Credit Suisse

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview questions were basic behavioral based questions. Ex( How would you handle this situation....) First interview on campus with one upper level manager, or HR. Second round of interviews in the office. Simple 3 interviews in one day with 3 different upper level managers. All questions behavioral based or resume based.

Interview Question – Which stock would you invest in and why?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2010.

Interview Details – Targeted as a junior in college for a 10 week summer internship program. Once completing interviews and being selected for the internship about half of the interns are given the opportunity for full-time employment. The Technical Analyst program is then a two year rotational employment followed by full time entry level employment.

The initial interviews are on campus and are followed up by a day-long series of interviews on site with a variety of managers and recruiters. If an internship offer is extended, then you are assigned a team to work on for 10 weeks in the summer. The team manager's input along with technical analyst program management will evaluate you over the 10 week span and determine wether or not to extend an offer.

Sometimes people are selected to move directly into the Technical Analyst program as fresh college graduates. This is usually to fill in positions that were offered to former interns who did not graduate on time or pursued other endeavors.

Interview Question – The interview was not very technical, but I was required to collaborate with 4 other interviewees and discuss how we would handlle an IT project from a project manager standpoint.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me, offered $55,000 a year with benefits, and then asked if i would like to negotiate. I accepted the offer as presented.

Operations Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very cut and dry process - one hour interview, split into two separate ones. First had two people in it - asked extremely boring questions, weaknesses, strengths, how do you go about solving a problem, leadership, etc. Second asked similar questions. Overall, it was an easy interview, however it showed a lack of creativity on their part and did not seem like an exciting job at all.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The department the job was in did not seem like a good fit - the people who interviewed seemed boring.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was initiated by human resources. Afterwards, I was interviewed by my direct manager. Interviews with Credit Sufisse will vary greatly due to the fact that it will be your direct manager interviewing you. Mine interview was very simple and just consisted of my manager running through my resume and asking various questions.

Interview Question – I had no difficult or unexpected questions during my interview. Just be prepared to "sell" yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not permitted any negotiation. I was informed of my salary and benefits before the interview.

Internship Summer Analyst-Finance Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details – I found the listing for the summer internship on my school's webpage after representatives came in to speak to my class. I applied to Credit Suisse and was scheduled for an on campus interview the following week. Between the first and second round of interviews I attended an information session detailing the functions and responsibilities of their finance department. I have yet to attend the second round of interviews.

Operations Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview. Operations is an easy job to land. Just have a strong resume hilighting time management, organization, and leadership. Don't mention front-office in interview. That pisses them of.

Why Operations? I said i like seeing things from start to finish. I like to try and make things more efficient.

Architect or builder ( or some other stupid question)?
builder - have a vision, manage, and sit back and be able to accomplishment.

Interview Question – Picked out random positions from my resume and tested me on them.
Asked me questions about where i saw myself in ten years at CS.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $20/hr in rdu

IT Support Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR to setup a technical phone interview with 3 people from the team. Questions were basic technical questions related to "what would you do in this situation" scenarios. So unless you had experience handling these type of issues you would not have been able to answer the questions. Make sure your knowledge reflects what is on your resume. A second in person panel interview was given. This time I met with 2 of the people I had previously talked to on the phone and the hiring manager. This was a typical interview about my experience, career goals, and how I would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They did not offer to cover relocation expenses. So I was able to negotiate a substantial salary increase from my current position.

IB Operations - Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2011.

Interview Details – I originally located the IB Operations - Analyst - Fixed Income position on Doostang, but I applied via the Credit Suisse (CS) website. I was subsequently contacted over the phone by a CS "Talent Acquisition Specialist" located in New York City (NYC). He did a short 5 minute screening on why I wanted to work for CS. A few days later I received an email from a Coordinator to schedule a number of interviews. I applied to only one position, but I was considered for two...

IB Operations - Analyst - Fixed Income:
2.5 hrs of phone interviews with 3 Analysts, 1 Assistant Vice President, 1 Vice President

IB Operations - Analyst - Cross Product Settlements:
1.5 hrs of phone interviews with 1 Analyst, 1 AVP, 1 VP

All of these interviews were squeezed into one day at my request. "Coordinator" was kind and able to work around my current job schedule. She was easily reachable and responded quickly to emails and phone calls.

Positions were both located in Raleigh, NC, but some of the interviews were with AVP or VP's from the New York City office. All interviews were done individually (1:1) over the phone via a dial-in 800 number. Questions for both interviews were essentially the same. Here are some of the questions for the Cross Product Settlements position.

Interviews were conducted on a Wednesday between 9am and 2pm PST.

Analyst:
He mostly described the position to me and gave a good background of the firm.

Tell me a little about yourself.

AVP:
Why Credit Suisse?

Why Operations?

Why do you want to relocate to Raleigh?

Tell me about a time when you showed client service skills.

Tell me about a time when you were in a group with a person who did not want to work as a team, and how did you deal with the situation?

Who is more important to you, the architect or the builder?

How well do you know Excel? (Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced? (See description below)
Beginner - You can open a spreadsheet, add some cells, subtract, etc.
Intermediate - You can use SUM, IF statements, VLOOKUP, Write formulas, etc.
Advanced - You can do the above but also write/edit/troubleshoot Macros

VP:
Tell me about a time when you completed an assignment that didn't benefit yourself.

Tell me about a time when you were treated unfairly and how you dealt with it.

Tell me about a time when you dealt with someone who was very difficult to work with.

Received a call Friday from a CS recruiter in Raleigh I had never spoken with. She described the following...

The Offer:
40,000 USD base salary
Half-time over time (approx. $9/hr for all work done over 40hrs)
Bonus eligible (5-8% of base salary)
15 days paid vacation
11 paid holidays
12 sick days
Health Care: Blue Cross/Blue Shield
401(k) (with up to $3,000/yr matching)
Cafeteria (Necessary given the building's physical location)

Interview Question – Who is more important to you, the architect or the builder?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable likely because of the poor economy and large candidate pool.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the Summer IT Analyst position. The first on-campus interview was really relaxed. It consisted of two employees (one manager and one technical analyst). It was a thirty minute conversation about my past jobs and my skills. They pretty much tried to gauge their interest in you, nothing too difficult. The second interview was an all day event called "Super Day" where you participate in tons of interviews. Breakfast with managers from most of the groups, then three thirty minute interviews over the course of the day. There's also a group project that you and 4-5 others have to create and present all in thirty minutes.

Interview Question – What is the most challenging thing you've done at X company?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview involved a one on one interview on campus, followed by a full-day interview process in the office. This involved several more one on one interviews, a tour of the facility, and a group project where we were given 45 minutes to create and give a presentation on a specific topic.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse interview questions and advice in Raleigh, NC. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.