Credit Suisse Software Developer Interview Questions

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Two technical rounds , almost for 2 hours . The technical rounds starts with basic concepts then the questions gets tougher. After the technical round they directly hire. There is no other formalities

Interview Questions

• Mostly everything was as per job description   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

I was hired as a contractor and then converted to full time. This seems to be the norm as Credit Suisse. They like to 'try before we buy'. The interview process was very fair and the offer came on my drive home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair market offer for a contractor at the time

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Questions are not hard. But my performance is very bad. Many behavior questions. some basic database questions. The whole interview keeping about half hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

1 Phone interview and two 1:1 interviews - Thorough OOPs concepts and C#.NET and databases questions (gave me some scenarios and asked to write SQL queries for that), asked me to write some code as well.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a scenario and asked to write a SQL query for that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I had two rounds of 1:1 interview in a day. First round, the manager was looking for someone who had solid data warehouse skill and asked some questions related to DW experience. Second round a general man from risk mgmt group, and he went through my resume and let me explain several terminologies on my resume for him. That's all...

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview

Interview was scheduled in advance over the phone. Apon arrival at their offices I was guided to a meeting room and provided refreshments. Each of the 2 interviews lasted about an hour, neither was technical focusing more on people skills.

Interview Questions

• explain how in the past you have handled an uncooperativeoperative team member.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (London, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

Got call from the HR dept that they have an opportunity and if I am interested. I said yes and got fact to face interview with Team Lead and Development manager after a week. Asked general C++ questions and some Linux questions. Had another interview with few senior members of team a week later and they asked some more C++/STL questions. Not that tough. Than another interview with HR which was just a formality I think.

Interview Questions

• Calling virtual function in the constructor of child class?   Answer Question
    • What happens if exception is thrown from destructor   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was without job (being made redundant by previous employer) so didn't stressed much. Anyhow it was same compensation as in my last job so not bad I thought.