Credit Suisse

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details – Be prepared for critical thinking questions. Be sure to study the program as well as be knowledgeable of basic program life cycle questions. Take advantage of the superday. Be sure to ask questions and get to know the interviewers as you meet them prior to the interviewing that day.

Interview Question – Why Credit Suisse   Answer Question

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – 2 rounds, a campus interview followed by super day. Most of the questions are behavioral ones and they seem to figure out whether you are suited to work there in the whole process.

Interview Question – Some security problems   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details – They came to my school and I had an initial interview on campus. Thought it went horrible but then I was invited for the second round and the Job Family expo at the company. Didn't make it to that event because I had a conference to go to and I left that night. Final round of interviews consisted of 4 30 minute interviews(Including a technical interview) at the company. We had lunch with the managers and current employees then we broke into the interviews. I thought the behavioral interviews went well. I was not prepared for the technical interview and the HR contact basically told us we couldn't prepare for it. The technical interview was the worst interview I've ever had. It was my first one and I thought the questions that were ask were not something a college student looking for an intern position with no experience at Credit Suisse could answer. I didn't get the job and found out about 2 hours after my last interview.

Interview Question – Everything that was asked during the technical interview.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, both through my university and through the Credit Suisse online application. I was pre-selected for an on-campus interview, which was 1:1 and behavioral. After a week I was invited to second round interviews on-site at the Credit Suisse offices in New York. The second round consisted of 3 half-hour long interviews, two of which were behavioral and third was a job-fit interview. The overall experience was pleasant and all of the employees I spoke with were very friendly and inviting.

The night before the on-site interviews, there was a Welcome Dinner which included a tour of the offices and the opportunity to ask questions to current senior-employees as well as recent full-time hires. The morning of the interviews (mine were morning interviews) we were given a small continental breakfast before the interviews.

The behavioral were the typical, "Tell me about a time you worked on a team and there was a difference of opinion on how to approach the project. How did you handle it?" The job-fit interview focused on assessing how much I actually knew about the technical projects and class subjects listed on my resume. For example, a project on my resume mentioned the use of multi-threading so I was asked how I handled thread safety.

Interview Question – What software development methodology do you employ?   View Answer

IT Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details – Found out about the position through my university's career services center. I submitted my application online and heard back a few days later that I would have an interview the next week. The interview was one-on-one and was primarily behavioral questions with a few technical questions thrown in. There were also quite a few other students from my school interviewing at the same time.

Interview Question – Name a time in which you faced an ethical dilemma and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's job board, and was granted an on-campus interview. It was a completely behavioral interview, and no technical questions were asked. After a few weeks, I was given an on-site interview in the New York office. Here, I was interviewed by three vice-presidents, and these interviews were also non-technical. Then I given the opportunity to network with full-time employees who were recently hired out of the internship program. Finally, the day concluded with a tour of the building.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in a career in IT?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Applied to other companies whose locations appealed to my living style more.

Summer IT Analyst Interview

Summer IT Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details – The interview was behavioral.

Reason for Declining – The job was too far away from home.

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had applied from the career management services on campus, and got a call for 1st round of interview on campus. within 3 days, got a call for the Super Day at credit suisse campus, and super day consisted of a pre interview lunch with other interns and interviewers. had 3 rounds of one on one interview and all of the question were on behavioral fit. No technical question, all there interviewers asked me to walk through the resume and all same behavioral question.
the interview was pretty good and neat, more like a conversation. May be i was too much focusing on Java as my preference could be a reason for rejection. Else was smooth and easy flowing interview.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2012.

Interview Details – Some behavior questions, some technical questions and financial questions...Like what's CAPAM....

Interview Question – What is CAPAM?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2011.

Interview Details – Briefly ask my interest and goal of career. Ask several basic concepts of computer science knowledge such as polymorphism and time complexity.Asked tortoise and hare problem and applied train problem. It takes some time, so he gave me some hints.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is the difference of dynamic and static polymorphism?   View Answers (2)
  • How can I figure out whether linked list is cyclic?   View Answer

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!