Credit Suisse

2.5

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

campus recruiting, first round interview, super day

Recruiting officer was super helpful, and an amazing at her job! She truly cares about helping you get a position!

first round 1v1

final round 3 1v1

Interview Questions
    • difference between two different programming languages   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Received a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview itself lasted about 15 minutes and was very relaxed. Was then contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Interviewed with hiring manager and team leader. Both were very relaxed and it felt like a conversation rather than being grilled.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about problem solving where they want specific examples. Most unexpected was probably "when was a time you had to work hard to achieve something you believed in."   View Answer
    They offer a standard starting salary to everyone and it was higher than I expected, so I did not try to negotiate.

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2014.

Applied online at the suggestion of a friend. I was emailed a month and a half later to ask if I was still interested in the IT internship, to which I responded yes. Phone call (not interview) a few days later with the recruiter, where I got more information about the company and internship, and we also set up a 30 minute behavioral phone interview the next day with an interviewer.

Overzealous interviewer, the 30 minute interview ended up running 1 hour, 15 minutes. Wasn't just behavioral either, I got asked questions about Java and Infrastructure stuff as well. Behavioral questions such as:
    -Tell me about a situation where ethics were concerned. What happened, and how did you handle it
    -Why do you want to work at Credit Suisse
    -Why IT (what led you to look for an IT internship)
    -Tell me a bit about yourself
    And then there was a problem solving question:
    -As a Public Transportation employee, how do you figure out how much salt to put down on the roads before a big snowstorm
    And then we started into technical questions:
    -What are some features of a good password?
    -In Java, what is the difference between .equals() and ==
    -What are some object oriented features in Java
    -Describe some things to consider when designing a High Availability system
    -Describe some important Disaster Recovery practices

All in all, I was told this was a 30 minute behavioral interview and then this happened. I was very surprised, and I hadn't been prepared to answer the Java or HA or DR questions so I thought I failed.

I was then emailed the next week and was invited to come to the company's Super Day on-site in Raleigh. I accepted, and flew out the following week. The Super Day was only 2.5 hours and consisted of the following:
    -Informal, relaxed breakfast with Vice Presidents and Directors of IT
    -2 30 minute behavioral/resume interviews with different interviewers - We went over my resume, I talked about projects that I worked on and the course work I had done so far. There were questions asking me about situations and how I handled them regarding leadership and how I convinced others to do things my way, conflicts on my team, ethical issues that arose, how I managed a time I screwed up, etc
    -1 30 minute Technical Assessment (TA) interview - I had thought that this was going to be a whiteboard interview but it ended up being an interview where I was given a situation and told to describe various things to consider when doing certain things. If you are in charge of managing a project that is upgrading a large number of computers to new software/hardware, talk about what you would consider when: giving a presentation to a board of your superiors, how you would tell the customer what's changing, how you would reduce cost if forced to, how (post-production) you would fix bugs (analysis, prioritization, etc), and other sorts of situational questions.

We then got a short tour of the building with some previous intern-now-employees, and then were sent on our way.
    All in all, the Super Day was a really amazing, fun, and pleasant experience.
    Responses/offers were given within a week of the Super Day.

Edit: I ended up being called by a gentleman in the IT Level 2 Support office for a brief 15 minute informal chat. I was called by another person the next week saying that I had been rejected.

Interview Questions
    • I was really unprepared for the technical questions in my behavioral phone interview, as I was specifically told that it was going to be behavioral.   Answer Question

Business Reference Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2014.

Was invited to come in to interview at the Raleigh office. The HR guy who escorted me in was very nice and brought me into the interview room. I waited probably around 15 min or so and the first lady came in and started off a basic behavioral question interview. The questions were easy and typical of this type of interview, but the lady kept texting on her phone while I was talking. I paused for a moment mid-answer because she wasn't listening, and she said she was sorry and that she had a meeting or something coming up. Regardless, she kept doing it periodically to the end. When it was my time to ask questions, she said she had to go. This was very unprofessional and I was about to call her out on it, but realized my place and decided to pretend everything was fine.

The next lady who came in greeted me and begin more behavioral interview questions. She seemed a bit pushy with some questions, but at least she paid attention to me and wasn't texting on her phone. When it was my time to ask questions, I was only able to ask about 2 before she also had to leave.

