Credit Suisse Interview Questions in Singapore

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer wasn't very encouraging, but no difficult questions were asked. There are 3 rounds of interview in total, first is 1:1, second is panel and final round is with the boss.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Summer Analyst in Operations online and I had to undergo a Group Assessment Interview where 6 of us had to work on a topic and subsequently present on it.

After the Group Assessment Interview, I went for the Individual Interview, consisting of 2 1-on-1 sessions of around 30 min per interview. One of the interview is based on what is in your resume; the interviewer questioned me about the things I've included in my resume. The other interview is competency based and asked me 5 questions that are not related to my resume at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance where you have done something wrong and nobody noticed.   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

4 rounds in total (additional this year)
    1st round online numerical and verbal test
    2nd round team presentation
    3rd round 2x 1 on 1 interview
    4th round pair programming with manager.

All fairly easy but 4th round pretty tough

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate pay

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The hiring process is as this:
    Doing verbal/quantitative questions online -> submit resume -> receive a call and schedule interview time -> phone interview -> onsite interview (including presentation, 1:1 interview, group interview) -> second onsite interview (business case analysis) -> get the offer

Interview Questions

• no technical interviews, although i applied a technical job   Answer Question

Temenos GLOBUS/T24 Technical Consultant, Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Hiring process for my recent application to Credit Suisse began with an agency in Singapore processing my profile. They processed it for 35 days, then came back with the interview date fixed after another couple of weeks.

Interview was straight forward, pointing to my experience. However it was challenging at certain instances. Surprised that there were no scenario based questions for a banking/IT position. I was expecting the scenario based questions, but it was not asked.

Client expressed positive review in the interview. They even explained what they were up to. I only had to ask what would be the role and the career path from then on.

Interview Questions

• No difficult/unexpected questions, I was a past employee, I know things that are happening around in Credit Suisse.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pros: Excellent private banking client, setup has a standard across regions. CS always prefers past employees and contractors for any roles, as they already have a good idea of their setup. The knowledge you can gain from working with CS would definitely shape your career.

Cons: Mostly CS has budget issues and financial problems across Private Banking and Investment Banking. It is not encouraged to take up contract roles with CS, as it is the most vulnerable position at any CS office. I have seen 15 contractors(working with CS for over 4 yrs) getting fired on a single day, for cost-cutting reasons.

Things to watch: You must have good negotiating skills. If you are an experienced IT professional, and if it is your first interview with CS, only quote a market rate salary and benefits, nothing less. Do not negotiate unless they say it is very very difficult(They normally say, it is over our budget or something, then you can negotiate). Also, please check with them on the available benefits, currently they have removed most of the benefits for employees which were available in the past.

Since there would definitely be some cost-cutting across the IT sector, it is not advised to negotiate a lot on the expected financials. It is not worth it. You WILL get a pay cut or allowance cut sometime in the future, if you are with the same CS entity.

IT Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

initial phone interview and then followed by one on one discussion, then it takes a about 1 to 2 weeks to complete the interview for other candidate and then based on selection people will be called upon.

Interview Questions

• analytical questions are unexpected based on scnearios   1 Answer

Product Control Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

First round is a group assessment - You will be asked to discuss a social issue with your fellow candidates and to make a short presentation following the discussion. After that, there is a short Q&A session with the panel. There are time limits stipulated for each section - brainstorming, group discussion, presentation, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not difficult. However, it is unclear how the candidates are being judged based upon. Obviously doing things to stand out would be helpful but not the only factor in their selection process.   Answer Question

Product Control Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Group Assessment followed by individual interviews

Contractor Interview

Interview

Recruiter found my CV online, e-mailed me if I was interested in the position, and followed up with a telephone conversation, and what I would consider as a preliminary interview. Was asked questions on my background, past experiences, strengths, weaknesses, how comfortable I as with quantitative analysis, etc. This was followed by an interview with two employees in the division I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard, none out of the ordinary.. e.g. describe a failure.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

They contacted me just around a week after I applied. The first stage was online tests, followed by a case based group interview and then the final interview stage. The final round consisted of two thirty minute interviews,which had very generic, non technical questions. Was contacted after 3-4 days with an offer.