Credit Suisse

Relevance Date Difficulty

Temenos GLOBUS/T24 Technical Consultant, Technical Specialist Interview

Temenos GLOBUS/T24 Technical Consultant, Technical Specialist
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – Hiring process for my recent application to Credit Suisse began with an agency in Singapore processing my profile. They processed it for 35 days, then came back with the interview date fixed after another couple of weeks.

Interview was straight forward, pointing to my experience. However it was challenging at certain instances. Surprised that there were no scenario based questions for a banking/IT position. I was expecting the scenario based questions, but it was not asked.

Client expressed positive review in the interview. They even explained what they were up to. I only had to ask what would be the role and the career path from then on.

Interview Question – No difficult/unexpected questions, I was a past employee, I know things that are happening around in Credit Suisse.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pros: Excellent private banking client, setup has a standard across regions. CS always prefers past employees and contractors for any roles, as they already have a good idea of their setup. The knowledge you can gain from working with CS would definitely shape your career.

Cons: Mostly CS has budget issues and financial problems across Private Banking and Investment Banking. It is not encouraged to take up contract roles with CS, as it is the most vulnerable position at any CS office. I have seen 15 contractors(working with CS for over 4 yrs) getting fired on a single day, for cost-cutting reasons.

Things to watch: You must have good negotiating skills. If you are an experienced IT professional, and if it is your first interview with CS, only quote a market rate salary and benefits, nothing less. Do not negotiate unless they say it is very very difficult(They normally say, it is over our budget or something, then you can negotiate). Also, please check with them on the available benefits, currently they have removed most of the benefits for employees which were available in the past.

Since there would definitely be some cost-cutting across the IT sector, it is not advised to negotiate a lot on the expected financials. It is not worth it. You WILL get a pay cut or allowance cut sometime in the future, if you are with the same CS entity.

Product Control Interview

Product Control

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – This is for the 6 month internship program for undergraduate. The interview process includes one round of competency based interview and one round of case study of 20mins discussion on a topic with 3 other interviewees and make a short presentation

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Product Controllert Interview

Product Controllert
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two rounds. The first round was a group interview (5-6 pax) and we were given a random topic to discuss and present. (Your typical group interview. Just make sure you discuss as loud as possible.) The second round was 1-to-1 interview with PC manager (AVP) or HR manager.

Interview Question – The interview questions were asked according to a piece of paper. The manager just read a question on the paper and you answered and that's all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never take the offer. It was a mistake. BIG BIG BIG mistake to work for Credit Suisse.

IT Team Lead Interview

IT Team Lead
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – initial phone interview and then followed by one on one discussion, then it takes a about 1 to 2 weeks to complete the interview for other candidate and then based on selection people will be called upon.

Interview Question – analytical questions are unexpected based on scnearios   View Answer

Exempt Non Officer Interview

Exempt Non Officer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. 1st round with reporting line manager(s), on general background questions. 2nd round is panel interview with a group of senior managers, questions are background information on previous education, internship/work experience and other typical competency questions.

Interview Question – Medium and majority expected questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything is as expected, managed by HR team quite smoothly

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2010.

Interview Details – First round by Human Resource followed by second round interview by Director and AVP. Questions were pretty standard given the junior position I was applying for. For example, "How do you deal with difficult situations, describe yourself etc"

Product Control Intern Interview

Product Control Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2014.

Interview Details – First round is a group assessment - You will be asked to discuss a social issue with your fellow candidates and to make a short presentation following the discussion. After that, there is a short Q&A session with the panel. There are time limits stipulated for each section - brainstorming, group discussion, presentation, etc.

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult. However, it is unclear how the candidates are being judged based upon. Obviously doing things to stand out would be helpful but not the only factor in their selection process.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online and received a call from HR after a few weeks for an interview. It was a panel interview with the hiring managers. Received the offer after 1 week.

Interview Question – Very common interview questions like "why do you want to join Credit Suisse?", "where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?", "Have you encountered any difficult situation, and how do you resolve it?"   Answer Question

Operation Internship Interview

Operation Internship

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – 1st round group assessment -- 1-hour case study
2nd round: individual interview -- 2 interviewers, competency and behavioral questions

Interview Question – may ask some technical questions   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2013.

Interview Details – First round was a group assessment. A group of candidates was given a discussion topic and told to discuss the topic and deliver a group presentation at the end of it.

The second round was 2 back-to-back 1-on-1 interviews. The interviews were easy and laid-back, but somehow I failed to made it past this round. Maybe I was too relaxed and laidback.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone.   Answer Question

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!