Credit Suisse

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2010.

Interview Details – Targeted as a junior in college for a 10 week summer internship program. Once completing interviews and being selected for the internship about half of the interns are given the opportunity for full-time employment. The Technical Analyst program is then a two year rotational employment followed by full time entry level employment.

The initial interviews are on campus and are followed up by a day-long series of interviews on site with a variety of managers and recruiters. If an internship offer is extended, then you are assigned a team to work on for 10 weeks in the summer. The team manager's input along with technical analyst program management will evaluate you over the 10 week span and determine wether or not to extend an offer.

Sometimes people are selected to move directly into the Technical Analyst program as fresh college graduates. This is usually to fill in positions that were offered to former interns who did not graduate on time or pursued other endeavors.

Interview Question – The interview was not very technical, but I was required to collaborate with 4 other interviewees and discuss how we would handlle an IT project from a project manager standpoint.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me, offered $55,000 a year with benefits, and then asked if i would like to negotiate. I accepted the offer as presented.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2010.

Interview Details – As this was through campus recruiting , i was asked about my projects on resume , some behavioral questions like how i performed in teams and resolved conflicts an all

Interview Questions

• Why you want to Join CS?   Answer Question
  • How would you resolve conflicts in team if you were a team lead? she gave a scenario which i don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no . it was fixed salary

Cary, NC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in October 2009.

Interview Details – All interview questions were completely behavioral although this was an IT position in The RTP,NC site. The position is for a technical analyst. First was a phone interview, then there was an on-campus 1 on 1 interview with a senior manager. Then there was a superday (from 10 am - 5:30 pm.) On this day, we were introduced to the site, the head of the tech side at the site, a little introduction to the company.

Then, we had to make a group presentation in front of 4-5 managers / VPs and they gave us about 45 mins to plan and about 10-15 mins to execute. I think this was very abstract and we could twist it around whichever way we wanted. Managers were very relaxed and friendly.

Then, we all gathered in a room to get lunch and at some point all the managers came in to introduce themselves and grab some free lunch. Kidding! It was more of a candidate gauge kind of thing!

After this was 1/2 hour interviews with 4 separate managers so that they could determine if you would be a good fit for their team and so on and so forth.

That's the end of the day and they give you a small tour before they walk you out!

I really liked one HR lady in particular along with a VP and the Director of the site was very motivational too!

Good culture exhibited and I would love to work with them if given a chance.

Hope this helps

Interview Question – Tell me a time when...   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview involved a one on one interview on campus, followed by a full-day interview process in the office. This involved several more one on one interviews, a tour of the facility, and a group project where we were given 45 minutes to create and give a presentation on a specific topic.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with them. First is on campus interview for half an hour. They asked about your experience and how much do i know their company. The second round is on site interview which was more difficult. Lots of potential candidates were invited so you would get a lot of pressure.

Interview Question – How is normalized database better than denormalized one?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details – three stages, first overall realy nice meeting with three persons then redirected to the specified department

Interview Question – questions about databases during network related hiring process   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initially we had an aptitude paper which was very tough. It consisted questions on Puzzles and Probability in section one and 7 programs in section two with two questions in bonus section.
It was necessary to attempt at least 3 or 4 from both the sections and bonus section was optional. But it was a good idea to attempt this section as they were simple questions on Networking and even if you write 2 lines correctly you get 15 marks for it.
They shortlisted 30 students out of 77 and were called for interview next round

Round 1(Technical Interview) 1hr
In tech they asked me
About Polymorphism, Object Oriented concepts.
Write a pseudocode for getting the data from leaf node in a multiway search tree.
Told me to write the structure of node for multiway search tree.( They will give you hints)
Question on Garbage collection in Strings.
Told me to give example of Multithreading and where it is used.
If in an application one thread crashes will the entire application crash???
Semaphore, Monitor, Synchronize.
Most of them had second Technical Interview but it was not for me as I think I convinced them that I am technically good.

Round 2(Management Round) 45mins
They gave me various case studies which were very interesting to solve and answer like
1. You have an DahiHandiEvent tomorrow and you are the leader of the group of five. As Schedule was tightly packed no one can do extra work but at the end two of them refused to work. So now what will you do.
2. You are in a Queue to buy a movie Ticket. Some one is trying to break the line and take the tickets from front directly. You will stop him. Now your HOD wants a ticket and seeing the long queue he tells you to buy the ticket for him. What will you do?
3. Gave me puzzle of 9 balls and tell him the one defective ball by weighing with less possible times
4. Some more scenarios like this.

Round 3 Director Round(45 mins)
Asked me about my future plans. About MS.
He told me to make an application for this room to check electric supply in this room. What will you consider. Take the marker and write on the board
Then he told me to write the qualities of a candidate that you will hire to make this application on the board in one minute.
He asked me some questions on family background, etc

Round 4 HR(20 mins)
Family Background.
Most depressed moment for me.
Future Plans.

My suggestion to you is be confident in your interview. They will give you hints so be confident. They may ask you question on your aptitude paper and make you solve the questions which were wrong and which were not attempted by you. So be prepared for it. Do some research on Credit Suisse. They may ask you.

Interview Question – Technical and management rounds were difficult to tackle   View Answer

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2012.

Interview Details – they had a written test having 2 sections, 1 of puzzles and the other of c-programming and algos. the shortlisted around 40 students and i got rejected after the first interview. this process was a part of campus recruitment in our college. they mostly asked what is written on my resume and it was a combination of bath hr and technical interview.

Interview Question – gave a managerial situation i couldn't answer   Answer Question

Technical Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details – First Round - (1) 1:1
Second Round - Meet managers, choose job family
Third Round - (3) 1:1

Interview Question – Describe a leadership experience   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2010.

Interview Details – started with a group discussion session where 5 people in a group and gave a presentation at last. followed by a 1-to-2 interview asking competency questions (why investment banks, why credit suisse, etc.), then a 1-to-2 interview on technical questions (programming language used, difference between java and c++, etc.). At last there's a programming interview to write code to solve a simple problem.

Interview Question – difference between java and c++   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse Technical Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.