Creighton University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at Creighton University

Interview Details – You will usually be interviewed by the Department Chairman, his Administrator and maybe faculty depending on who you are working with.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it offer.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Creighton University in August 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with the dean after department chair meeting.

Interview Question – What will you bring / contribute tot the department   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 days

Research Associate I Interview

Research Associate I
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Creighton University.

Interview Details – At the time, I contacted the professor directly. Now they prefer that you go to Human Resources first. I interviewed with the professor, and was hired in one day.

Interview Question – The professor wanted to know what techniques I knew, especially in molecular biology.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I didn't know what the market was in Omaha. Sometimes you can negotiate if you are being paid off of a grant.

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Creighton University in March 2010.

Interview Details – They don't really have much of an interview for GRAs. It's based on your resume, GMAT score, GPA, and references. If you're a quality student with above average scores, you've got a good possibility of getting a position.
You come in and talk to the Associate Dean of the College of business, as well as other staff members. They just ask why you want the position and your future goals. Nothing hard at all. I think it's more to just get a feel for if you measure up to yourself on paper.

Resident Director Interview

Resident Director
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Creighton University.

Interview Details – After submitting an online application with a resume a cover letter, two phone interviews and an on-campus interview were completed.

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Creighton University in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online. Then got a response in form of email. Then representative called me ask about my experience and skills and then I got accepted. One more thing, for graduate school at Creighton, you need to pass the GRE and TOEFL.

Interview Question – What is your Qualification?   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Creighton University in November 2007.

Interview Details – Upon seeing the position advertised I called to inquire about the nature of the work and was encouraged to apply. I submitted an online interview form and was contacted by the Director of the area I would be working in. After a phone conversation it was arranged that I meet with him and others in the office I would be working with. This was a fairly informal interview as I had worked with most all of the people involved and so some of my skills and abilities were already known. They were very forthcoming about the expectations of the job and the Director made sure that I would receive a raise in order to move to this position. I also interviewed separately with the Director and with the Assistant Vice-President of the Division I would be working in. Again, a lot of this was to find out a little more detail on what experience I did have, but equally it was about my input into the position and my expectations as well.

Interview Question – What were my expectations for the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In fact, I was fortunate that I did not need to negotiate as a higher salary offer was made that was as high as they were authorized to go.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Creighton University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Creighton University interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Creighton University employees and interview candidates.