Crete Carrier

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Professional Driver Interview

Professional Driver

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Crete Carrier.

Interview Details – They were ok.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Crete Carrier Interview

Crete Carrier

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Crete Carrier in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very relaxed yet professional. I liked that I only had to have one interview and found out within two days that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Question – Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate on anything. Salary and benefits were take or leave it.

Road Driver Interview

Road Driver
Lenoir City, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Crete Carrier in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hired me straight out of driving school. Took a few weeks for back ground check to b processed. Recruiting interview went well. Hiring process took a few days to do all the paperwork, drug test, physical, road testing & video watching. But they do provide means to get u there, room to stay & pay u for the time if u r hired.

Truck Driver Interview

Truck Driver
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crete Carrier in January 2012.

Interview Details – The initial interview is really nothing more than a pre-approval of your online application. Once pre-approved prepare to be accepted. You will then be asked to show up at a regional terminal office where they will provide you a motel room. You will then more than likely spend 3-4 days filling out some of the same paperwork you had already completed online, and been screened for drugs, physical, and fitness. You will watch endless safety vids and take multiple choice tests. Meals will not be provided except on the rarest of occasions. You will take a short driver test with another driver. You will not be compensated for the duration of this week. If you pass this first week of screening, you will receive either a bus ticket or a truck. This truck and or bus ticket will be used to take you to Lincoln Nebraska to Crete HQ.

Now here's the part that will drive you crazy. You will redo every piece of paperwork, the drug test, the safety vids, the company vids, etc. You will be given a motel. Expect to be up early every morning, be fed cafeteria food, and be asked to stick around till 5pm every night for the motel shuttle. You will receive a truck assignment at the end of the week if you haven't already. Your compensation will be about $75 a day, unless something has change in the last year.

You will likely receive your first load out of Lincoln on Thursday. Be prepared to run a couple weeks before you see the house, even if they tell you that you'll get right home. If you work on the home weekly fleet expect 1200-1500 miles a week max. If on the month out at a time plan, expect 2200-2600 miles a week.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions, except, are you prepared to be out for a month away from family and friends with only 4 days home?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Any negotiation must be done upfront with the finance department and handled through the terminal manager. This is difficult. There is little leverage.

Trailer Tech Interview

Trailer Tech
Wilmer, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crete Carrier in May 2008.

Interview Details – first phone call intervi.ew then face to face

Negotiation Details – a little but no room

Driver Recruiter Interview

Driver Recruiter
New Kingstown, PA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Crete Carrier in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with corporate, then in-person interview with manager in New Kingstown.

Interview Question – Are you the type of person to hold a grudge after a disagreement in the workplace or do you get over it easily.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is none. Take it or leave it.

Truck Driver Interview

Truck Driver
Lincoln, NE

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Crete Carrier in August 2009.

Interview Details – put app. over the internet..got phone call a week later ...went over rehire..but said i must live within 100 miles of termial

Interview Question – why did you hire me once before....but now am not wanted   View Answer

Reason for Declining – i didnt...they declined me

OTR Driver Interview

OTR Driver

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Crete Carrier in May 2011.

Interview Details – Crete Carrier is very thorough in its hiring process. If you forget something in your past, or you try to hide something, they will find it. Full disclosure is the best route. My one complaint is that it takes about three weeks to get to orientation after submitting the application. Once in orientation, drivers are treated with professionalism and respect.

Worked for Crete Carrier? Contribute to the Community!