Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cree
- Process Development Engineer (35)
- Process Engineer (25)
- Research Scientist (13)
- Engineer (7)
- Engineering (6)
- Process Technician (5)
- Research Scientist IV (3)
- Test Engineer (2)
- Product Development Engineer (2)
- Process Sustaining Engineer (2)
- Epitaxial Growth (1)
- Process Sustaining Engineer Epitaxial (1)
- Process Engineer - Package & Test (1)
- Epitaxial Sustaining Engineer (1)
- Optical Applications Engineer (1)
- Supply Chain- Purchasing (1)
- Epitaxial Growth Scientist (1)
- Epitaxy Growth (1)
- Not Worth the Effort (1)
- Product/Backend - Process Development Scientist - Chips (1)
- Senior Human Resources Position (1)
- Maintenance and Operations Manager (1)
- Process Development Engineer, Package & Test (1)
- LED Chip Product Integration Engineer (1)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician II (1)
- Product Manufacturing Engineering (1)
- Process Development Engineer II (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Senior Marketing Position (1)
- Electronic Tech (1)
Helpful (2)Declined OfferDeclined Offer
This place is a pressure cooker. At some points in the interview I wondered if there was a hidden camera because it was just ludicrous. Even during my interview the interviewers phone and pager were ringing off the hook. So if this all sounds attractive to you, you might want to interview there. One of the interviewers told me it's hard working here but you know it's a good place to come from . . .
- The Feynman question. But mostly they just wanted to know whether I could vent and reassemble a vacuum chamber. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Cree (Durham, NC) in June 2014.
I originally applied to be an engineer, but my GPA did not meet the requirements. Then the recruiter recommended that I try to get a process technician position. After being bounced around for a few weeks, I recently had a 20-minute phone interview. The guy I talked to explained the position to me, and then we talked about my qualifications for the position. I have been invited back for a follow-up interview via Skype with 3 one-on-one interview sessions that will be 30 minutes each. One of them will be with the same guy from the phone call. So far everything has been okay.
- Nothing out of the ordinary. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week – interviewed at Cree.
Initial screen by HR was very focused on cultural fit. Choose one word to describe yourself and why. Also they seem to put a premium on risk taking. Questions about are you a risk taker and how can you prove it. Very informal setting for the discussion. Unusual process for me.
- Choose one word to describe yourself and explain why. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Cree (Durham, NC).
Involved two interviews. Both interviews involved a panel session answering questions from several engineers and one on one interviews. Most questions were about power semiconductor devices. Went out to lunch both times.
- Most questions were expected about semiconductor technology. Answer Question
I did not negotiate. I found out later that I should have.
Helpful (1)Declined OfferDifficult InterviewDeclined OfferDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Cree.
Was recruited on campus, had two mildly technical interviews, then was flown out to their facility in North Carolina. The interview was not too bad, except it was all day, starting around 8 and finishing at 6 with little to no breaks. Don't be afraid to say no, they will keep drilling until you cannot explain something.
- They were very through in questioning regarding specific for the position, know your stuff. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceNo OfferNeutral Experience
I applied online – interviewed at Cree.
Initially contacted by a staff member in HR. Was told I had 3 days to complete a 25 question pre-screening questionnaire. Returned it on the 3rd day and within the hour of sending it I was contacted by a research manager. We set up a phone interview where he asked questions about my background and what other companies I had heard from. Told me that I should hear within a week if I had made it to the second round. Still waiting.
- Why did you leave graduate school? 1 Answer
- No OfferNo Offer
First phone interview and then onsite interview. They asked very demanding technical questions that I was not well prepared for.
- Explaining very basic technical questions. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cree.
First, a questionaire about behavior questions, then a phone interview set by HR, then is a technical interview for about 35 minutes.
- Small company or big company, which one do you prefer? So do you think Cree is a small company? Answer Question
- No OfferEasy InterviewNo OfferEasy Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cree.
First they started with behavior questions;
- Tell about yourself
- Why do you think you are a fit candidate to us
Then they started to ask technical questions related to my resume.
- Tell me about a situation that you had difficaulty Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Cree in March 2014.
Contacted by HR who recommended me to hiring manager. Then, was contacted by the him and he a series of questions from my resume and two questions below. After 4 weeks, we setup a skype interview presentation, which I gave on my research.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review