Cree

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.4

Product Engineering Interview

Apply online and receive the phone interview after one week. He talked about the position then ask some common questions such as
    - Why are you interested in Cree?
    - What are the applications of MOSFET?

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cree in October 2013.

Interview process:
    1) 45 min phone interview with manager 1.
    2) 30 min phone interview with manager 2.
    3) Invited for onsite interview. This includes a 30min presentation about your experiences and projects you worked on as well as a series of 1:1 interviews (apparently).

I decided to withdraw my application before the onsite interview. As you can see from other people's posts, the interviewers constantly stress that this is an "aggressive environment" with "a lot of pressure". You will be expected to work "55 - 65 hour weeks", most people work "11 hours per day". You can either take Friday-Saturday or Sunday-Monday off, not the regular weekend.

I'm glad they were fully honest from the start. I understand that the technology industry operates at a very fast pace, but I don't understand how a company can expect full productivity out of employees with those work hours. I cannot imagine they retain most of their staff for long.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working 55-65 hour weeks?   View Answer

Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cree.

People ask stupid questions unrelated to what they do, people really have no clue on how to phrase questions when asking them. They need to have people that speak English asking questions

Interview Questions
    • Kept asking questions about vacuum, lowest vacuum worked with.   View Answer
    I told them it was my 4th interview and ask if they were going to hire me or just keep interviewing me.

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cree in October 2013.

Interview was scheduled for 45 minutes and it started with a brief description about Cree and then lots of behavioral questions and how LED works? Why can't we make LED's with Germanium? This was followed by some fermi questions like, There are two light bulbs in one room and one is on all the time and the other one is on only when you open the door. How can you say which bulb is on all the time? Assume that you cut on a switch and the bulb is not on, How would you troubleshoot?

Interview Questions
    • If i give you a sphere and assume that you don't have any equipment like EDS to characterize the sphere, How can you determine what material it's made of?   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cree.

Applied online through campus recruiting website by submitting resume. Was sent and filled out a 25 questionnaire. They emailed me asking to set up a phone interview for the next day. They were about 15 minutes late in calling, said the process would take half an hour but was closer to an hour Talked about my resume but asked a lot of why questions. Continually asking to explain your explanation. You have to really know the technical details to what you're talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't LEDs made of silicon? Why doesn't silicon emit a photon?   Answer Question

Epitaxy Growth Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cree in October 2013.

Was really good. The reply to the application was quick and I appreciate the human resources efforts for taking all applications seriously. tells a lot about the values of the company.

Cvd Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, SC

interviewed at Cree in October 2013.

first they sent me a list of questions in a word document asking me to answer them and send back to HR. Two days later, I was contacted by a hiring manager in email to set up a time for an interview on Saturday. During the interview, i was asked some basic questions about microfabrication.

Process Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cree.

The interview process was long and hard, but it really helps in understanding the company and its employees.

Interview Questions
    • how many barbers will it take for a town of 1 million people   Answer Question
    The terms were acceptable, no need for negotiations

Process Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cree.

I had an informal phone discussion with who was later my hiring manager. Next I was told to write a 30 minute in depth presentation about a project that I had worked on in school (I was a new graduate). Next I gave Skype presentation of my project. I was then flown in for an in person interview where I was asked heavily detailed questions about my project as well as the machines that I used.

Interview Questions
    • Highly detailed questions about how an SEM works and about why I made my decisions over the course of my project.   Answer Question

Epitaxial Sustaining Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cree.

painful and all day - the interview was 12 hrs