Cree

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cree in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is listed below:
1) Initial phone screen with HR
2) Fill out questionnaire for team to review (It's a long questionnaire)
3) Technical phone screen with hiring manager
4) On site Interview
 4a) Group presentation
 4b) 1:1 interviews with team members
 4c) Lunch with a couple folks
 4d) More 1:1 interviews with internal customers
5) Wrap up with hiring manager

All in all the folks seemed to be good people. Everyone was very nice and accommodating throughout the interview process. The position also sounded very challenging and fun. Most of the interviews were series of questions based on my previous experience, how it may apply to Cree, and why I was choosing Cree.

One interviewer was somewhat condescending, but everyone in general was very nice and accommodating throughout the interview.

If you want some great engineering experience and some fun tough problems to solve, Cree is the place.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I decided to decline the offer due to my long term career plans not meshing up with the career path that would be available to me at Cree.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cree

Worked for Cree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cree Mechanical Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cree employees and interview candidates.