Credit Suisse

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2015.

First round: Mainly fit questions, some technical, nothing too hard

Dinner the night of the first interview if called back.

Super day after that. Pretty much all technical.

Quick turnaround for everything.

Other Interview Reviews for Credit Suisse

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2015.

Applied through school mails. Sent my resume and got no reply. Heard from someone who had gone throught their super day that there would be small rooms like cubes. You went there and got interviewed by two interviewers at one time.

2 Interviews for IT.

One on college campus. Mostly behavioral, but be willing to describe more about the projects you have been working on. As said before, be prepared to talk about how you overcome challenges and having extracurricular projects is definitely plus.

The second or final interview is on their campus. Feels more like fitting to see best fit team rather than an interview.

Very nice process, mainly to gauge whether you are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe any team projects that you have been working on.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Web application, on campus first round interview, and the super day.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round is through my school's career services center, final round in a nearby hotel. First round was pretty much all fit questions, like where did you grow up, what was the biggest challenge you faced, why Credit Suisse, etc. Final round was similar but asked more technical questions, like what do Investment Bankers do, etc.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I had a first-round interview with CS for a summer analyst position. The questions weren't very difficult, but my interviewer was very unpleasant. He didn't seem to want to be there at all, and it was very difficult to engage him. Questions were mostly about my resume and past experiences, a couple of technical questions. Nothing about why I wanted to join CS.

Interview Questions
    • A couple technical questions that I wasn't very well prepared for because I don't have a finance background, but nothing too bad   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

For ER position, there is a first round interview with the recruiting team (usually someone from their HR dept or a current analyst). Like most interviews they ask you to tell them about yourself and walk them through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • If given a $1,000,000 today, what would you invest in and why.   Answer Question

2x30 minute phone calls

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation I faced a stressful situation. Asked whether I'm a leader or a team player.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

It was On-Campus Hiring so I applied through College recruitment portal. They shortlisted 23 students in total. We were invited to dinner the night before the interview (Kind of a networking event). The first round was behavioral. Those selected will have to give 3-4 technical interviews in their NYC office.

Interview Questions
    • It was a behavioral interview so nothing was unexpected. First they went over my resume and asked me about my Internship and project experiences. They stressed on leadership qualities (a lot!) and how I would handle pressure situations. And finally why are you trying to get into a financial company (since my major was Computer Engineering) and why this particular company   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

I applied online for the summer technology analyst in NY. They were slow to reply. I had two interviews, both were behavioral. The first interview was a skype interview with one of the hiring managers. I was mostly asked behavioral questions and my passion for technology. i wasn't asked any algorithm and data structures question. I heard from the HR two days later and i was invited to NY for the final interviews. I was invited by Vice Presidents of three different departments. The interviews were mostly behavioral and there were no algorithms and data structures questions. The guys were slow in replying, they took more than 30 days, i think it's because they were interviewing so many people over three weeks. I ended up accepting an offer from another company whilst i was waiting. i was notified about the internship after i had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • If we are to install a new software for managing accounts, would it be good to buy from vendors or just to make our own software locally?   Answer Question

I had already accepted another offer. I also didn't feel like i was going to learn a lot from the internship and eventually consider CS my employer. I didn't want to end up coding in Visual Basic and Spread sheets.