Credit Suisse Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first called to discuss some of the things I filled out in the application form and was asked when the earliest time I could start. I was also asked about my background and how I found out about Credit Suisse.

Interview Questions

• Earliest time you could start   1 Answer

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

First interview was at my university. Consisted of one 30 minute interview. 15 minutes were spent talking about the company, 10 minutes was going over my resume, and 5 minutes were for questions. Heard back that night that I made it to final interviews. Went to an optional Q&A and office tour that Friday. Then had my final round interview the next week, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews and another tour after. This interview consisded mainly of going over your resume and asking you basic questions such as biggest challenge, weaknesses and strengths etc. Overall the interviewers were very friendly and happy to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing 5 years from now. Biggest strength, weakness, and challenge. What do investment banks do. Talk about a time where group work was necessary. A time you failed and what you did to fix it. A time where you had to go against ethics when making a decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No contact negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Application online, first round interview on campus, info session at credit Suisse and then second round interview at Credit Suisse.
    My interviews went well, I felt like we all got a long great! Defiantly don't sole yourself out, this is just like any other interview! Know your resume and why you want to work here as well as in this role. Know long term and short term goals, be able to just talk about yourself freely and be able to have interesting hobbies! I didn't get it, but made it to final rounds. Great company with mostly great people, but highly competitive! Only take 6 interns in Raleigh location.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

campus recruiting, first round interview, super day

Recruiting officer was super helpful, and an amazing at her job! She truly cares about helping you get a position!

first round 1v1

final round 3 1v1

Interview Questions

• difference between two different programming languages   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online at the suggestion of a friend. I was emailed a month and a half later to ask if I was still interested in the IT internship, to which I responded yes. Phone call (not interview) a few days later with the recruiter, where I got more information about the company and internship, and we also set up a 30 minute behavioral phone interview the next day with an interviewer.

Overzealous interviewer, the 30 minute interview ended up running 1 hour, 15 minutes. Wasn't just behavioral either, I got asked questions about Java and Infrastructure stuff as well. Behavioral questions such as:
    -Tell me about a situation where ethics were concerned. What happened, and how did you handle it
    -Why do you want to work at Credit Suisse
    -Why IT (what led you to look for an IT internship)
    -Tell me a bit about yourself
    And then there was a problem solving question:
    -As a Public Transportation employee, how do you figure out how much salt to put down on the roads before a big snowstorm
    And then we started into technical questions:
    -What are some features of a good password?
    -In Java, what is the difference between .equals() and ==
    -What are some object oriented features in Java
    -Describe some things to consider when designing a High Availability system
    -Describe some important Disaster Recovery practices

All in all, I was told this was a 30 minute behavioral interview and then this happened. I was very surprised, and I hadn't been prepared to answer the Java or HA or DR questions so I thought I failed.

I was then emailed the next week and was invited to come to the company's Super Day on-site in Raleigh. I accepted, and flew out the following week. The Super Day was only 2.5 hours and consisted of the following:
    -Informal, relaxed breakfast with Vice Presidents and Directors of IT
    -2 30 minute behavioral/resume interviews with different interviewers - We went over my resume, I talked about projects that I worked on and the course work I had done so far. There were questions asking me about situations and how I handled them regarding leadership and how I convinced others to do things my way, conflicts on my team, ethical issues that arose, how I managed a time I screwed up, etc
    -1 30 minute Technical Assessment (TA) interview - I had thought that this was going to be a whiteboard interview but it ended up being an interview where I was given a situation and told to describe various things to consider when doing certain things. If you are in charge of managing a project that is upgrading a large number of computers to new software/hardware, talk about what you would consider when: giving a presentation to a board of your superiors, how you would tell the customer what's changing, how you would reduce cost if forced to, how (post-production) you would fix bugs (analysis, prioritization, etc), and other sorts of situational questions.

We then got a short tour of the building with some previous intern-now-employees, and then were sent on our way.
    All in all, the Super Day was a really amazing, fun, and pleasant experience.
    Responses/offers were given within a week of the Super Day.

Edit: I ended up being called by a gentleman in the IT Level 2 Support office for a brief 15 minute informal chat. I was called by another person the next week saying that I had been rejected.

Interview Questions

• I was really unprepared for the technical questions in my behavioral phone interview, as I was specifically told that it was going to be behavioral.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Received a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview itself lasted about 15 minutes and was very relaxed. Was then contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Interviewed with hiring manager and team leader. Both were very relaxed and it felt like a conversation rather than being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about problem solving where they want specific examples. Most unexpected was probably "when was a time you had to work hard to achieve something you believed in."   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer a standard starting salary to everyone and it was higher than I expected, so I did not try to negotiate.

Business Reference Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Was invited to come in to interview at the Raleigh office. The HR guy who escorted me in was very nice and brought me into the interview room. I waited probably around 15 min or so and the first lady came in and started off a basic behavioral question interview. The questions were easy and typical of this type of interview, but the lady kept texting on her phone while I was talking. I paused for a moment mid-answer because she wasn't listening, and she said she was sorry and that she had a meeting or something coming up. Regardless, she kept doing it periodically to the end. When it was my time to ask questions, she said she had to go. This was very unprofessional and I was about to call her out on it, but realized my place and decided to pretend everything was fine.

The next lady who came in greeted me and begin more behavioral interview questions. She seemed a bit pushy with some questions, but at least she paid attention to me and wasn't texting on her phone. When it was my time to ask questions, I was only able to ask about 2 before she also had to leave.

Overall this was by far the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. Texting during an interview is completely unacceptable. Also, If they can't schedule enough time for the interviewee to ask questions, then reschedule. Also, I tried reaching out several times to follow up with Credit Suisse and to this day, I have gotten no response. Also, this was 1 of 2 separate positions I have interviewed for, and I still do not get a response.

Fortunately, I landed a job with a bank with better ethical background.

Information Technology Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter at our school career fair. She was nice and inviting. I got invited for a social dinner for possible intern hires and an interview. The interview itself wasn't bad, but I knew I was the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why is your GPA the way it is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

They came to my school and I had an initial interview on campus. Thought it went horrible but then I was invited for the second round and the Job Family expo at the company. Didn't make it to that event because I had a conference to go to and I left that night. Final round of interviews consisted of 4 30 minute interviews(Including a technical interview) at the company. We had lunch with the managers and current employees then we broke into the interviews. I thought the behavioral interviews went well. I was not prepared for the technical interview and the HR contact basically told us we couldn't prepare for it. The technical interview was the worst interview I've ever had. It was my first one and I thought the questions that were ask were not something a college student looking for an intern position with no experience at Credit Suisse could answer. I didn't get the job and found out about 2 hours after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• Everything that was asked during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview, and then visited the office for a "super day". Had two behavioral interviews and one case study interview. They asked fairly simple behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Pay and start time was set.