Credit Suisse Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2010.

I got a call from HR asking for setting up a time for first round of interview.

I had 3 rounds of interview. Luckily all telephonic interviews as I far away from the office location.

1st Interview was done by technical manager who did 30 minutes of interview with both technical and behavioral questions. Both technical and behavioral questions were good and manager accessed me through them. He told me they will do another round of interview.

The 2nd interview was all technical in Java and .NET. The manager was architect and grilled me well with all the practical scenarios and coding question and few behavioral. It went for 1 hr.

The 3rd one mix of both technical and behavioral and it went for 1 hr.

You need to know your technical stuff and answer behavioral questions well. The interviewers are very qualified people and analyze candidates quickly and well. You need to be prompt in answering and to the point answer as they don't have whole day for you.

Don't reschedule or cancel your interview or try to give answers to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • What are recursive function advantage and disadvantages   View Answer
  • What is the difference between log4j and java logging api.   View Answer
Nope. I was told what I am offered is not negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2009.

I got a phone interview - which had technical question on Java and J2ee. I was then called for a 1:1 interview. Had a video conferece with London and NY. and also had face-to-face interview in person.

All of them were technical questions - for c#, .NEt, java, Perl, SQL and database optimization

Interview Questions
    • it was mainly prepared questions about java , J2ee & pers   View Answer
    it was bad. there was an HR person who was there at that time - she is worst person to deal with for salary neg.. I got a bad deal. later I spoke to others in the firm who had to deal with her. they all said the same. Good news is that HR person is no longer there.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

1 round of telephone interview, Written test, Panel Interview, Manager Interview and finally HR Interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you enable downloading of a very large file to client machine using java servlet technology?   View Answer
    I was offered close to what I asked for, so no negotiations were done.

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!