Credit Suisse

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2013.

Interview Details – Application Process: CV, Cover Letter, 'Fit' Questions, and psychometric tests. Then asked to first and final round interview day (comprised of 4 back to back interviews).

Interview Question – What caused the financial crisis of 2008?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2012.

Interview Details – After a first telephone interview, which was mainly fit questions and motivational stuff, there was a final round in the London office (for which I had applied). It consisted in a case study (very straightforward and not about corporate finance, despite I was applying for that position) to be solved in 45 minutes and then discussed in an interview and then 2 other interviews with senior level positions that never dig into technical stuff.

Interview Question – Nothing out of this world.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I just signed

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had two rounds of interview in london, Both of the interview are competency-based question.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process starts with online application form,followed by 2 online psychometric tests-numerical and verbal.Evaluation of the application took approximately 5 weeks after which I was invited to a 2-stage interview happening in one day.I passed the first round and did well in the second round,yet I was turned down the next day.

Interview Question – There were no unusually difficult questions,it was a standard competency-based interview.The only tricky question was about Facebook-the interview was few days after Facebook announced it will go public-and the interviewer asked me whether I would buy their newly issued shares,to which I responded that it would obviously depend on the price.He seemed to dislike the answer and was clearly in favour of buying...We all know what happened to Facebook IPO...   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2012.

Interview Details – I networked my way through to an interview. Networking makes breaking through to the interview stage a lot easier as people within the firm will recognise you and try to help you.
I was rejected because I didn't show them I was completely interested in IT/I didn't show enough passion for it. I am currently studying a mathematics degree. A non-tech focused background makes it harder to make this point come across.

Interview Question – How do you think the current market situation will pan out and how do you think this will affect Credit Suisse.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had to fill in a standard application form, no more taxing than any of the other banks. After that was the numerical test. It was a little tricker than the usual SHL tests and I was a bit pushed for time. Passed nevertheless.

I was called for a first round interview a few weeks after. There were three other candidates and we all had 2 1 on 1, 30 minute interviews. They were entirely competency based. They were very laid back and informal. The first interviewer took me through my CV and asked me questions based on that. The second asked me standard competency based questions like when have you made an improvement to a process, why Ops, give me one fact about Credit Suisse etc etc.

Following passing these, I was informed by phone call 3 days later that they would like to invite me to final round. This was to be more of the same. The actual final round took place a week later, and again it comprised of 2, 1 on 1, 30 minute interviews. The first interviewer asked me about my CV again, and threw in a few competency questions. The second was more informal again, and the interviewer spent a good deal of time just telling me about her experiences in CS and why she preferred it to other firms.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the other two candidates ?   View Answer
  • What do you think about the rogue trader scandal at UBS. Does he deserve 100% of the blame?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if we offered you a summer placement and then put you in a team that you really didn't like?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I also had an offer from Goldman Sachs. This was a really difficult decision for me because CS had been so nice to me throughout and I really enjoyed my interview process with them. But someone told me that I could always go from GS to CS, but it would take more effort to go the other way.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse Summer Analyst interview questions and advice in London, England. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.