Cree

Employer Engaged

Cree Engineering Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cree in October 2011.

Phone interview that seemed to go well, but no follow-up interview. I was a little wary about this company to begin with, based on other reviews, and so I'm not terribly disappointed that nothing seems to have come of it. Interview was with an HR person, so no crazy questions, as others have mentioned.

Other Interview Reviews for Cree

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cree in June 2011.

I don't remember exactly the title of the position I interviewed for since it took place last year. I just decided to post my experience after reading these... I found my interview experience to have been bad after reading all the comments here, and it was pretty much the same negative experience. I don't remember interviewing with HR but I was initially contacted after submission of my résumé online. Then interview with a manager was off. Initially I started answering questions and did not realize I was saying the work we did in my lab research instead of saying what I did. Then was abruptly interrupted by manager saying "you're saying we we but what did you do?" Then when I went to correct myself I got so nervous and off track that started explaining what I did and manager asking "how you did it, how it works, how you calibrated, etc." that could barely explain anything else. On top of that I got confused with some terminology and manager corrected me. To make things worse I apparently didn't understand and repeated the information wrongly and was corrected again, so completely screwed up.... A the end when I asked a question about the structure of the group and how many people was in the group I was told that " it was proprietary information"... Now I wonder why I didn't laugh after that. HR was however very efficient in communication and sent me an email informing I hadn't been through the next round. That Is OK with me though. I ended up reading these reviews just now after interviewing over a year ago and probably wouldn't like the interview process they have on site either. I would either mess the on site interview up, or if offered a job would accept it and hate it afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • I was thrown off by the unexpected interview method, got nervous and couldn't answer anything properly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cree in October 2010.

Before a simple phone interview, you fill out a rather lengthy form asking such questions as: What types of roles and responsibilities are you looking for in your next position? What are some key factors you look for in a company? What interests you about Cree? How did you learn about Cree and why are you submitting your resume? How did you chose your University and major? GPA info? Whether you've been asked to leave a position and why. What your manager would list as your top three strengths, and identify what areas of improvement the manager might say. What qualities make for a successful manager. Can you work long hours in a lab? Explain the roles of technician, engineer, scientist. How do you determine or evaluate success? Do you consider yourself successful? What will make you feel as though you're successful five years from now? What kind of people would you refuse to work with? What is your current salary and what are your salary expectations.

Interview Questions
    • If your manager was asked to identify an area of improvement for you, what would he/she list?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cree in October 2010.

Telephone interview consisting of details about the position, work environment, and questions regarding pas experiences. The questions about previous research were extremely technical, you want to know how everything that you did previously worked in great detail. I did not find the interviewer to be arrogant as others have stated, simply doing their job and trying to find the best person possible.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cree in February 2010.

A phone screen with the hiring manager was first. After, I had an interview with him and about 5 others in the department. I was asked both technical questions and work experience questions. Overall, I was very impressed with everyone I interviewed with.

I was told I would hear back shortly, but never communicated with me after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cree in March 2008.

one phone interview and then one day interview onsite. asked questions about phase transformation, thin film growth, MOCVD growth, thin film epitaxy stuff, basics of LEDS. How LEDS work etc.
    HR questions are normal. most of them are available online.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cree.

Process is long. It starts with a phone screen then if you make it through, its an entire day of back to back interviews. From 9am until 4 or 5 you meet with a new person every 45 minutes going over everything from technical knowledge to behavioral questions and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Circuit analysis questions that were worked out on the white board.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cree in December 2011.

I was emailed the next day after applying, and had 3 interviews soon after, 2 technicalrounds and 1 HR round. All the interviewers were very assessable and asked me questions pertaining to my research and general problem solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • What was a problem you encountered in your research and how did you tackle it   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cree in February 2011.

Got interview through campus portal. Was asked to fill a extensive HR questionnare. Then had a telephonic technical interview with an extensive questioning about the thesis work.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cree in August 2010.

The Interviewer did not call as scheduled. So I had to call to ask if it's going to happen as planned. Was told to wait for 10 minutes. But had to wait for half an hour. Ther interview consists of a self-introduction then some technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the working theory of an instrument you have used.   Answer Question