Credit Suisse

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.9

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I was hired within 2 weeks. There was a phone interview regarding my availability, describing my jobscope, and then a panel interview with the line manager and people I'd be working with.

I got a call a week later to ask me for my salary expectations, and after clearance, they accepted me.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been up to date regarding any compliance or anti money laundering news?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

The hiring process is as this:
    Doing verbal/quantitative questions online -> submit resume -> receive a call and schedule interview time -> phone interview -> onsite interview (including presentation, 1:1 interview, group interview) -> second onsite interview (business case analysis) -> get the offer

Interview Questions
    • no technical interviews, although i applied a technical job   Answer Question

Product Control Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2014.

One group interview, and 2 one to one interviews.
    The group interview is 1 hr, and we were supposed to discuss a general topic, while they assess our team work and working style.

Temenos GLOBUS/T24 Technical Consultant, Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Hiring process for my recent application to Credit Suisse began with an agency in Singapore processing my profile. They processed it for 35 days, then came back with the interview date fixed after another couple of weeks.

Interview was straight forward, pointing to my experience. However it was challenging at certain instances. Surprised that there were no scenario based questions for a banking/IT position. I was expecting the scenario based questions, but it was not asked.

Client expressed positive review in the interview. They even explained what they were up to. I only had to ask what would be the role and the career path from then on.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult/unexpected questions, I was a past employee, I know things that are happening around in Credit Suisse.   Answer Question
    Pros: Excellent private banking client, setup has a standard across regions. CS always prefers past employees and contractors for any roles, as they already have a good idea of their setup. The knowledge you can gain from working with CS would definitely shape your career.

Cons: Mostly CS has budget issues and financial problems across Private Banking and Investment Banking. It is not encouraged to take up contract roles with CS, as it is the most vulnerable position at any CS office. I have seen 15 contractors(working with CS for over 4 yrs) getting fired on a single day, for cost-cutting reasons.

Things to watch: You must have good negotiating skills. If you are an experienced IT professional, and if it is your first interview with CS, only quote a market rate salary and benefits, nothing less. Do not negotiate unless they say it is very very difficult(They normally say, it is over our budget or something, then you can negotiate). Also, please check with them on the available benefits, currently they have removed most of the benefits for employees which were available in the past.

Since there would definitely be some cost-cutting across the IT sector, it is not advised to negotiate a lot on the expected financials. It is not worth it. You WILL get a pay cut or allowance cut sometime in the future, if you are with the same CS entity.

Product Control Interview

This is for the 6 month internship program for undergraduate. The interview process includes one round of competency based interview and one round of case study of 20mins discussion on a topic with 3 other interviewees and make a short presentation

IT Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

initial phone interview and then followed by one on one discussion, then it takes a about 1 to 2 weeks to complete the interview for other candidate and then based on selection people will be called upon.

Interview Questions
    • analytical questions are unexpected based on scnearios   View Answer

Operation Internship Interview

1st round group assessment -- 1-hour case study
    2nd round: individual interview -- 2 interviewers, competency and behavioral questions

Product Control Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2014.

First round is a group assessment - You will be asked to discuss a social issue with your fellow candidates and to make a short presentation following the discussion. After that, there is a short Q&A session with the panel. There are time limits stipulated for each section - brainstorming, group discussion, presentation, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult. However, it is unclear how the candidates are being judged based upon. Obviously doing things to stand out would be helpful but not the only factor in their selection process.   Answer Question

Product Control Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Group Assessment followed by individual interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

the process is pretty straight forward, got email from cs saying for a AC first after applying for a couple of month, and went to their office for the AC. in total 6 people were in the same session and most of the candidates were from diverse background. Not really able to build a rapport with interviewer managers.