Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cricket Communications
- Retail Sales Representative (11)
- Project Manager (3)
- Store Manager (3)
- Indirect Service Specialist (3)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Accountant (2)
- Assistant Store Manager (2)
- Intern (2)
- Cashier (2)
- Sales (2)
- Sales Representative (2)
- Retail Business Manager (2)
- Manager Indirect Accounts (2)
- Applications Engineering Director (1)
- Retail Distict Manager (1)
- Network Security Administrative (1)
- RSR (1)
- Vice President (1)
- Customer Service Lead (1)
- Corporate Engineer (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Wireless Sales Associate (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Indirect Account Manager (1)
- Senior Financial Analyst (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- IT (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer IV (1)
Manager Indirect Accounts Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Cricket Communications (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.
This is my 3rd interview process with them. Each time I have met 1/1 with each person. I have met my direct manager and some leadership staff. They are friendly but not quick to make offer until last minute and want a reply quickly.
- Describing my philosophy of mentoring people Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Cricket Communications
Manager Indirect Accounts InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at Cricket Communications in June 2009.
Long and delayed response time
- What would you do to hit your goals on a daily basis? Answer Question
What were you able to negotiate? What advice would you give others considering an offer?
Indirect Account Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cricket Communications in March 2009.
You start off with a phone interview from Hr. If you pass that then you do a phone interview with Manager, If that goes well, then you do a face to face interview with Manager. Some advice is to really highlight the skill set you have that pertains to the position applying for. There going to ask you questions that make you go back to momments when you performed certain skills and ask how you handle certain situations so be ready.
- Describe a time when you handled an angry customer, what did you do? what was the outcome? Answer Question