Credit Suisse Product Controller Interview Questions

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2013.

Mostly behavioral based questions and mostly unprofessional. It is funny how someone else had the almost the exact same experience interviewing with this company. It was 2 interviews for 2 different positions. The first I interviewed with 4 people (1 on 1). Straight forward behavioral based questions. I got a lot of "good answers". Also tried to connect on a personal level with all the interviewers. Didn't get an offer but the staffing agent called me 2 days after and told me I did not get it. On to the second interview for a different job. This interview had 3 people. The first woman who came in which I am sure is the exact same woman from another review was completely unprofessional and I could tell she could careless about me or the interview. Introduced herself for 1 minute, asked if I had any questions (I had two and another 1 minute) and then said she had a meeting and just left. I had a nice woman next and got "good answer" and "that's a great attitude to have" then a very pushy woman. She asked me what I know about Credit Suisse and I told her the little I knew about it then she basically stood on a pedestal and talked about how she went to ECU and her goal was to work at Credit Suisse, and how she knew everything about the company, and how she got the job in 2007 (right before the greatest recession we have had since the Great Depression. Lucky her I guess). That's about it. Once again more behavioral based questions with completely rude interviewers except a few. My advise is to skip this company unless you know someone working there because I'm sure they are just hiring friends and family. I just graduated with my MBA applying for these entry level positions. Also, never even heard back from the staffing agent or Credit Suisse after the second rejection. I didn't try to contact them because they didn't take the interview seriously and I knew I didn't get it right after I walked out the door. Two unprofessional interviews, a couple of "good answers" and one "great attitude", commuting all the way from Winston-Salem, wasted gas and time, and not one job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Product Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2008.

I initially applied via the company job website, and was contacted by an HR rep for a qualifying interview. I was asked several questions related to my prior job and education history, and was told that the company would be in touch. Several days later another HR rep contacted me to schedule the in person interview.

I interviewed with two people from the department the job was with, as well as a phone interview with someone located at a different site. The following day I was contacted at home for an additional phone interview. The day after that, a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was handled over the phone and focused on salary requirements. When considering an offer, take into account total compensation including profit sharing and bonus potential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2008.

The interview process was quite easy. I had no prior experience in the field and I was interviewed on two separate occasions by a total of 6 people. The format was easy and I was initially offered the position as a consultant until a full time spot opened up.

Aim higher when negotiating so that at least you get a decent increase. Do your research before negotiating how much a person with your experience gets paid in the area you are currently looking for work. Try to negotiate a little more than that if you can. The idea is to be at least on the avg of the salary range. Being overpaid, while may prove beneficial initially, may target you as the first person to be laid off when the going gets tough and the company needs to cut costs.

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2013.

First an interview over the phone, next stage meeting at the comp's office w/ HR and a manager. Nice atmosphere, standard questions

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions.... Your strongest/weakest points. How would you convince someone to do sth   Answer Question

Product Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2010.

The person who conducted the phone interview with me was from the human resource department. I was asked to explain what my current role entails, during which I tried to highlight as many skills as possible which would likely be relevant to the position I applied for which is in product control. other questions also include reason for wanting to move out of my current role and what my strengths are.

Product Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2009.

1 round interview perhapes due to my previous contract role with the firm, Interview direct with hiring manager who decide on the hire immediately.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your experience   View Answer
    • WHy do you choose to leave your existing firm and join us?   View Answer
    Yes. BE firm and do not accept first offer from HR.