Cricket Communications

www.mycricket.com

Cricket Communications Indirect Service Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cricket Communications in August 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first with general work experience questions. The a few days later got called in for a panel interview with the hiring manager and 2 of his peers. Asked mainly situational questions similar to most others..."Tell me your best customer service experience" "Give me a time when you had a difficult customer and how you dealt with them."

Interview Question – Sell me this pencil   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called and gave me an offer, i told them i would think about it and call them back. I called back and asked for more. They told me they would get back with me. They called me back within a an hour or so and accepted my counter offer.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cricket Communications in January 2012.

Interview Details – Horrible. Dreadful. Severely unprofessional. These are "first thoughts" when thinking about the interview process here.
I am probably one of the best people out there for them to hire and promote their product and name. I have years of experience, all good, with their far superior, and more successful, industry peer. Unfortunately i have moved to an area where Cricket is the 'no-contract' carrier in the area.
Should have listened to the warning bells. I had told some people who work for the company i used to work for, including some senior management, that i was going to apply and likely work for Cricket (i didn't think there was ANY way possible they would pass on me, i figured they'd be jumping through hoops to have me start). Their response? "oh...um....i've heard NOTHING but bad things about that place...nothing good. It's not well-run business like ours", etc, etc, etc. Multiple times. Turns out not only that they're right...they're dead-on accurate

So i had interviewed before with them and unbelievably, nothing came of it. Years of superior experience and was blown off like i was nothing. So i get another call from them. Come on in. So i figured "this time its GOT to work out".
I go in and the guy interviewing me was moving quickly through the questions and it appeared my experience in this EXACT industry mattered very little, if at all. I had the feeling that he was going through the motions and already had a hire in mind. I've done the interviewing myself in the past, so i'm pretty good at reading whats a "real" interview is and what a "blow-off" one is. This wasn't a good one. After he blew through the interview process, he kept saying (very quickly as to scoot me out the door as fast as possible), "any more questions?...any more questions?....any more questions". Right then i knew i wouldn't be hearing back from them. And i didn't. Usually when i send a follow-up email i get a "thanks for coming in" whatevery......nothing. Can't even take the second to answer back (not surprising considering the company).

I'm going to write a certified letter detailing this pathetic process to their CEO, Doug Hutcheson. Someone has to know whats going on out in the field or lay a hammer down to not let things like this happen. Or you continue to get low-grade, low-quality help (as they have ALOT of now) and will continue to blow off highly experienced people who are just dying to work for the company. Thats the kind of employee you want, right?

I've attempted to make contact with their HR, Management, and recruiters before in an attempt to look interested and motivated instead of going the ho-hum filling out the app and seeing if anyone calls route. Again, as an employer thats what you should want. The previous company i worked for would RECRUIT highly qualified candidates and call THEM. This company...Cricket... the answer i got over and over was "um, yeah, when you see an opening, go ahead and apply online..". Well, gee thanks....could you possibly get any more lazy?

Someone in their San Diego office should be monitoring these reviews and trying to make contact with the person who wrote them (as some other companies on here already do). But hey, this is Cricket. I'll bet no one over there even reads this..let alone trys to understand it.
I had commented on another company (not badly), but was immediately emailed/instant messaged on this site by the most senior recruiter in a corporate office, it was a highly professional move. I was quite impressed.

One other comment on the interview...Cricket relies way too much on "behavorial" questioning and do not seem to want to discuss "real-life" job experience. The problem with it being so heavy is that candidates will "memorize" questions and answers in the days before the interview instead of honestly answering questions, so in turn you end up letting people that fake-it pretty well make it through the hiring process.

Interview Question – typical retail "behavioral" questions.   View Answer

Indirect Service Specialist

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cricket Communications in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited from Career Builder. I recieved a call. I came in for interview number one and ended up interviewing with three different people. The last guy was a high up executive who basically stated if you got this far you are okay with me. They called me after my background came back and offered me the position. I was rushed to accept, I think he gave me a day to decide.

Interview Question – What can you bring to Cricket?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Worked for Cricket Communications? Contribute to the Community!