, got invited for a (technical) interview after about 6 weeks, did quite well, but didn't hear from them for some time. Turned out that HR tried to contact me on an invalid email address (that I never gave them - and that was after they set up the first round interview via the correct email address).

Interview Questions
    • Multithreaded lock-free (vs. volatile) synchronisation   Answer Question

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

Recruiter peddled my CV to employer. Had a couple of phone interviews, as I was based abroad at the time. Nothing fancy, just the bog standard "walk me through your CV and highlight the relevant experience for the role".
    Then was called to London for live interviews, which I had to pay for out of my own pocket. They were all similarly unprepared and we went through the same process as the phone interview, where essentially you get to brag about the past experiences and make them as similar as what they want to hear for the role.
    Basically they started by describing the role, and I was pulling out similar experiences, how I solved this and that similar problem, etc, etc.
    I was interviewed by:
    - my direct manager VP (twice, over the phone)
    - an MD from and adjacent team
    - an VP from our supplying team (IT)
    - an AVP from our supplying team (IT)
    - a DIR from our client team (Product Control - however he wasn't directly representing the client; after a full year spent there I still didn't manage to figure out what the hell he was doing there...)
    - an HR contractor

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult or unexpected questions.
      Maybe the "where do you see yourself in the future" was a bit tricky to act out, because I took this job as a stepping stone in London, so I had to act interested in the useless projects tey were trying to drag me in.
        Answer Question
    Non negotiable, very strict, take it or leave it.
    Plus, I wasn't in a strong position to negotiate, anyway.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

The day was split into two parts. The first round there are about 12 of us each seeing 3 associates from different product desks. Questions include motivation, why Sales, why you, tell me a scenario where..., etc. There are some technical questions pertaining to current affairs and FX. There are also some brain teasers.

Then elimination came at mid day and half were gone. The remainders then proceeds to see the MDs. Similar questions but much more personal.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2011.

Following the spring internship, a number of us were invited back to be interviewed for the Summer Internship programme at CS. This consisted of three 1:1 interviews from different departments, meaning you could get an offer from anyone of the three interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of focus on competency, especially the importance of communication.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2010.

Got call from the HR dept that they have an opportunity and if I am interested. I said yes and got fact to face interview with Team Lead and Development manager after a week. Asked general C++ questions and some Linux questions. Had another interview with few senior members of team a week later and they asked some more C++/STL questions. Not that tough. Than another interview with HR which was just a formality I think.

Interview Questions
    • Calling virtual function in the constructor of child class?   Answer Question
    • What happens if exception is thrown from destructor   Answer Question
    I was without job (being made redundant by previous employer) so didn't stressed much. Anyhow it was same compensation as in my last job so not bad I thought.