Crestron Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014

2.3

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in March 2011.

You would normally interview with the direct manager and his manager.
    One would follow the other.
    They would want to get to know you and hear about your past experience.
    Other than that they might want to test your skill set.
    Not a bad experience, just make sure you ask HR the right questions before coming in.

Interview Questions
    Crestron always low balls you...

Director Interview

It really depends on the position for which you are interviewing. HR is very professional, however many managers have never worked elsewhere and their only role models have been less than professional.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Phone interview followed by panel interview at the main campus

Interview Questions

Pay not commensurate with position or experience.

Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

I passed an initial HR screening interview where I was asked all the standard questions. Examples: what do you do on a tight deadline? How do you deal with team dynamics? etc.

I was then scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager. I waited for him for an hour, then shot HR an email asking what I should do. HR contacted the hiring manager and he frantically called me right. He was driving home and offered to talk to me the next day.

The next day, he called 20 minutes after our interview time. After asking a few basic C questions, his coworker asked if he wanted to go out to lunch with him (while I am still on the phone and can hear their conversation). He replied: "Yes, give me 10 minutes." He asked me one more question and then the interview was over.

Overall, I spent over 1.5 hours waiting for a 10 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Figuring out a nice way to ask HR where my interviewer was after I didn't get a call during our scheduled time.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Saw an ad in the county paper, decided I would apply just for the heck of it. Didnt expect to get the job didnt really care either. Then met with 2 gentlemen who were face to face asking questions about why I want to be a part of the team and what I had to offer vs other potential employees. Basically it was a chance for them to see that I would be worth my salary

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockleigh, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in February 2013.

It took three phone interviews and an off-site interview to get the job. After starting, the first two weeks on site included a series of continued impromptu interviews with all of the top staff. It was grueling to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technically difficult questions for me because my level of expertise in my field was so far beyond anyone's there that I encountered. Otherwise there were only typical question from HR. Nothing difficult there either.   Answer Question
    Yes I negotiated. In view of what I have said in my review, you need to really think seriously about taking the job. Other that that, aim as high as reasonable and they'll probably meet you half way.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spiceland, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spiceland, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in July 2013.

Went through 4 different phone interviews. Each about 15 minutes long. They told me they were going to bring me in to see the facility of the contract manufacturer they use and the head of engineer but after they said this I never heard from them again. Even after several phone calls and emails.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in February 2013.

Long, with a mix of knowledgeable and ignorant participants from the company. A disjointed, repetitive, confusing process, answering the same questions multiple times even after employment due to severe lack of coordination between departments.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a power user of MS Office? Power User of MS Office, that's right, how ridiculous. For this position it sounded like I was applying for a clerical rather that technical engineering type of job.   View Answer

After all of the confusion of the interview process, I recognized quickly that this company is all show and no go as far as the employees are concerned. It's a job you can take if you have no other options.

Engineer Interview

Phone interview pretty basic questions about senior project

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockland, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in October 2012.

HR contact following online application. HR scheduling notifies me of Operations team leader interview. Operations team leader interview determines if next step is group interview or hiring decision is made.

Interview Questions
    • It was not difficult, it was typical- asked what was weakness, toughest customer problem and your resolution of same, etc.   View Answer

Worked for Crestron Electronics? Contribute to the Community!