Cree

Relevance Date Difficulty

LED Interview

LED
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cree in January 2012.

Interview Details – Reading the other interview experiences, I did not believe the consensus. Then I had a phone conversation with the engineer from the group. Let me tell you that in my post interview experience, I strongly concur with the rest of the posts here. One thing that comes up is the company tells you "we do not discuss that with outsiders" to any question asked of them, but will berate you with various questions, some which have nothing to do with their particular industry. I asked a question about a post process measurement procedure, which by no means is proprietary or secret. Quite to the contrary, general measurement should freely be discussed as you never know what you might learn. This interviewer was completely different from any other I have had, and would not wish to repeat. Every other interview or communication I have had was pleasant and irrespective of the outcome left me feeling invigorated by lively discussion. This one did not, and the other reviews are pretty much right on target.

Interview Questions

• Questions about your prior projects.   Answer Question
  • If a technology is currently being made in NC, but can very well be made in China (at a cost reduction of 90%) what is the expected lifetime of the plant in NC? ;)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cree

Worked for Cree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cree LED interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cree employees and interview candidates.