Crestron Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Rockleigh, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in March 2011.

Interview Details – You would normally interview with the direct manager and his manager.
One would follow the other.
They would want to get to know you and hear about your past experience.
Other than that they might want to test your skill set.
Not a bad experience, just make sure you ask HR the right questions before coming in.

Interview Question – Review engineering drawings   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Crestron always low balls you...

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Crestron Electronics

Interview Details – It really depends on the position for which you are interviewing. HR is very professional, however many managers have never worked elsewhere and their only role models have been less than professional.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by panel interview at the main campus

Interview Question – Nothing extraordinary, mostly background info   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay not commensurate with position or experience.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Interview Details – I passed an initial HR screening interview where I was asked all the standard questions. Examples: what do you do on a tight deadline? How do you deal with team dynamics? etc.

I was then scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager. I waited for him for an hour, then shot HR an email asking what I should do. HR contacted the hiring manager and he frantically called me right. He was driving home and offered to talk to me the next day.

The next day, he called 20 minutes after our interview time. After asking a few basic C questions, his coworker asked if he wanted to go out to lunch with him (while I am still on the phone and can hear their conversation). He replied: "Yes, give me 10 minutes." He asked me one more question and then the interview was over.

Overall, I spent over 1.5 hours waiting for a 10 minute interview.

Interview Question – Figuring out a nice way to ask HR where my interviewer was after I didn't get a call during our scheduled time.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Rockleigh, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics.

Interview Details – Saw an ad in the county paper, decided I would apply just for the heck of it. Didnt expect to get the job didnt really care either. Then met with 2 gentlemen who were face to face asking questions about why I want to be a part of the team and what I had to offer vs other potential employees. Basically it was a chance for them to see that I would be worth my salary

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Quality Inspector Interview

Quality Inspector
Rockleigh, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in February 2013.

Interview Details – It took three phone interviews and an off-site interview to get the job. After starting, the first two weeks on site included a series of continued impromptu interviews with all of the top staff. It was grueling to say the least.

Interview Question – There were no technically difficult questions for me because my level of expertise in my field was so far beyond anyone's there that I encountered. Otherwise there were only typical question from HR. Nothing difficult there either.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I negotiated. In view of what I have said in my review, you need to really think seriously about taking the job. Other that that, aim as high as reasonable and they'll probably meet you half way.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Supplier Quality Engineer
Spiceland, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in July 2013.

Interview Details – Went through 4 different phone interviews. Each about 15 minutes long. They told me they were going to bring me in to see the facility of the contract manufacturer they use and the head of engineer but after they said this I never heard from them again. Even after several phone calls and emails.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in February 2013.

Interview Details – Long, with a mix of knowledgeable and ignorant participants from the company. A disjointed, repetitive, confusing process, answering the same questions multiple times even after employment due to severe lack of coordination between departments.

Interview Question – Are you a power user of MS Office? Power User of MS Office, that's right, how ridiculous. For this position it sounded like I was applying for a clerical rather that technical engineering type of job.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After all of the confusion of the interview process, I recognized quickly that this company is all show and no go as far as the employees are concerned. It's a job you can take if you have no other options.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Crestron Electronics

Interview Details – Phone interview pretty basic questions about senior project

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Rockland, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Crestron Electronics in October 2012.

Interview Details – HR contact following online application. HR scheduling notifies me of Operations team leader interview. Operations team leader interview determines if next step is group interview or hiring decision is made.

Interview Question – It was not difficult, it was typical- asked what was weakness, toughest customer problem and your resolution of same, etc.   View Answer

Worked for Crestron Electronics? Contribute to the Community!