Cricket Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Security Administrative Interview

Network Security Administrative
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cricket Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired through Insight Global, a placement firm. I met with Insight Global outside the interview, and then sat in an interview with the manager and then his staff came in and grilled me. I was hired as a contractor and after 9 months of contracting was brought on as a FTE. Since being brought out, my entire contracting time seemed to add as my total time of employment by the company.

Negotiation Details – Yes, I got priced into their top tier due to my experience and knowledge.

Crs/Rsr Interview

Crs/Rsr
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cricket Communications in October 2012.

Interview Details – my experience was different. I went in for an interview, and was required to shadow while I waited. The store got very busy and required the managers attention. so I started working, (on my own was not asked) signing customers in troubleshooting etc. I stayed for almost 3 hours. needless to say no other interview was necessary. I was hired!
It does take over a month to start with this company due to background checks. that is a bit frustrating.

Interview Question – I've witnessed a few interviews, actually interview is pretty average to any other   Answer Question

Cricket Communications Senior Manager, Communications responded to this review

Dec 23, 2013

While certainly not an ordinary interview experience, looks like we landed in the right place (you were hired)! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience (including the pre-employment ... More

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cricket Communications in May 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews, the last of which was with 7 individual people, one at a time in 30-minute increments.

Hiring process takes a very long time.

Interview Question – none--they were very reasonable and more conversational in nature. Generally behavioral questions--fairly routine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offered at the top of the range and I simply accepted.

Cricket Communications Senior Manager, Communications responded to this review

Oct 10, 2013

Appreciate the feedback in relation to our Talent Acquisition process, thank you for taking the time to provide!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cricket Communications in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter on 5/17. Face-to-face with hiring manager on 5/22. Phone interview with Director on 5/25. Verbal offer was made on 6/8.
Interview questions were mainly personality and style questions to determine team and cultural fit. Recruiter, hiring manager and directors were all very pleasant, professional and very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style and the pros and cons of your style.   Answer Question
  • What's the largest and smallest number of people you have managed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were negotiation. I stated a salary range that I wanted and the offer was at the top end of my range.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Cricket Communications in August 2009.

Interview Details – Overall a very disappointing experience. The receptionist made me wait until the movie she was watching on her computer was done to take my name. I waited another 30 minutes to be seen. I was interviewed by two people that clearly did not get along and were one upping each other during the interview. There was very little structure to the interview, jumping around from topic to topic made it hard to determine what the job would really entail.

Interview Question – None, very few questions were asked of me during the interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I felt I would not be a good fit in the office overall. I was very uncomfortable with the obvious tension between the two people interviewing me, who would have been coworkers. The overall lack of professionalism was a major warning sign.

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Consumer Marketing Interview

Vice President Consumer Marketing
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cricket Communications in October 2010.

Interview Details – The entire interview process was very pleasant and very professionally run. I was initially reached by the VP of H.R. who found my contact info in LinkedIn. I interviewed with 5 people and was immediately offered a job in less than a week from my last interview. The people were very professional, smart and had a good vibe about them. The work cutlure is very hard working and collegial.

Interview Question – What do you know about wireless having worked for most of your career in CPG?   Answer Question

Worked for Cricket Communications? Contribute to the Community!