Credit Suisse Interview Questions in Singapore

2.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

The hiring process is as this:
    Doing verbal/quantitative questions online -> submit resume -> receive a call and schedule interview time -> phone interview -> onsite interview (including presentation, 1:1 interview, group interview) -> second onsite interview (business case analysis) -> get the offer

Interview Questions
    • no technical interviews, although i applied a technical job   Answer Question

Temenos GLOBUS/T24 Technical Consultant, Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Hiring process for my recent application to Credit Suisse began with an agency in Singapore processing my profile. They processed it for 35 days, then came back with the interview date fixed after another couple of weeks.

Interview was straight forward, pointing to my experience. However it was challenging at certain instances. Surprised that there were no scenario based questions for a banking/IT position. I was expecting the scenario based questions, but it was not asked.

Client expressed positive review in the interview. They even explained what they were up to. I only had to ask what would be the role and the career path from then on.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult/unexpected questions, I was a past employee, I know things that are happening around in Credit Suisse.   Answer Question
    Pros: Excellent private banking client, setup has a standard across regions. CS always prefers past employees and contractors for any roles, as they already have a good idea of their setup. The knowledge you can gain from working with CS would definitely shape your career.

Cons: Mostly CS has budget issues and financial problems across Private Banking and Investment Banking. It is not encouraged to take up contract roles with CS, as it is the most vulnerable position at any CS office. I have seen 15 contractors(working with CS for over 4 yrs) getting fired on a single day, for cost-cutting reasons.

Things to watch: You must have good negotiating skills. If you are an experienced IT professional, and if it is your first interview with CS, only quote a market rate salary and benefits, nothing less. Do not negotiate unless they say it is very very difficult(They normally say, it is over our budget or something, then you can negotiate). Also, please check with them on the available benefits, currently they have removed most of the benefits for employees which were available in the past.

Since there would definitely be some cost-cutting across the IT sector, it is not advised to negotiate a lot on the expected financials. It is not worth it. You WILL get a pay cut or allowance cut sometime in the future, if you are with the same CS entity.

IT Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

initial phone interview and then followed by one on one discussion, then it takes a about 1 to 2 weeks to complete the interview for other candidate and then based on selection people will be called upon.

Interview Questions
    • analytical questions are unexpected based on scnearios   View Answer

Product Control Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2014.

First round is a group assessment - You will be asked to discuss a social issue with your fellow candidates and to make a short presentation following the discussion. After that, there is a short Q&A session with the panel. There are time limits stipulated for each section - brainstorming, group discussion, presentation, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult. However, it is unclear how the candidates are being judged based upon. Obviously doing things to stand out would be helpful but not the only factor in their selection process.   Answer Question

Product Control Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Group Assessment followed by individual interviews

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Recruiter found my CV online, e-mailed me if I was interested in the position, and followed up with a telephone conversation, and what I would consider as a preliminary interview. Was asked questions on my background, past experiences, strengths, weaknesses, how comfortable I as with quantitative analysis, etc. This was followed by an interview with two employees in the division I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard, none out of the ordinary.. e.g. describe a failure.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

They contacted me just around a week after I applied. The first stage was online tests, followed by a case based group interview and then the final interview stage. The final round consisted of two thirty minute interviews,which had very generic, non technical questions. Was contacted after 3-4 days with an offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2013.

First round was a group assessment. A group of candidates was given a discussion topic and told to discuss the topic and deliver a group presentation at the end of it.

The second round was 2 back-to-back 1-on-1 interviews. The interviews were easy and laid-back, but somehow I failed to made it past this round. Maybe I was too relaxed and laidback.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone.   Answer Question

Product Control Industry Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2013.

2 rounds of interviews with 1st round being a group interview and 2nd round consisted of 2 individual interviews. The group interview was easy as topics are non-finance related and very general. Interviews were also nice and friendly. There was a interviewer in the 2nd round who liked to raise very mean behavior questions and very tricky technical questions. High chance of meeting him if you have a quantitative degree. All other interviewers were pretty nice and only gave the most basic behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Choose a topic you are good at from stats, probability, algebra, geometry, ...   Answer Question

Finance Product Control-intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

There were 2 rounds of interviews. The first being a group assessment with 2 HR people and 2 Finance Product Control people sitting as the panel and 6 of us interviewees.

The 2nd interview was 2 half an hour interviews with 2 separate people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to manage a difficult group member how what was the eventually outcome or the current situation with this group member?   View Answers (2)