Credit Suisse Interview Questions in Zürich

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call after 1 month. I had a brief phone interview for 25 minutes, and after that I had a 1:1. The 1:1 was challenging and the were very demanding in their questions.

- Interest Rates Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long process. Workshop followed by a generic S&T interview. Was offered an interview for a back office position that didn't require a degree (I have a BSc and a MA) and rejected, then invited to interview for a cool position that was cancelled two days before the scheduled interview because the position had been filled internally. After several more weeks was offered an interview in interest rates trading, which I couldn't reject because it was my last shot, however I knew that I was not at all qualified for the job. The job description did not contain any programming skills required. The interview was very technical, they seemed to expect in depth interest rates trading knowledge that I obviously couldn't have (I worked in commodity trading before for a few months but never in rates). After the technical 3h (!!!) interview I got to met the hiring manager. "You don't have any programming skills? Wow, why did you think to apply for this position then? How did you get your previous trading job? How can you not know programming with a finance degree?" Useless to mention that my degree is in finance, not computer science, and that my previous employer (top tier investment bank that I quit by choice) had separate teams for trading and for programming (writing algorithms etc)... I didn't realize that the point of this interview was to stress me out (typical stress interview), so I stressed out extremely and therefore ruined my chances to get the job. The pay would have been equal to what every MA graduate with no job experience would get even though I had 8 months full time experience in trading, however in the feedback they told me "we expected more given your experience" - so they didn't want to pay more for the experience, but expect more? There is something out of balance... My originally really good impression of the company was ruined by the long process (mid March to end of May), the fact that I had to communicate with 4 different HR people that didn't seem to talk to each other, and also the invitation to a job interview that I was clearly not qualified for. After the interview, I had lost every interest to work for CS, so I wasn't even mad for the negative feedback.

Interview Questions

• What is the current 3m EONIA, SONIA, LIBOR, EURIBOR, Bund future etc. etc. rate? How do you value an OTC swap, when is your credit risk the biggest? How can you simulate that in a model? What do you know about Basel III? and many more that I didn't understand and thus don't remember ;)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Private Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied while doing an internship with CS in a different division (asset management). First had a 30 min telephone interview with the divisions' head (MD), follwed by two 45 min telephone interviews with directors a week later. Then had to do an online test for verbal and numerical reasoning. Eventually got invited to an interview day in Zurich for 1on1 interviews with HR, 2 analysts and 3 directors. Got an offer about 2 weeks after the day in Zurich.

Interview Questions

• HR: motivation, why CS, explain resume, questions regarding working under pressure/ tight deadlines, went through my results of the online test, availabilty+salary expectations Team: motivation, resume, why PE, why should they hire me, some DCF questions, where would I invest today, talked about current macroeconomic topics (impacts of greece, low interest rate environment, etc.), fit questions, availabilty, overall a welcoming/friendly atmosphere   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in May 2014.

Interview

Relatively normal, though lenghty process; after application, two online tests (behavior and analytical), two phone interviews followed by a day of one-on-one interviews (5 in total) with the respective team and HR. Everything ran smoothly, did OK on all accounts in the interview I reckon. The company gave a DL in which they said that they would come back (did not), after a while the hiring manager emailed stating he called to leave feedback (did not) after which I called back (went to a voicemail) and email of ("any feedback" / "Can I Call Back" (for the offered feedback)) wasn't answered. Honestly; I expected a little more class - especially in a lenghty process; I hope not all (hiring) managers in the company act like this.

M&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2014.

Interview

A lot of Tests, very long interview round in Person and on telephone. They asked highly dificult and detailed questions. But employees of CS were very forecoming and not unprofessional in interviews so that took a lot of pressure away.

Interview Questions

• Can you please describe how you would rate this companies p/e ratio?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in May 2013.

Interview

Two interviews - fisrt with HR and second one with line staff. All nice and competent.

Interview Questions

• Rather typical - why should we hire YOU?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Global Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in March 2013.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR for 30min 2. Interview with HR and line manager for 1 hour. Only personal fit questions and some situation questions. Nothing unexpected and people were very nice and gave the feeling that they were interested in the interviewee. (First it started out with "Tell me about yourself")

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary not negotiatable

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Line Manager. After this, I had an interview with people of the team at the office. I was asked to discuss current economic issues like the US debt ceiling and what kind of agreement Republicans and Democrats should reach; austerity measures in Europe and whether Greece should leave or not the Eurozone; China's growth; ...

Interview Questions

• What kind of investment would you recommend (gold, forex, real estate, ...)?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online at the company's career portal. The HR responsible called and asked basic questions based on my CV, asked for a convenient date to come for a personal interview. I informed any date is fine, then there was no news for 1.5 weeks, so I called up to get an update and I spoke to the line manager directly and confirmed a suitable date. On the day of interview, the line manager showed me around the new building and all modern facilities they offer etc. The interview team consisted of 3 persons: one VP, line manager, and a senior team member. The team was friendly, provided a very detailed information about the operation, which was quite good. But interview questions were pre prepared on a sheet of paper, and they sounded unemotional and and dry. Questions were very specific to the technology they have in use, so my generic answeres were not convincing enough I suppose, next day received a call from HR rep informing they wouldn't want to go ahead any further, which I could easily understand. All in all a nice experience

Interview Questions

• How do you locate a network fault between a client and a server?   1 Answer

Intern Equity Derivatives Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Interview

2 steps - first one a phone interview that vary from basic options to how to compute the greeks in a montecarlo framework. I had also to explain some model used in derivatives pricing. second one - interview, you will see around 10 peoples in 2 hours, all of them will be part of your team, the questions were almost all about greeks, some basic questions about volatility and 2 brain teases (see examples in the book - quants interviews)

Interview Questions

• Explain me what went wrong during the financial crisis in the derivatives hedging.   1 Answer