Credit Suisse

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – 2 Interviews for IT.

One on college campus. Mostly behavioral, but be willing to describe more about the projects you have been working on. As said before, be prepared to talk about how you overcome challenges and having extracurricular projects is definitely plus.

The second or final interview is on their campus. Feels more like fitting to see best fit team rather than an interview.

Very nice process, mainly to gauge whether you are willing to learn.

Interview Question – Please describe any team projects that you have been working on.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through campus
1st round on campus behavioral interview and then Superday 3 one on one interviews

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – Web application, on campus first round interview, and the super day.

Interview Question – C++, OOP, Leadership, Team conflict, Ethical problem.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – First round is through my school's career services center, final round in a nearby hotel. First round was pretty much all fit questions, like where did you grow up, what was the biggest challenge you faced, why Credit Suisse, etc. Final round was similar but asked more technical questions, like what do Investment Bankers do, etc.

Interview Question – Mostly fit questions, what's your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was On-Campus Hiring so I applied through College recruitment portal. They shortlisted 23 students in total. We were invited to dinner the night before the interview (Kind of a networking event). The first round was behavioral. Those selected will have to give 3-4 technical interviews in their NYC office.

Interview Question – It was a behavioral interview so nothing was unexpected. First they went over my resume and asked me about my Internship and project experiences. They stressed on leadership qualities (a lot!) and how I would handle pressure situations. And finally why are you trying to get into a financial company (since my major was Computer Engineering) and why this particular company   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – I had a first-round interview with CS for a summer analyst position. The questions weren't very difficult, but my interviewer was very unpleasant. He didn't seem to want to be there at all, and it was very difficult to engage him. Questions were mostly about my resume and past experiences, a couple of technical questions. Nothing about why I wanted to join CS.

Interview Question – A couple technical questions that I wasn't very well prepared for because I don't have a finance background, but nothing too bad   Answer Question

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – For ER position, there is a first round interview with the recruiting team (usually someone from their HR dept or a current analyst). Like most interviews they ask you to tell them about yourself and walk them through your resume.

Interview Question – If given a $1,000,000 today, what would you invest in and why.   Answer Question

Interview Details – 2x30 minute phone calls

Interview Question – Describe a situation I faced a stressful situation. Asked whether I'm a leader or a team player.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly and straightforward. Interviews with analysts tended to be more technical with anyone above a VP asking mainly fit questions. Technical questions were as you would expect, if you've done some prep you'll be fine. Overall not too bad.

Interview Question – Name some recent deals we have done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online and received an email about setting up a Skype interview after a few weeks. After the Skype interview, I was invited to do in person interviews at the NYC office. Credit Suisse paid for all travel expenses (mine were minor, but others had airfare paid for). Office interviews consisted of three 30 minute interviews consisting of mostly background and behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to work in a team environment?   Answer Question

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!