Overall this was by far the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. Texting during an interview is completely unacceptable. Also, If they can't schedule enough time for the interviewee to ask questions, then reschedule. Also, I tried reaching out several times to follow up with Credit Suisse and to this day, I have gotten no response. Also, this was 1 of 2 separate positions I have interviewed for, and I still do not get a response.

Fortunately, I landed a job with a bank with better ethical background.

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

They came to my school and I had an initial interview on campus. Thought it went horrible but then I was invited for the second round and the Job Family expo at the company. Didn't make it to that event because I had a conference to go to and I left that night. Final round of interviews consisted of 4 30 minute interviews(Including a technical interview) at the company. We had lunch with the managers and current employees then we broke into the interviews. I thought the behavioral interviews went well. I was not prepared for the technical interview and the HR contact basically told us we couldn't prepare for it. The technical interview was the worst interview I've ever had. It was my first one and I thought the questions that were ask were not something a college student looking for an intern position with no experience at Credit Suisse could answer. I didn't get the job and found out about 2 hours after my last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Everything that was asked during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Applied online, had a phone interview, and then visited the office for a "super day". Had two behavioral interviews and one case study interview. They asked fairly simple behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Pay and start time was set.

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2013.

Mostly behavioral based questions and mostly unprofessional. It is funny how someone else had the almost the exact same experience interviewing with this company. It was 2 interviews for 2 different positions. The first I interviewed with 4 people (1 on 1). Straight forward behavioral based questions. I got a lot of "good answers". Also tried to connect on a personal level with all the interviewers. Didn't get an offer but the staffing agent called me 2 days after and told me I did not get it. On to the second interview for a different job. This interview had 3 people. The first woman who came in which I am sure is the exact same woman from another review was completely unprofessional and I could tell she could careless about me or the interview. Introduced herself for 1 minute, asked if I had any questions (I had two and another 1 minute) and then said she had a meeting and just left. I had a nice woman next and got "good answer" and "that's a great attitude to have" then a very pushy woman. She asked me what I know about Credit Suisse and I told her the little I knew about it then she basically stood on a pedestal and talked about how she went to ECU and her goal was to work at Credit Suisse, and how she knew everything about the company, and how she got the job in 2007 (right before the greatest recession we have had since the Great Depression. Lucky her I guess). That's about it. Once again more behavioral based questions with completely rude interviewers except a few. My advise is to skip this company unless you know someone working there because I'm sure they are just hiring friends and family. I just graduated with my MBA applying for these entry level positions. Also, never even heard back from the staffing agent or Credit Suisse after the second rejection. I didn't try to contact them because they didn't take the interview seriously and I knew I didn't get it right after I walked out the door. Two unprofessional interviews, a couple of "good answers" and one "great attitude", commuting all the way from Winston-Salem, wasted gas and time, and not one job offer.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2013.

Interview questions were basic behavioral based questions. Ex( How would you handle this situation....) First interview on campus with one upper level manager, or HR. Second round of interviews in the office. Simple 3 interviews in one day with 3 different upper level managers. All questions behavioral based or resume based.

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

I was contacted by HR to setup a technical phone interview with 3 people from the team. Questions were basic technical questions related to "what would you do in this situation" scenarios. So unless you had experience handling these type of issues you would not have been able to answer the questions. Make sure your knowledge reflects what is on your resume. A second in person panel interview was given. This time I met with 2 of the people I had previously talked to on the phone and the hiring manager. This was a typical interview about my experience, career goals, and how I would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions
    They did not offer to cover relocation expenses. So I was able to negotiate a substantial salary increase from my current position.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

Easy interview. Operations is an easy job to land. Just have a strong resume hilighting time management, organization, and leadership. Don't mention front-office in interview. That pisses them of.

Why Operations? I said i like seeing things from start to finish. I like to try and make things more efficient.

Architect or builder ( or some other stupid question)?
    builder - have a vision, manage, and sit back and be able to accomplishment.

Interview Questions
    • Picked out random positions from my resume and tested me on them.
      Asked me questions about where i saw myself in ten years at CS.

Answer Question