Credit Suisse Interview Questions in London, England

2.8

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Hiring process starts with online application form,followed by 2 online psychometric tests-numerical and verbal.Evaluation of the application took approximately 5 weeks after which I was invited to a 2-stage interview happening in one day.I passed the first round and did well in the second round,yet I was turned down the next day.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unusually difficult questions,it was a standard competency-based interview.The only tricky question was about Facebook-the interview was few days after Facebook announced it will go public-and the interviewer asked me whether I would buy their newly issued shares,to which I responded that it would obviously depend on the price.He seemed to dislike the answer and was clearly in favour of buying...We all know what happened to Facebook IPO...   Answer Question

Investment Banking Operations Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Initial communications with a HR person, walked through the competencies needed and how to prepare. Then a phone interview with the same HR person, basic competency questions. Finally an assessment day consisting of a presentation by the people who applied successfully to the same program half a year earlier and interviews with hiring managers. Three interviews, each with two people asking about two competencies. A nice touch was the email before the assessment day outlining the competencies to prepare for and how to behave on the day (reminding about eye contact, limp handshakes etc). The hiring managers were all very nice, a very pleasant experience. However, after the interviews, it took a few weeks to hear back about the positive outcome and even then I was told that it would only be clear in a month what position could be offered within the department. A couple of weeks after the promised deadline, still no word from the company. After I had finally managed to reach a person who would reply to my emails, I was told that they had a hiring freeze and I would not receive an offer. However, they would contact people who had already been interviewed whenever the freeze ends (no end in sight just yet). So everything nice except for the post-assessment communication.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of: Tell about a time you had to do something you found to be morally wrong.   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

The day was split into two parts. The first round there are about 12 of us each seeing 3 associates from different product desks. Questions include motivation, why Sales, why you, tell me a scenario where..., etc. There are some technical questions pertaining to current affairs and FX. There are also some brain teasers.

Then elimination came at mid day and half were gone. The remainders then proceeds to see the MDs. Similar questions but much more personal.

Relationships Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2011.

After arranging a time and day for the phone interview. I received a call from a lady (perhaps there were others listening). She asked me the regular 'fit' type of questions. Why Wealth Management? Why Credit Suisse? I talked about the Credit Suisse Platform and then she immediately tried to asses which type of clients I would be suited for - financial sector, UHNW. Which geography? The interview went well and I was granted two subsequent phone interviews with individuals on the london desk and the luxembourg desk. They said they would get in touch with me and never did.

After having sent emails to schedule these meetings I received no response for 3 weeks!!!!
    Finally a response to say that the team had felt that, despite the interviewers enthusiasm for me to meet more people from the firm, the team felt that I was not right..????

Verdict: An Inconsistent and unprofessional handing of the situation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you persist in order to book a client? What type of things would you do?   Answer Question

Investment Banking & Global Markets Solutions Group Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2011.

Planning: Read Investment Banking by Rosenbaum etc, looked up CS deals, kept up to date with the news etc and mergers on deal book. Went to all the campus events for CS and networked.

Interview consisted of a case study and three interviews after that (one was based on the case study but we only spent a few minutes on it). There were two people in each interview. It was a final round (2nd round)

The people in the Interview were friendly, accomodating and seemed to do their best to make everyone relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • What are you're views on the Macroeconomic environment and the eurozone debt crisis? What are your views on Greece. If you had to choose one place, any, where would you invest your money right now?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a team? Tell me of a time you were in a leadership role? Tell me a time when you had to deal with a new situation and you had little information to work with?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2011.

I had three 1:1 interviews and all of them tested different capabilities; motivation, achievements (leadership, team work et cetera) technical competency. The interviewers were really friendly and polite and I liked the atmosphere. There were almost 20 of us in the same room waiting for our own turn and competing on the same position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2011.

Following the spring internship, a number of us were invited back to be interviewed for the Summer Internship programme at CS. This consisted of three 1:1 interviews from different departments, meaning you could get an offer from anyone of the three interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of focus on competency, especially the importance of communication.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2010.

There are four 1:1 interviews with 2 MDs, 1 VP and 1 analyst. The interview with the analyst is based on your writen test. The writen test is taken before the interviews: it describes a situation where you must make a financial choice. You should justify your choice because the information given is incomplete.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are a leader? Please demonstrate a scenario showing your leadership   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2010.

One interview with two managers in internal meeting rooms. Meeting was taken place on a work floor, so have a good opportunity to view the atmosphere, the environment, the culture of the office. Was waiting in the floor reception for more than 15 mins, but later they explained why It was a business day for them. Nice interviewers, harmony environment. definitely a good place to work at.

Technical questions included models, pricing methods etc. and some general questions.

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2010.

Got the interview through a headhunter, was organised as a video conference as I am based outside the UK. Interviewed by two senior managers in IA, lasted about 1.15hrs. Whole thing was very friendly, no trick questions. First half of interview focused on my past experience, motivation for applying to each place I had worked, motivation for leaving, why internal audit? why credit suisse? why London?

Second half was more technical- what risks is credit suisse facing? what controls should in place to mitigate such risks? what investment products are you familiar with?

Then 5/10mins for me to ask questions, during which they really sold the culture and environment at CS. It sounds a great place to work- disappointed I didn't get further in the process.