Credit Suisse

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite easy. I had no prior experience in the field and I was interviewed on two separate occasions by a total of 6 people. The format was easy and I was initially offered the position as a consultant until a full time spot opened up.

Negotiation Details – Aim higher when negotiating so that at least you get a decent increase. Do your research before negotiating how much a person with your experience gets paid in the area you are currently looking for work. Try to negotiate a little more than that if you can. The idea is to be at least on the avg of the salary range. Being overpaid, while may prove beneficial initially, may target you as the first person to be laid off when the going gets tough and the company needs to cut costs.

Product Controller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2008.

Interview Details – I initially applied via the company job website, and was contacted by an HR rep for a qualifying interview. I was asked several questions related to my prior job and education history, and was told that the company would be in touch. Several days later another HR rep contacted me to schedule the in person interview.

I interviewed with two people from the department the job was with, as well as a phone interview with someone located at a different site. The following day I was contacted at home for an additional phone interview. The day after that, a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was handled over the phone and focused on salary requirements. When considering an offer, take into account total compensation including profit sharing and bonus potential.

Wrocław (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2013.

Interview Details – First an interview over the phone, next stage meeting at the comp's office w/ HR and a manager. Nice atmosphere, standard questions

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.... Your strongest/weakest points. How would you convince someone to do sth   Answer Question

Product Controller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1 round interview perhapes due to my previous contract role with the firm, Interview direct with hiring manager who decide on the hire immediately.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experience   View Answer
  • WHy do you choose to leave your existing firm and join us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes. BE firm and do not accept first offer from HR.

Product Controller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in June 2010.

Interview Details – The person who conducted the phone interview with me was from the human resource department. I was asked to explain what my current role entails, during which I tried to highlight as many skills as possible which would likely be relevant to the position I applied for which is in product control. other questions also include reason for wanting to move out of my current role and what my strengths are.

Interview Question – What is your current role?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse Product Controller interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.