Creighton University Interview Questions in Nebraska

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Creighton University.

At the time, I contacted the professor directly. Now they prefer that you go to Human Resources first. I interviewed with the professor, and was hired in one day.

Interview Questions
    • The professor wanted to know what techniques I knew, especially in molecular biology.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because I didn't know what the market was in Omaha. Sometimes you can negotiate if you are being paid off of a grant.

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Creighton University.

After submitting an online application with a resume a cover letter, two phone interviews and an on-campus interview were completed.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Creighton University in August 2010.

Meet with the dean after department chair meeting.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring / contribute tot the department   View Answer
    2 days

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Creighton University in March 2010.

They don't really have much of an interview for GRAs. It's based on your resume, GMAT score, GPA, and references. If you're a quality student with above average scores, you've got a good possibility of getting a position.
    You come in and talk to the Associate Dean of the College of business, as well as other staff members. They just ask why you want the position and your future goals. Nothing hard at all. I think it's more to just get a feel for if you measure up to yourself on paper.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Creighton University in September 2009.

I applied online. Then got a response in form of email. Then representative called me ask about my experience and skills and then I got accepted. One more thing, for graduate school at Creighton, you need to pass the GRE and TOEFL.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Creighton University in November 2007.

Upon seeing the position advertised I called to inquire about the nature of the work and was encouraged to apply. I submitted an online interview form and was contacted by the Director of the area I would be working in. After a phone conversation it was arranged that I meet with him and others in the office I would be working with. This was a fairly informal interview as I had worked with most all of the people involved and so some of my skills and abilities were already known. They were very forthcoming about the expectations of the job and the Director made sure that I would receive a raise in order to move to this position. I also interviewed separately with the Director and with the Assistant Vice-President of the Division I would be working in. Again, a lot of this was to find out a little more detail on what experience I did have, but equally it was about my input into the position and my expectations as well.

Interview Questions
    • What were my expectations for the job?   View Answer
    In fact, I was fortunate that I did not need to negotiate as a higher salary offer was made that was as high as they were authorized to go.