Cree

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.4

Process Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cree.

Initially contacted by a staff member in HR. Was told I had 3 days to complete a 25 question pre-screening questionnaire. Returned it on the 3rd day and within the hour of sending it I was contacted by a research manager. We set up a phone interview where he asked questions about my background and what other companies I had heard from. Told me that I should hear within a week if I had made it to the second round. Still waiting.

Process Development Engineer Interview

First phone interview and then onsite interview. They asked very demanding technical questions that I was not well prepared for.

Process Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cree.

First, a questionaire about behavior questions, then a phone interview set by HR, then is a technical interview for about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Small company or big company, which one do you prefer? So do you think Cree is a small company?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cree.

First they started with behavior questions;
    - Tell about yourself
    - Why do you think you are a fit candidate to us
    Then they started to ask technical questions related to my resume.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cree in March 2014.

Interviewed by a paper-base written questionnaire. Contained about 25 behavioral questions. Required to submit in two days. Decision was made in about 10 days. Need strong writing skills.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all related to behavioral questions. "How do you evaluate success, do you think you are success now?" "What are your long-range goals and objectives "   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer, Package & Test Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cree.

Phone interview was very hard but not because of the questions but because he had me on speaker and there was a lot of noise and static. I told him but he just said :ah!. I had to ask him to repeat the question many times; I fee it was rude.

Process Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cree in February 2014.

screening questionnaire followed by technical interview. recruiter asked some logic based questions and some basic questions on semiconductors.
    1. What will happen to the level of water when an ice cube melts
    2. Questions based on your resume
    3. Have you received offers from other companies
    4. Questions on etching and semiconductors

Maintenance and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cree in February 2014.

Found the position on company web site and applied from there.
    There was initial contact from HR followed by a phone screen by the Hiring Manager.
    This was followed by a day long interview with a 30 minute presentation on any technical topic at the start of the day.

Everyone I met seemed nice.

Interview Questions
    • Question: Estimate number of barbers in a city of 1 million.   Answer Question

LED Chip Product Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cree in January 2014.

Overall process was a little disorganized. They would commit to deadlines, then drop contact for 6 or 8 weeks before randomly resuming. I applied through their website, and they contacted me by email about a month later to set up a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, the interviewer said he would be in touch in a week. After ~6 weeks (and numerous follow-up emails), they requested another phone interview. They then brought me for an onsite interview 3 weeks later. The onsite consisted of a 45 minute candidate presentation followed by 9 one-on-one interviews. The product engineering team took me out to lunch, but that quickly turned into another grilling. Finally, they took me out to dinner (a good sign according to my hotel concierge). They committed to get back to me within a week. I didn't hear anything (despite emails) for ~3 weeks. Finally, they decided not to extend an offer, no reasons where given despite follow-up requests.

Interview Questions
    • How many barbers would a city of 2 million people need?   View Answer

Process Engineer (Wafer Operations) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cree in January 2014.

Phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertaining to wafer processing and engineering and project management.   Answer Question